Pelosi pursues articles of impeachment against Trump, says democracy at stake

webfact

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:27 PM, Boon Mee said:

What a hate-filled shrew this woman is. 

The state of the Democrat Party is lead by an old fool who would impeach Trump merely for the way he combs his hair! 555 

I don't see it that way. I think she was forced into it against her better judgement as if she hadn't it was going to look very bad for the Dems, after all the rhetoric. The election cycle is about to happen next year, and I doubt they want the GOP to be able to use it for the election campaign, so had to either go now, and get it over before the primaries, or subject the voters to the spectacle of the Dems running in circles and getting no where during the campaign.

IMO it's a monster that got out of control and was going to consume American politics if they carried on. Simply abandoning the impeachment campaign would have been the worst option, as it would have made them look ridiculous and weak, so they are forced, IMO, into what they probably know is a lost hope of conviction, or perhaps they are just hoping something will magically turn up to convince enough GOP senators to cross the floor.

Anyway, I'm happy that it is finally going ahead, as sooner started soonest ended, and Trump can get on with winning the election.

Nothing to fear.

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:52 PM, Thaidream said:

Trump has a history of being shady .  It is onme reason why he hides his tax records because they will show who he has done business with and I would imagine that many Russians will show up.

Trump filed bankruptcy 4 times and was unable to get bank loans in the Us so he most likely turned to the Russians and other foreign interests.

Trumps way of dealing is always a quid pro quo- as president he would not change his ways.  I have no doubt he wanted 'dirt' on Biden because he fears him in the 2020 election.

However,  Impeachment and removal is  more a political process than a criminal one. While I believe  that Trump has used his Presiency in a way that smacks of criminality- I would not impeach him but would censure him and continue to push  investigations into all of his activity and set the stage for his conviction  after he leaves office.

Pushing for his impeachment makes the Democrats feel good  but in reality not enough of the general public wants him to be convicted, mostly because people are tired of the politics involved and do not understand the gravity of the  case.

The only way to get rid of Donald Trump is to be as wily and downright machivelian as he is. Let the election take place- put up a Democrat candidate that can go toe to toe with Trump and expose him for what he is- a liar and an incomptent President who is enriching himself in office. 

Go after his minions Guliani; Pompeo; and the rest and build a real case  and  put the fear of going to prison into Trump's head.  Eventually, he will crack.

I would imagine; most likely; I have no doubt;  While I believe:

At least you acknowledge it's all opinion. Seems that facts are rather lacking in this entire impeachment saga.

mostly because people are tired of the politics involved and do not understand the gravity of the  case.

So, do you believe the American public are too stupid to understand what is going on?

Pretty simple IMO. The Dems know that they haven't got a candidate capable of unseating Trump in such a good economic situation, and are resorting, IMO, to removing him by underhand means. However, seems to have backfired on them, and more likely to assist Trump win election than remove him.

Let the election take place- put up a Democrat candidate that can go toe to toe with Trump

So far that candidate is sorely lacking. If they had anyone capable of winning I doubt the impeachment farce would even have started.

4 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

is nunes suing schiff for violation of civil rights in conjunction with his phone transcription release ???

No, because (1) it was part of the phone list they asked only about Giuliani and Parnas, which was quite legitimate for this investigation and (2) the Republicans complained the process was not transparent enough so they decided to have all testimonies and documents made public.

Next?

2 hours ago, Sujo said:

They didnt because they didnt attend. They dont, because if they did they would.

oh and they all said they wouldnt.

What does whether or not they attended have to do with anything? 

You make stuff up and pretend it’s fact. You have no way of knowing what Republican Senators do and don’t want, even the ones you meet with at cocktail parties. 

13 hours ago, RideJocky said:

What does whether or not they attended have to do with anything? 

You make stuff up and pretend it’s fact. You have no way of knowing what Republican Senators do and don’t want, even the ones you meet with at cocktail parties. 

I have never been to a cocktail party.

Perhaps you could provide a link with any repub senator asking for such witnesses.

22 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I would imagine; most likely; I have no doubt;  While I believe:

At least you acknowledge it's all opinion. Seems that facts are rather lacking in this entire impeachment saga.

mostly because people are tired of the politics involved and do not understand the gravity of the  case.

So, do you believe the American public are too stupid to understand what is going on?

Pretty simple IMO. The Dems know that they haven't got a candidate capable of unseating Trump in such a good economic situation, and are resorting, IMO, to removing him by underhand means. However, seems to have backfired on them, and more likely to assist Trump win election than remove him.

Let the election take place- put up a Democrat candidate that can go toe to toe with Trump

So far that candidate is sorely lacking. If they had anyone capable of winning I doubt the impeachment farce would even have started.

My big question is that after another Trump term (a certainty) who will be next up as the Rep candidate? Trump certainly is unique and I'm not sure I agree with the way he does things BUT he gets results when it comes to the economy. He isn't the most "polished" politician but no one expected him to be. It'll be interesting to see who will try to carry his torch in 5 years.

5 hours ago, Sujo said:

I have never been to a cocktail party.

Perhaps you could provide a link with any repub senator asking for such witnesses.

Sorry. So where is it you see the Republican Senators you are in contact with?

