compressor tool

robblok

Hi,

I had an bulky old compressor i gave it away as it started to fail a bit and was not used much. Its bulky size made me not want to use it and it was not something that one would use a lot. Now i see a lot of those smaller compressors but they don't take 220 volts usually go on car battery. But I am looking at something in that size range but plugged in the mains. 

Usuage will be cleaning of computer and keyboard and inflating tires. I know you can buy cans of compressed air for keyboards but a compressor like that would be more suitable but only if i can find one that takes 220.

Does anyone have any suggestions, i looked at lazada already or am i looking for something that does not exist. 

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I had an bulky old compressor i gave it away as it started to fail a bit and was not used much. Its bulky size made me not want to use it and it was not something that one would use a lot. Now i see a lot of those smaller compressors but they don't take 220 volts usually go on car battery. But I am looking at something in that size range but plugged in the mains. 

Usuage will be cleaning of computer and keyboard and inflating tires. I know you can buy cans of compressed air for keyboards but a compressor like that would be more suitable but only if i can find one that takes 220.

Lazada has both the 12V 

56BCEE5E-65FC-4327-87BA-A9E8D557F50C.jpeg.7aec7ace2c61ac17acfb65875d18da16.jpeg

and 220V ultra quiet  compressors 

A082B10D-D4D0-40FA-A2FE-E7FA04A7339C.thumb.jpeg.edffc9084fda48ca88e85b2aa81586d5.jpeg

you can find very small table top 220/240V ones in places like woodstreet and HardwareHouse 

AFIK there are no mains powered compressors as small as the 12V ones.

the ultra quiet compressors are incredibly quiet, even quiet enough to use in an apartment. You can here the difference at about 9 minutes 

6A839C38-E928-4BB5-BAA2-E5720E4791B7.jpeg

I bought one of those small 1500baht ones from Lazada for the workshop and its been brilliant for small jobs around the home etc. For the price cant go wrong mate.

Bought some extra bits like nail gun/spray gun and so on. I deal for small and occasional use.

27 minutes ago, robblok said:

These look a lot like what i wanted to have.. thanks.. my first search of lazada did not yield those options. 

You have to search for:

portable air compressor 220v
air compressor 220v

mini air compressor 220v

52 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I bought one of those small 1500baht ones from Lazada for the workshop and its been brilliant for small jobs around the home etc. For the price cant go wrong mate.

Bought some extra bits like nail gun/spray gun and so on. I deal for small and occasional use.

The big one I had was just not practical. Too heavy to lug around and took too much space. Especially because its small and occasional use. 

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

They may be able to run a nail gun but as far as spraying they could only run an air brush or the smallest of spray guns, they have no chance of running something like these 739A9415-EA34-4DB7-94B4-3A2BC2107874.thumb.jpeg.0590ac657a45dcb68ac052f1d110814e.jpeg

possibly this would be OK

7FFC3293-2AD0-4A05-B754-465A2450408A.thumb.jpeg.0fb7567d1dc88b111f67014cf2e3e4c7.jpeg

and this is very likely to be no problem 

22130C55-1D74-490B-96E3-B2D20A421000.jpeg.d0bd81646f8451a5fec89b47fdc0c82d.jpeg

I just want enough power to blow dust hair food from the crevices of my keyboard. Got a dog so hair is sometimes plentiful. I also want to use it to inflate tires. The rest.. i would not use it as a real spray gun. 

Its just important that it is small and can do those two things. 

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

They may be able to run a nail gun but as far as spraying they could only run an air brush or the smallest of spray guns, they have no chance of running something like these 739A9415-EA34-4DB7-94B4-3A2BC2107874.thumb.jpeg.0590ac657a45dcb68ac052f1d110814e.jpeg

possibly this would be OK

7FFC3293-2AD0-4A05-B754-465A2450408A.thumb.jpeg.0fb7567d1dc88b111f67014cf2e3e4c7.jpeg

and this is very likely to be no problem 

22130C55-1D74-490B-96E3-B2D20A421000.jpeg.d0bd81646f8451a5fec89b47fdc0c82d.jpeg

Did you read the OP´s use of it? When did I tell you can use a spray gun that is made for beeing driven together with a compressor around 8-10 bar to get the perfect result?

However, I said that there is a wide variety of rools that can be used. You know, there is more than just spray guns and nail guns to be driven by air, right?

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Did you read the OP´s use of it? When did I tell you can use a spray gun that is made for beeing driven together with a compressor around 8-10 bar to get the perfect result?

However, I said that there is a wide variety of rools that can be used. You know, there is more than just spray guns and nail guns to be driven by air, right?

I certainly do and quite a lot of them need far more air than the ones above, though you may not know so much about spray guns, compressors and the pressures they need as the CAT gun above is happy at a little under 2 bar and the majority of compressors are set to about 6 bar 

It was you that brought up the subject of spray guns.

However getting back to the OPs needs @robblok you will need some kind of pressure reducer as while your tyres need a pressure of up to 3 Bar at that pressure you will be blowing the key caps off your keyboard. You may find that an air gun like the one under will be suitable as you can reduce the pressure at the outlet, you just turn the nozzle, although it’s about double the price of most others it’s a very nice tool and easy to find here

BAACBC31-9AD0-4E10-B0F5-939AFCB2B449.thumb.jpeg.25bf0d8e7e4694a3309867fcb9ca423d.jpeg

9 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I certainly do and quite a lot of them need far more air than the ones above, though you may not know so much about spray guns, compressors and the pressures they need as the CAT gun above is happy at a little under 2 bar and the majority of compressors are set to about 6 bar 

It was you that brought up the subject of spray guns.

Go back and read. You started the talk about spray guns, not me. My first post about them was regarding the OP, not anything you had to care about. Yes, I know about spray guns. As working in construction for many years, I do know it on the professional level. We always use 10 bar compressors for the best result. We can nalso control the preassure directly from the compressor. But ok, not so easy to know for a some times wood worker. No problem, I understand.

35 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Go back and read. You started the talk about spray guns, not me. My first post about them was regarding the OP, not anything you had to care about. Yes, I know about spray guns. As working in construction for many years, I do know it on the professional level. We always use 10 bar compressors for the best result. We can nalso control the preassure directly from the compressor. But ok, not so easy to know for a some times wood worker. No problem, I understand.

My first post on the subject of spray guns followed your post mentioning them.

Certainly pressure can be reduced at the pump (and at other places on the line) but for the original purpose reduction at the point of use is more practical and makes mistakes less likely.

Spray gun and compressor technology has progressed allowing more finish to stay on the items being sprayed. But ok, not so easy to know for someone doesn’t want to learn newer information. No problem, I understand.

1 hour ago, RideJocky said:

I would be very careful using “undried” compressed air to blow out electronics. 

Why do you say that?

Dry air is far more capable of picking up carrying or generating a static charge. Sure you don’t want to be blowing water over them but a little humidity should not be a problem.

Archived