Foreign investment in Thailand grows 106%

webfact

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

Reading comprehension issues again.  The BOI post on their website, in English, the details of every single application they approve.  They give the company name, the ownership details of that company, what type of industry it is and which category of BOI promotion it falls under, and where it is physically situated.  This information is then all easily cross referenced with the DBD database  (all online, searchable) which gives you shareholder information, registered capital, investment (and P&L information if the company is already trading).

Ergo 100% verifiable.  If you want to go for it knock yourself out.

Share a link so we can see for sure it's 100% verifiable. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Share a link so we can see for sure it's 100% verifiable. 

God this is getting tedious.  You're the one who said the figures are made up, isn't the burden of proof supposed to be on you?

BOI Approvals 2019:   https://www.boi.go.th/index.php?page=project_approval

DBD Company Database:  https://www.dbd.go.th/Applications/cds/

Once you find the company you can find their financial information on the DBD Data Warehouse:  https://datawarehouse.dbd.go.th/login/en         You need an account though.

Have fun!  Don't forget to report back!

4 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

God this is getting tedious.  You're the one who said the figures are made up, isn't the burden of proof supposed to be on you?

BOI Approvals 2019:   https://www.boi.go.th/index.php?page=project_approval

DBD Company Database:  https://www.dbd.go.th/Applications/cds/

Once you find the company you can find their financial information on the DBD Data Warehouse:  https://datawarehouse.dbd.go.th/login/en         You need an account though.

Have fun!  Don't forget to report back!

Opened fist link and first company - now, how can you 100% verify the information is correct?

3 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Opened fist link and first company - now, how can you 100% verify the information is correct?

By following the process I wrote to cross check it which is about three posts above this one.  You don't retain information very long do you?

5 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

A link to to it being 106% verifiable. 

It is 100% verifiable because I have verified companies on the DBD database myself, and I currently run a foreign owned BOI company that has all our details up there, has all our financial information in the system, and it is 100% true across all platforms.  Searchable and visible to anyone with half a brain.

If you still refuse to believe any of that is true that is up to you, I can't help you any more - I think I have provided more than enough information and guidance.

3 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

It is 100% verifiable because I have verified companies on the DBD database myself, and I currently run a foreign owned BOI company that has all our details up there, has all our financial information in the system, and it is 100% true across all platforms.  Searchable and visible to anyone with half a brain.

If you still refuse to believe any of that is true that is up to you, I can't help you any more - I think I have provided more than enough information and guidance.

So you've gone through all the companies and checked that the figure is indeed 106%? 

7 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

So you've gone through all the companies and checked that the figure is indeed 106%? 

You are very silly!

He never told he checked... but that was never the question! He only told it can be verified.

I also not believe the 106% grow actually as I think this is a type and should be 6% grow. But at least they give fact which could be verified. 

The other group only thinking their stuff but have not given any information except their thinking!

I would like to see some evidence (at least show one company on the BOI Board which is listen there with wrong figures)! This should be easy to find if there are some.

But it's always easier to complain

6 minutes ago, HampiK said:

You are very silly!

He never told he checked... but that was never the question! He only told it can be verified.

I also not believe the 106% grow actually as I think this is a type and should be 6% grow. But at least they give fact which could be verified. 

The other group only thinking their stuff but have not given any information except their thinking!

I would like to see some evidence (at least show one company on the BOI Board which is listen there with wrong figures)! This should be easy to find if there are some.

But it's always easier to complain

Saying you don't believe something isn't complaining. It's simply stating you don't believe something.

Saying these figures seem like nonsense is quite justifiable. Considering everything that's going on here right now. The argument wasn't about the companies being listed or not. It's about the figures being real. He said it can be 100% verified (implying the numbers add up which can be checked) which myself and other members refuted. 

This government can seemingly do what it wants. Is it really a stretch of the imagination that figures can be twisted and manipulated by them to paint a pretty picture? Kind how how we were told the floods were not floods merely water that hasn't drained yet. 

6 hours ago, rkidlad said:

What on god’s green earth are you talking about? Use your words. 

You cheat people investing, whether national or international, at your peril which is why defaulting is such a big thing, so no, nobody is going to change the rules to the detriment of investors.

14 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Don't be childish.

You are the one who is claiming the figures are wrong, so if you want to go through and add them up off you go.  I don't need to.  

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

Don't be childish.

You are the one who is claiming the figures are wrong, so if you want to go through and add them up off you go.  I don't need to.  