Again, you are making things up. I never said Republicans Senators were asking for such witnesses. 

2 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

My big question is that after another Trump term (a certainty) who will be next up as the Rep candidate? Trump certainly is unique and I'm not sure I agree with the way he does things BUT he gets results when it comes to the economy. He isn't the most "polished" politician but no one expected him to be. It'll be interesting to see who will try to carry his torch in 5 years.

I hope it's Pence. That would be some satisfaction against the Dems for the past 2 1/2 years of attacks on Trump for almost every conceivable thing. They should be scared, very scared.

2020 to 2024.

19 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I hope it's Pence. That would be some satisfaction against the Dems for the past 2 1/2 years of attacks on Trump for almost every conceivable thing. They should be scared, very scared.

2020 to 2024.

Maybe in 2020 but further into the future there is no way the GOP can stay relevant unless they attracts lost of non-white voters due to the rapidly changing demographics of the US. And that will never happen as long as they continue pandering to the nutty Trump base.

5 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

Trump got minor improvements in the economy by massively increasing deficit spending.  However his propaganda machine (Faux News) presents these improvements as major.

6 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Trump got minor improvements in the economy by massively increasing deficit spending.  However his propaganda machine (Faux News) presents these improvements as major.

266 k new jobs, 54 k manufacturing jobs, 3 % growth, 3.1 % wage growth.

due to no-do-nothing democrats the umca trade agreement is still sittin on pelosi's desk, which would have the

impact of 200k to 500k new jobs.

instead time is wasted on the ukrain hoax.

wbr

roobaa01

34 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

due to no-do-nothing democrats the umca trade agreement is still sittin on pelosi's desk, which would have the

wbr

roobaa01

Comparative data over time are always better to assess a situation.gdp3q19_2nd_0.PNG.34b0890b77c369bd063eb35d21e2e535.PNG

usgs_chartDp01f.png

united-states-unemployment-rate@2x-1.png

7 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

wbr

roobaa01

My thanks to Candide for correcting the GDP error/lie.

The job growth is not unusual following the end of a major strike in the auto industry.  The USMCA is a minor update to NAFTA, and is being held up due to legitimate concerns regarding enforcement, the environment and pharmaceuticals.  That is not unusual for tweaks to an existing trade deal as significant as NAFTA.  Your speculation on the job growth impact is just that, pure speculation.

I'm glad you agree that Trump's is wasting time on the conspiracy theory regarding the Ukraine server hoax. 

17 hours ago, heybruce said:

Minor improvements? Lowest unemployment rate in 50 years but the lowest in history for minorities. I wouldn't call that MINOR nor would all those folks who have jobs these days.

23 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

Why is it the GDP growth chart starts in 2015 and doesn't go back to 2009 so we can see what a really bad job Obama did?

And speaking of deficits, does not the house hold the purse-strings? 

Nice how all the sudden the left is concerned about the deficit...

11 hours ago, heybruce said:

My thanks to Candide for correcting the GDP error/lie.

The job growth is not unusual following the end of a major strike in the auto industry.  The USMCA is a minor update to NAFTA, and is being held up due to legitimate concerns regarding enforcement, the environment and pharmaceuticals.  That is not unusual for tweaks to an existing trade deal as significant as NAFTA.  Your speculation on the job growth impact is just that, pure speculation.

I'm glad you agree that Trump's is wasting time on the conspiracy theory regarding the Ukraine server hoax. 

Wait until participation goes up when able bodied people get kicked off of food stamps. They should all spend time in a place like Cambodia for a year. 

But yes the jobs numbers crushed it and should serve as a tailwind into the new year. Let's see what the fed says Wednesday. I am guessing they will print money but not raise or lower rates. 

I would guess the dollar will go down.

7 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

Why is it the GDP growth chart starts in 2015 and doesn't go back to 2009 so we can see what a really bad job Obama did?

Ask the US bureau of Economic affairs.

Do you prefer this one? So what bad job? Impact of the 2008 crisis rather quickly nullified, regular growth over a long period of time, regular decrease of unemployment over a long period of time, decrease of budget deficit after it was not required to fight the impact of the crisis any more?

_108995805_usgdp-nc_2.png

17 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

Minor improvements? Lowest unemployment rate in 50 years but the lowest in history for minorities. I wouldn't call that MINOR nor would all those folks who have jobs these days.

As was already explained, Trump inherited a strong economy and revved it with increased deficit spending.

For those who aren't well versed in economics; deficits are supposed to go down when the economy is good.

16 hours ago, RideJocky said:

And speaking of deficits, does not the house hold the purse-strings? 

Nice how all the sudden the left is concerned about the deficit...

Are you saying deficits during the Obama years, when the Republicans controlled the House six of the eight years, are the fault of the Republicans?

14 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Wait until participation goes up when able bodied people get kicked off of food stamps. They should all spend time in a place like Cambodia for a year. 

But yes the jobs numbers crushed it and should serve as a tailwind into the new year. Let's see what the fed says Wednesday. I am guessing they will print money but not raise or lower rates. 

I would guess the dollar will go down.

Good luck finding those able bodied food stamp recipients.

Don't get too excited about the jobs number, it was about average.  https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/non-farm-payrolls

Archived