90 Day Reporting : Can you do late Report at the Drive Through?

Clifford S

Morning All

Just realised I'm 2 week late for my 90 Day Report, First time ever, Dunno how I missed the 2 Google Calendar Notifications but I did ...

So I'll drive to Phuket Immigration today.

Can I still use the drive through as I'm 2 weeks late for the report ?

Do you still need a form or is it Automatic. (My Permit to stay extension is from Phuket)

Cheers,

S.C.

16 minutes ago, hansgruber said:

No. You need to go inside and pay up. 2000 baht. 

Thanks HansGruber, don't suppose you know if I need to complete forms etc ? (Just like to do that before I go if I do ....)

Also wondering if Patong might be any easier option, but can be Zoos at the best of times !

9 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

Could be a trip to the Monkey house, good luck in trying that!

Has anyone ever been sent MonkeyHouse for a small Tip to a Thai Police man or IO ? Don't they have TIP Jars labelled as such on their desks anymore ?

(My Thai lawyer a few years back met me at the Phuket Court house to sort out child documents for my Parent/Guardian visa), when I explained I was having problems with my Permit extension, he instructed my in techniques on how to tip an IO, including cash in envelopes in newspapers to be left on IO's desks...) !

8 hours ago, Clifford S said:

Has anyone ever been sent MonkeyHouse for a small Tip to a Thai Police man or IO ? Don't they have TIP Jars labelled as such on their desks anymore ?

(My Thai lawyer a few years back met me at the Phuket Court house to sort out child documents for my Parent/Guardian visa), when I explained I was having problems with my Permit extension, he instructed my in techniques on how to tip an IO, including cash in envelopes in newspapers to be left on IO's desks...) !

Good job you haven't named the lawyer, never would I try and bribe any official here, I'm sure any honest official would be very upset at an attempt to bribe them.

9 hours ago, Clifford S said:

<snip>

Typical advise from a Thai lawyer working the corrupt gravy train.

I suppose you were 'having problems with' your permit extension due to an error in your paperwork or requirements,  so Ok then be a chump and pay a 'bribe'. You would only be encouraging the corrupt system.

On 12/8/2019 at 1:37 PM, LivinginKata said:

Typical advise from a Thai lawyer working the corrupt gravy train.

I suppose you were 'having problems with' your permit extension due to an error in your paperwork or requirements,  so Ok then be a chump and pay a 'bribe'. You would only be encouraging the corrupt system.

I wasn't being a CHUMP as you call it at all, I was on a retirement, wanted a dependant as there was a possibility I was going to start work, OP in Phuket town got livid, thumping away with his two typing fingers on his antiquated typewriter, calling me "YOU DIFFICULT MAN". He had the hump cos he had to fill in a few more forms ! I had KorRor11 from Phuket Courts, they just didn't wanna accept them.

You're being a "TrumpSizeChump" if you think you can live Thailand 100% without paying a bribe.

You ever tried to build something here for example ?

9 hours ago, Clifford S said:

I wasn't being a CHUMP as you call it at all, I was on a retirement, wanted a dependant as there was a possibility I was going to start work, OP in Phuket town got livid, thumping away with his two typing fingers on his antiquated typewriter, calling me "YOU DIFFICULT MAN". He had the hump cos he had to fill in a few more forms ! I had KorRor11 from Phuket Courts, they just didn't wanna accept them.

You're being a "TrumpSizeChump" if you think you can live Thailand 100% without paying a bribe.

"f you think you can live Thailand 100% without paying a bribe"

What is difficult about living here without paying a bribe?

13 hours ago, Clifford S said:

Quite right. I should not have used that word and I apologise to you.

My point was that folks should not be paying bribes if their paperwork is all in order.

Given that this is a Thai immigration topic we really should not go off topic. First up. I have never paid a 'bribe' to Thai immigration. 2nd up, yes my wife and I have had to deal with planning and permits on a number of occasions over the years.  We used the services of the local planning officers to draw up our plans which were promptly approve. His services were cheaper than a private office. Was that a 'bribe'.  

7 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Quite right. I should not have used that word and I apologise to you.

My point was that folks should not be paying bribes if their paperwork is all in order.

Given that this is a Thai immigration topic we really should not go off topic. First up. I have never paid a 'bribe' to Thai immigration. 2nd up, yes my wife and I have had to deal with planning and permits on a number of occasions over the years.  We used the services of the local planning officers to draw up our plans which were promptly approve. His services were cheaper than a private office. Was that a 'bribe'.  

Dear LivingKata,

Thanks for the reply. I guess it's halfway between a bribe and what might be considered unethical in our home countries perhaps !

Cheers

SC

This thread was started early Friday morning, it's now early Wednesday and it appears the Op is still procrastinating and starting arguments.

Just put on your big boy pants, get to the drive through, hand over your passport for a 90 day report, follow any instructions they give you, then get on with your life.

42 minutes ago, Clifford S said:

Done and dusted. Thread lost focus onto bribes in LOS ! Try and keep up OldCroc ???? !

Perhaps you could point out in which post above you reported on an outcome.

I do try to keep up, must have missed it this time.

For anyone having to do a late 90 day report in the future, as PhuketRichard said a while back, you get an offer of 1,000thb no receipt.

It went like this :

So circa 10.30am, I thought I'd try the drive thru anyways as no cars there and it was the easier to drive round the Immigration building than do a U turn in the main road.

They gave me the 90 day slip anyways but asked me to go to room 101 cos I was late.

Pretty quite in Room 101, Volunteer guy asked what I wanted, I replied 90 day report late,

"Oh, not good can be 5,000, or 2,000thb but if you want I can sort it for just 1,000thb". I gave him Passport, the 90 day report from drive thru, 1 x 1,000thb note. TM47 form was not required.

There was no mention of receipts. 5 mins later, my name is called, Passport returned. All done.

So was it a bribe, I'm not sure. Maybe just an error between then Finance and  Administration Dept !

• 3 weeks later...

Archived