Not at all. I just don't believe them. Saying it's all verifiable in this current climate is misleading. 

Just now, rkidlad said:

Not at all. I just don't believe them. Saying it's all verifiable in this current climate is misleading. 

Not when I've told you exactly how they can be verified. 

Anyway, tired of going around and around and not getting any facts back, just the same old "It's not true" with nothing to back it up.  Not worth spending any more time on this thread.

3 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Not when I've told you exactly how they can be verified. 

Anyway, tired of going around and around and not getting any facts back, just the same old "It's not true" with nothing to back it up.  Not worth spending any more time on this thread.

Talking of facts, here's some stats. from Santandar regarding Thailand FDI and it makes interesting reading.

2016 - USD 1,815 mill. 

2017 - USD 6,478 mill.

2018 - USD 10,493 mill.

Those are massive YoY jumps, 2019 has not ended yet so the numbers remain incomplete but I would guess, based on the past few years, a doubling of the figures is easily possible.

https://santandertrade.com/en/portal/establish-overseas/thailand/foreign-investment

Why?

"Thailand is among the countries with the most reforms in business regulation over the past few years, which have facilitated the setting-up processes and reduced the time to start a business from 27.5 days to 4.5 days. The country has improved considerably its ranking in the World Bank's Doing Business, and it occupies 27th position in the Doing Business 2019 ranking, loosing one position from the previous year. The rights of borrowers and creditors have been strengthened as well as the system of land administration".

A news article from the paper that can't be named here, dated 21 June 2019:

"Applications for foreign direct investment climbed to 84.1 billion baht in the first quarter, up 253% from the same period last year,"

Google: Foreign Investment Soars as trade war escalates (followed by the name of that newspaper).

17 hours ago, DrTuner said:

And how much of this is hot money from China?

Hot money is usually targeted at government bonds, BOT has reduced the supply of these in order to tame the inflows. They have also reduced the cap on non-resident accounts and demanded the names of the beneficiaries of government securities. All of those things mean that hot money is no longer a serious issue, the funds being discussed here involve mostly business investment.

Not long ago i red 1300 companies, up to octobre, went out of business in Thailand.

Foreign companies invested, so are they responsible for the shut down of 1300 other companies?

Natural resources? Aaaaah gold, oil  and so one, destruction of Thai landscape, good.

3 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Not long ago i red 1300 companies, up to octobre, went out of business in Thailand.

Foreign companies invested, so are they responsible for the shut down of 1300 other companies?

Natural resources? Aaaaah gold, oil  and so one, destruction of Thai landscape, good.

Not sure what point you're trying to make.

Companies go out of business all the time, everywhere.

Funny how people moan that Thailand is too protective over industry and apparently hates farang, but then they also moan that foreign companies are being let in.

On 12/6/2019 at 6:07 AM, saengd said:

A news article from the paper that can't be named here, dated 21 June 2019:

"Applications for foreign direct investment climbed to 84.1 billion baht in the first quarter, up 253% from the same period last year,"

Google: Foreign Investment Soars as trade war escalates (followed by the name of that newspaper).

So basically all the farang that are being forced out of the country with new laws and requirements mean little to the country with their spending as the Thai's are looking to upgrade the country by inviting more legit companies and trade in the land. The spending of the farang who have left will not be missed.

2 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

So basically all the farang that are being forced out of the country with new laws and requirements mean little to the country with their spending as the Thai's are looking to upgrade the country by inviting more legit companies and trade in the land. The spending of the farang who have left will not be missed.

If you want to look at it that way, yes. I prefer to look at it as saying Thailand is modernising, playing catch up in some areas in which they had been very lax previously.

On 12/6/2019 at 9:43 AM, josephbloggs said:

Not only is it widely known, but I know from personal experience over several years dealing with them. The BOI has one job and one job only - to encourage foreign investment in Thailand. It actually goes against other government agencies who seek to protect Thai industry and Thai workers (the labour department for example) 

Every single rule and regulation is clearly listed on their website - in English. Every single approval is listed in full on their website. You meet their criteria and you will receive approval. If you don't you won't. 

We all know corruption abounds in Thailand. I have been working here for 24 years and don't recall ever seeing one article about corruption in the BOI - seen it everywhere else. 

Anyway i am fully confident in what I say, it marries with my experience and the experience of anyone else I know who has worked with the BOI, it makes with commonly held knowledge in the business community, and it marries with their clear, transparent and accountable way of working. Whether you believe that or not is up to you. 

I have the same experience of the BOI.

Archived