Pattaya: Four hundred tourists evacuated as fire breaks out at Holiday Inn Express

webfact

5 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7763285/London-fire-chief-Dany-Cotton-quit-month.html

Will this affect the image of london?

Dozens burnt to death   in London, incompetent female chief of fire Brigade sacked with 2 million pay off. But in Thailand thanks to the brave citizens and staff in Pattaya  nobody was killed so lets hope that to fair minded people the unfortunate Hotel fire here in Pattaya WILL HAVE a positive effect on the image of Pattaya and Thailand and the Thai people. But from your history of comnents about Pattaya you seem to have an axe to grind which prevents you saying anything positive about Pattaya or its residents, workers or locals.  Why do you bother? Where is your favourite place in the world? A place and people you approve of?

Pattaya!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

Only 1 hour ? man thats a rapid response and kudos for those brave firefighters ey !

You need to look at where the fire station is in relation.... you could walk there in 10 minutes with one leg. Perhaps they were blocked by one of the many road works there are and had to backtrack. Unlikely to be busy  at that time. 

17 hours ago, Russell17au said:

Go out your front door and have a look transam. Fact: All the wires that are bundled together are internet and phone wires and the electrical wires are located well above those wires and the reason that there are so many wires there for the internet is because instead of pulling down the ones that are no longer in use they leave them there and just add more wires to them

I know how it works here thanks...

Outside my place I can see 8 cables, 3 are Internet/phone, and 5 are electric, they are all at the same height. I know that because I was one of the first to live here and saw the additions. More electric amps wanted, add another cable. At the end of the road are very high poles carrying the high voltage to feed low voltage supply transformers, you can tell they are high voltage because the cables are hung on insulators.....

15 minutes ago, transam said:

I know how it works here thanks...

Outside my place I can see 8 cables, 3 are Internet/phone, and 5 are electric, they are all at the same height. I know that because I was one of the first to live here and saw the additions. More electric amps wanted, add another cable. At the end of the road are very high poles carrying the high voltage to feed low voltage supply transformers, you can tell they are high voltage because the cables are hung on insulators.....

I'm an eyewitness when one of the transformers near your place blew. Looking at the educational system no wonder why it is as it is.

These Changs are "overeducated!!!"

59 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Looking at the educational system no wonder why it is as it is.

By design! its not an education system its an "indoctrination" system! the vast majority of folks are not educated, they are indoctrinated - ok :wink:

PS. its working very well, the social divide continues to grow year in, year out!

On 12/6/2019 at 10:51 AM, BestB said:

News is incorrect. One of the staff made a post on Facebook stating it took fire brigade 1 hour to arrive from the time they called, because they were all drinking and drunk. Staff claims initially it was small fire and if fireman arrived when called , it would have been contained , but because of delay, almost entire place burned down 

Who’s surprised, but these things are not important, it’s only someone’s life

17 hours ago, BestB said:

No, it does not work that way

im sure it does, I was booked into a hotel in Bangkok last  year and for some reason the hotel decided they wanted to close for the month I was staying, i got a message from Booking.com to say the hotel had sent me a message, and I had to read and respond

15 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7763285/London-fire-chief-Dany-Cotton-quit-month.html

Will this affect the image of london?

Dozens burnt to death   in London, incompetent female chief of fire Brigade sacked with 2 million pay off.

Hold on a wee minute there. Going momentarily off topic, the City of London and the government have thrown their fire chief under a bus. Her gender is irrelevant BTW.

"Barking, Crewe, Clapton, Worcester Park and now Bolton: 2019 has seen at least five major fires in blocks of flats. ...More than two years since the horrific Grenfell Tower fire, which resulted in the deaths of 72 people, why are fires like this so common? Simply put, the government’s action on fire safety has been too slow."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/nov/19/grenfell-fires-cladding-safety-building-owners

Somewhat unsurprisingly, none of the UK political parties have stated any change to the policy of knowingly allowing private developers and local governments house taxpayers in fire traps.

