Police say killing of British man on holiday in Phuket is murder

webfact

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I'd also be looking at how he managed to get out of the country and who was involved 

It's remarkable, when you consider that police and immigration are the same body. It proves that neither have a computer system that talks to the other, otherwise anyone involved in police action would be flagged up on the border immigration computers.

And the same applies to foreigners not paying hospital bills. If the authorities had joined the 21st century then the police and immigration authorities would be linked up and anyone trying to leave the country with an unpaid bill would be stopped, and any long-term residents who had not paid would be refused a new visa or extension.

Perhaps Thailand 4.0 that we read of is actually Thailand 0.4

28 minutes ago, HHTel said:

Murder?  You don't say!!  How on earth did they come to that conclusion?

Needed that conclusion in order for an attempt at getting the Norwegians to send his MMA ass back to Thailand, I'd guess.

4 hours ago, Chazar said:

Oh and there  was me  thinking  he strangled  him by accident, an easy  mistake to make i  guess

Did you even read the article? It says Bullman was originally "arrested and charged with manslaughter..."

This is simply about the police changing the category of the offence from manslaughter to murder. There was never any suggestion that anyone, including the police, thought it was an accident.

He may be 'Brit' but he looks like the 'terrorist type' to me.... 

Someone who makes 'much noise' at 4 AM in a classy hotel....... Also has 'traits' of being a 'terrorist'...... in My Humble Opinion...... 

I have much more sympathy for babies and mothers who die in Thai Hospitals for 'lack of Care'..... 

What a tragic mess. First story (actually provided by the police!) was that the Sikh Brit had stormed into the Norwegian man's room with a steak knife and that the Norwegian had killed the Brit in self-defense. That clearly did not match evidence (the Brit's room would have shown signs of forced entry and struggle) and eyewitness accounts. That story shifted, with the Norwegian becoming the aggressor. More recently, a story posted this past August portrayed a remorseful Norwegian wandering the streets of Karon while out on bail, and ready to accept his fate of going to a Thai prison for his admitted crime (Google "Norwegian killer accepts he’s going to Thai prison after violent killing of UK man at Phuket hotel"). Now the guy has taken off and disappeared. I guess remorse has an expiry date...

1 hour ago, intheheartoftheheart said:

Sorry, 4 border checks without a passport? Assume he went through Cambodia?

Thailand exit

Cambodia entry

Cambodia exit

Vietnam entry

I'd understand sneaking over one border, but 4? Seems impossible.

Why? This countries not have a great wall!!! You can walk over the border in the jungle, swim over rivers, ... or use a boat!!! Nothing difficult!!! ???? ???? ????

4 hours ago, marf said:

If someone was singing on a hotel balcony at 4am, I think it quite likely that at least one of the nearby guests would be disturbed and open the hotel door to go into the corridor before knocking on the door of the person causing the disturbance.

If someone is the type of person who thinks nothing of disturbing others at 4am (perhaps through alcohol, perhaps not) then I think it's likely that a confrontation would ensue, escalating into violence.

Perhaps the other guests were heavy sleepers, didn't want to get involved. Someone called the police, I'm sure. I'm also sure that the arrested guy had a story different to what actually happened, maybe claimed self defence and said the other guy attacked him, we don't know...

Apparently this Norwegian was something of an iron bender and did not look like the sort of person any of us would care to take issue with.

The Sikh family were unfortunate that they were put next to him and the hotel security should have nipped the Norwegian's drunken behaviour in the bud when it started.

What on earth made the Thai authorities think that a foreigner was going to hang about to face justice after he'd just been caught bang to rights killing someone. It was odds on that he was going to try and scarper.

If I was a family man I'd think twice about bringing my family to the Land of Smiles.

15 minutes ago, snowgard said:

Why? This countries not have a great wall!!! You can walk over the border in the jungle, swim over rivers, ... or use a boat!!! Nothing difficult!!! ???? ???? ????

Not hard to cross borders when they look like this. Laos is on the other side of the creek.

laos.JPG

2 hours ago, intheheartoftheheart said:

I'd understand sneaking over one border, but 4? Seems impossible.

Well as he was spotted in Hanoi, it would been pretty easy to cross somewhere into Laos. Water is really low / narrow river too.
Then staying there + getting to the VN border is pretty much relaxed, guess to cross into VN somewhere is not too difficult either.

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

You're omitting manslaughter from your choices. And since it looks like it would be manslaughter or murder, a decision not always easy to make, that is important.

Here on TV you may be convicted prior to the crime is committed ...

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

so many question marks with this story, why would anyone sings at 4 am and disturb other guests, how can anyone storm into locked hotel room strangle a man and no one calls for help? and why the police has to take the time and think weather it was a murder, natural death or a suicide?...

Its the 'but I'm on holiday so I can behave like a rectum' defence. ???? 

Very annoying for someone like me that lives in what are supposed to be long term apartments only to have some idiot turn up for their ten day break and behave abominably because 'I'm on holiday'. I counter with- 'OK next week when you get home I'll move in next to you for ten days and act like a rectum'. 'But that's different- I'm at home!' 'Is it- I'M ON HOLIDAY'. They usually get the point- I rarely have to go to DEFCON  3..

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Murdered in a 5* hotel over noise.

Amazing Thailand, even the wealthy tourists are at risk.

Lol, dude, the Grand Centara is not a “true” 5 star hotel. It is only 7000 baht / night and for middle class tourists that want to believe they’re high class. If you’re wealthy you stay in places like Anantara Layan Resort ( 60,000 baht / night ) or Trisara or Amanpuri Resort ( 1 million baht / night ). I wouldn’t be caught dead at Centara. It’s a 3 star resort at best. Not all 5 stars are the same in Thailand. It’s easy to bribe the hotel committee to get your hotel rated as a 5 star when it’s a 3 star at best. Better to go by price tag. True 5 star is going to be over 30,000 baht / night.

44 minutes ago, tabarin said:

Well as he was spotted in Hanoi, it would been pretty easy to cross somewhere into Laos. Water is really low / narrow river too.
Then staying there + getting to the VN border is pretty much relaxed, guess to cross into VN somewhere is not too difficult either.

I guess crossing 4 checkpoints is easy? Then what? Say you lost your passport? 

I am just wondering how this was facilitated. Someone is likely helping...

4 hours ago, jastheace said:

confused by 'british ' mans name, and Norwegian mans name. maybe why some comments already considered trolling and removed ?

full story not yet revealed.

there is always one who cant wrap their head around the fact that different ethnicities can and do hold european passports.

45 minutes ago, tabarin said:

Yeah that Laos border photo is nuts. I guess that is how he did it. Crazy.

58 minutes ago, WhatupThailand said:

The real point: No Bad Falang News today,

SO drag this story out from August 21, 2019, cause got to have Front Page Bad Falang News.

Also shows how anyone with connections, can just skip around SE Asia with no Passport.

Too many Unanswered Questions about this story.

if you are going to insist upon using the term, at least get it right.

its farang.

F A R A N G

14 minutes ago, Duck J Butters said:

Better to go by price tag. True 5 star is going to be over 30,000 baht / night.

As far as I'm concerned everything more than 500bht/night is 5*.

If I had 30kbht/night to spend I'd be in the Seychelles or Mauritius, not Thailand. 

Archived