Pattaya: Four hundred tourists evacuated as fire breaks out at Holiday Inn Express

webfact

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

Shot in the dark, but do you think the hotel will be closed for a while? I'm booked in on the 17th for 2 nights and already paid.

After one event years ago I learned to book flexible rate and not that much more expensive.  It's not something I would want to claim on my insurance for such an insignificant amount but puts a dent in the pocket if the booking does require cancellation.  

44 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

That is why fire suppression sprinklers systems are installed in all newer buildings and they all have emergency exit staircases in several areas, depending on size of building. 

Cities are going bankrupt in the USA trying to afford hundreds of firefighters and equipment that is rarely used, and then you have to pay them or their spouses pensions for eternity.  

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. 

Only the left side of this hotel had fire damage, easy for tenants to exit stage right.

Your disgusting, pathetic , useless and cowardly comment on firefighters AND THEIR SPOUSES has been noted. You are certainly the type who would run from a burning building while the true hero’s who don’t get paid enough have to run in!! Absolutely thoughtless comment. 

53 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

That is why fire suppression sprinklers systems are installed in all newer buildings and they all have emergency exit staircases in several areas, depending on size of building. 

Cities are going bankrupt in the USA trying to afford hundreds of firefighters and equipment that is rarely used, and then you have to pay them or their spouses pensions for eternity.  

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. 

Only the left side of this hotel had fire damage, easy for tenants to exit stage right.

How do you install sprinklers outside the hotel?

4 hours ago, BestB said:

Just to clarify, Holiday Inn, is 90% Chinese tourists, is that correct? so 3 questions

1. If it was 90% Chinese, any particular reason why in all photo's its showing Indians only?

2. How exactly did you arrive at conclusion of 90%? did you do actual count?

3. How exactly did you determine the invisible Chinese were independent traveler and not part of the tour group?

I dont know what video your watching, maybe the 24 hour Indian restaurant next door confused you or maybe some Indian spectators ? or the 17 Indians also running out the hotel all at once.  I was there front and center and maybe 200 to 300 got out before news crews even got there and over the last few days non stop tour buses of Chinese were unloading and how many Indian tour buses ? thats rhetorical..where were you? Thats also rhetorical  ????

2 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

He's Booked with Booking.com.....They Will / Should contact Him..

All the guests went straight back in after 5 second inspection by the BIB ???? and hotel is functioning just without the 10 rooms with blown windows 

2 minutes ago, madmen said:

I dont know what video your watching, maybe the 24 hour Indian restaurant next door confused you or maybe some Indian spectators ? or the 17 Indians also running out the hotel all at once.  I was there front and center and maybe 200 to 300 got out before news crews even got there and over the last few days non stop tour buses of Chinese were unloading and how many Indian tour buses ? thats rhetorical..where were you? Thats also rhetorical  ????

Where was i? I was watching you in your 500 baht room across the road.Would you like another video not the one published on Thaivisa?

Now, you saying non stop chinese tour buses, yet before you claimed independent tourists,which one ?

You also counted how many ran out?

10 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Will this affect the image of Pattaya?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7763285/London-fire-chief-Dany-Cotton-quit-month.html

Will this affect the image of london?

Dozens burnt to death   in London, incompetent female chief of fire Brigade sacked with 2 million pay off. But in Thailand thanks to the brave citizens and staff in Pattaya  nobody was killed so lets hope that to fair minded people the unfortunate Hotel fire here in Pattaya WILL HAVE a positive effect on the image of Pattaya and Thailand and the Thai people. But from your history of comnents about Pattaya you seem to have an axe to grind which prevents you saying anything positive about Pattaya or its residents, workers or locals.  Why do you bother? Where is your favourite place in the world? A place and people you approve of?

9 minutes ago, keysersoze276 said:

Wait for it...wait for it...drumroll please...TAT would like to assure all foreign tourist that after this event, Thailand is a safe place once again! *Roll presentation *

No one died, no one injured, guests returned back to their rooms, hotel back to normal operations. What is your big drama about?

7 minutes ago, BestB said:

No one died, no one injured, guests returned back to their rooms, hotel back to normal operations. What is your big drama about?

Agree. Could be worse. 

Let's face it, in some countries the lawyers and do-gooders would be up in arms trying to figure out, and demanding to know who 'must' be held responsible and how much they could be sued for.

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

It is definitely similar. The fire looks like it may have been on top of the awning over the entrance on the first floor but daylight pictures indicate fire damage to upper floor is limited to narrow vertical columns where cladding was located. That stuff acts like a wind tunnel.

HIx.jpg.9d9d3b7edbba809d5b3407043fb1b701.jpg

I'd say the hotel came out of the fire incident better.

Image result for grenfell tower damage

1 minute ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

Cheers NKM. BestB is giving it large, he may have had a shandy or 2, the devil.

Best B owns a hotel and knows how it works, but using logic and common sense is not always the strongest suit of the posters on Thai visa.

Unless of course you still believe Booking.com has an army of staff watching tv news all around the world for any fires or any other problems to then contact each guest and make arrangements for them

2 hours ago, BestB said:

Best B owns a hotel and knows how it works, but using logic and common sense is not always the strongest suit of the posters on Thai visa.

Unless of course you still believe Booking.com has an army of staff watching tv news all around the world for any fires or any other problems to then contact each guest and make arrangements for them

Not at all, it has algorithms and local representatives. Welcome to 2019.

Just now, bristolgeoff said:

I would say a cig butt maybe,but I imagine the person who booked the room could have being busy too.so maybe the workmenship let the building still stay up.

Security guard said cables caught on fire, the only question is how. and there can only be 2 options, either a spark or some idiot threw a cig out the window. Electric cables are higher up, so chances of a spark are little, transformer blew up is another option, but then everyone would of heard loud noise,cables just catching fire is possible if it was day time and super hot, happens often, but its cold and middle of the night, which leaves just one, a cig;)

Archived