Police say killing of British man on holiday in Phuket is murder

webfact

9 hours ago, stevenl said:

You're omitting manslaughter from your choices. And since it looks like it would be manslaughter or murder, a decision not always easy to make, that is important.

But the decision whether to have released him on bail was easy. But again the authorities failed.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, soalbundy said:

It would depend upon whether it was premeditated or not, did he enter the room to kill or was it done in the heat of the moment, more likely is that he was/is mentally unstable.

Did he call management to report him .

1 hour ago, Skankhunt42 said:

If the Thai lawmakers were smart, they should remove the possibility for arrested tourists to be able to get bail and hold them in custody until the court date. 

If Thai lawmakers were smart, they'd let problems between two foreigners occupy court time in another country .... no, wait ........

i have never saw a more incompetent police force and for a guy who is allowed bail and goes out of the country absolute garbage  ? the guys who ecaped from court were apprehended within days but  red bull boy and this guy i have never seen a more laughable police force ever !!!! keystone cops do better than this mob hahahaha says it all im glad im in other asian places now to spend money that is welcomed and thought off the mynamar boys framed to keep face and this mob haha what a system .

From the linked story:

Now she has to wait and hope. She wants the public in Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam to keep an eye out for Bullman.

Yes people will keep an eye out for him but just one problem, they don't release what he looks like!!!!  Unreal....here we go again.....another wanted pixeled picture of a wanted person in Thailand possibly walking around with us today!!!

20 hours ago, Docno said:

Sure - but I assume the evidence of a struggle in only one room (and a balcony door being broken in one direction rather than the other) should have caused them to question his account and not simply echo to the press his version of events...  

His account was questioned!

Shouldn't be to hard to get him back from Norway I would imagine ! ... Or just make his life hell while you try to do it. .... I do not think that many of these People that Run, ... ever have very happy lives after something like this ! ? ... Like not even the Business crooks do I think ? ... Like as soon as you Run ! that is one less place that you have to do I think ! ... So the start of Decline in your life ! ? 

On 12/6/2019 at 1:29 PM, agood1963 said:

Interesting story maybe he had a very good life insurance policy  , good payout for his wife . These people cannot be trusted at all .

If there will come a list with the most stupid comments in 2019, I am sure that your comment will be in the top 3. Congrats.

I'm just disgusted by the fact that he got away, not having to face any charges. And if he makes it home, Norway will never extradite him to Thailand. He will spend a couple of years in a cell better than most social housings, or elderly apartments, and then be free to continue as he does. In certain circles in Norway this guy is a well known troublemaker. The Norwegian Embassy in, i cant remember...Hanoi or was it Pnohm Pen...would not give him an emergency passport so thats why hes not home already. Lets hope they get him before he gets to flee Asia for good.

On 12/7/2019 at 10:07 PM, Mark mark said:

Shouldn't be to hard to get him back from Norway I would imagine ! ... Or just make his life hell while you try to do it. .... I do not think that many of these People that Run, ... ever have very happy lives after something like this ! ? ... Like not even the Business crooks do I think ? ... Like as soon as you Run ! that is one less place that you have to do I think ! ... So the start of Decline in your life ! ? 

Im not sure what Norway's stance on letting one of their nationals be extradited to a country that still has the death penalty if he managed to get back to Norway

On 12/7/2019 at 12:29 PM, Just Weird said:

His account was questioned!

Really? Explain this account: 

On Thursday, Major Ekkachai Siri of the Thai Tourist Police in Karon, Phuket spoke to the local newspaper, The Phuket News, about the tragic incident. He explained that Mr Bajaj, at some point, lost patience with efforts to get the Norwegian resident at the resort to quieten down and took the matter into his hands. ‘Mr Bajaj carried a steak knife into Mr Bullman’s room. They started fighting and Mr Bajaj stabbed Mr Bullman in the left shoulder,’ the Thai police officer explained. This happened at approximately 4 am.

The police relating the Brit's early claims as if they were true

4 minutes ago, Docno said:

Really? Explain this account: 

On Thursday, Major Ekkachai Siri of the Thai Tourist Police in Karon, Phuket spoke to the local newspaper, The Phuket News, about the tragic incident. He explained that Mr Bajaj, at some point, lost patience with efforts to get the Norwegian resident at the resort to quieten down and took the matter into his hands. ‘Mr Bajaj carried a steak knife into Mr Bullman’s room. They started fighting and Mr Bajaj stabbed Mr Bullman in the left shoulder,’ the Thai police officer explained. This happened at approximately 4 am.

The police relating the Brit's early claims as if they were true

The police related the Norwegian's early claims as if they were true.

That account didn't stand up to scrutiny. There wasn't a stab wound for instance. The fatal fight occurred in the Brit's room after the Norwegian broke through a barrier between the balconies to gain entry.

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Im not sure what Norway's stance on letting one of their nationals be extradited to a country that still has the death penalty if he managed to get back to Norway

Yes, there is that, ... And Europeans, as usual, ... Not being quite as Squeaky Clean as they would like to pass them selves off as being !!! ...Right ?

3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

The police related the Norwegian's early claims as if they were true.

That account didn't stand up to scrutiny. There wasn't a stab wound for instance. The fatal fight occurred in the Brit's room after the Norwegian broke through a barrier between the balconies to gain entry.

That was exactly my point... 

On 12/6/2019 at 9:21 AM, BestB said:

Actually amazing Norway, where a security guard gets paid enough money to be able to afford 5 star hotel ????

5 star hotels in Thailand can be good value at certain times of year, cheaper than other tourist destinations.

On 12/6/2019 at 9:18 PM, brianthainess said:

No liaison with immigration would be my guess

Murderer beats 2 Billion Baht electronic facial recognition software. 

I'm having a vinyl board made up for the Immigration chiefs next press conference.

Archived