Back on topic, do you consider the value of any life in Thailand is measured by a different metric?

44 minutes ago, Surasak said:

News is incorrect. One of the staff made a post on Facebook stating it took fire brigade 1 hour to arrive from the time they called, because they were all drinking and drunk. Staff claims initially it was small fire and if fireman arrived when called , it would have been contained , but because of delay, almost entire place burned down 

Who’s surprised, but these things are not important, it’s only someone’s life

Who's surprised that people accept a personal opinion on social media as factual, truthful, accurate and bereft of personal opinion?

Fwiw, I contacted them about my booking and got this back..

Thank you for taking time to contact us regarding incident.

On December 6, early morning a fire broke out in street in front of the hotel, which has caused minimal damage to the property. The fire was quickly dealt with and extinguished with no injuries reported.

The safety of our guests and employees is something that we take seriously, and the hotel team has already conducted a property survey. The hotel has not sustained major damage and remains fully operational.

Best regards,

2 hours ago, brianj1964 said:

im sure it does, I was booked into a hotel in Bangkok last  year and for some reason the hotel decided they wanted to close for the month I was staying, i got a message from Booking.com to say the hotel had sent me a message, and I had to read and respond

Hotel sent you a message not booking contacted you. Doh

2 hours ago, brianj1964 said:

isnt Holiday Inn a franchise so might not offer to relocate any guests to the place on Beach Road

Why would they, when statement was released and posted on their Facebook  page In the morning advising business as usual 

16 hours ago, BestB said:

which is?

External sprinkler network - most sprinklers at top levels - gravity does most of the rest. The Russians fitted these systems to some ships for cleaning the hull in case of nuclear fallout.

Were the staff 'drinking or drunk' or was it the fire brigade?

F ? Well, TIT I suppose and we do have to catch up. ... Looks pretty much like Inflammable Cladding, like what took the Grenfel tower in the UK down ! .... AND killed a Lot of people also .... Though a LOT MORE cladding there I think ? ... and the fire brigade telling them all to stay in their room I and not just GET OUT ! ... (I think ?) did not help there either.

Luckily not such a Big Building here and the Cladding looked to be in relatively Narrow Strips I think ? 

On 12/6/2019 at 10:48 AM, sharecropper said:

That looks like the cladding was on fire, like Grenfell Tower in the UK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grenfell_Tower_fire

Right on there Brother !!! Looks like that to me also !!! and THAT IS the 100% lesson !!! ... !!! (Most Western Places, ...Starting to replace the Flammable Cladding on the outside of a lot of their high rise Buildings ! ... Though I do not know how fast the whole process is Moving Generally. ? .... the Problem being of who is going to pay for it !!! .... 

37 minutes ago, Lancelot01 said:

Were the staff 'drinking or drunk' or was it the fire brigade?

fire brigade, this is why it took so long to arrive. though fire brigade claims street too narrow is the reason for delay. which is clearly bs ????

image.png.bf38cfff9de3e728a196f15c6ecf77cd.png

Is this an actual picture??

"Security guard Suphatchai Phanwilai, 29, said he noticed smoke around a balcony on the front of the building and immediately called the authorities."
     Yet I see no balconies at all

@ChipButtySeems like they did a pretty good job at putting the fire out from what I can see none of the windows have blown out glass still intact
     Yet I see quite a few broken windows on the lowest floors

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/6/2019 at 11:16 AM, BestB said:

Have not you heard their excuse? Narrow street????????????, mind you fire station is about 500 meters away if you cut through hospital driveway 

i thought it was on the 3rd road.

16 minutes ago, mattyh said:

i thought it was on the 3rd road.

What you refer to?

Fire-station is between 3rd rd and Soi Buakhao next to Pattaya city hospital.

They can drive towards both from there and indeed just "around the corner" from that fire.

Archived