Bangkok falls in popularity amongst expats: survey

webfact

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, car720 said:

Then allow me to educate you.  I was nominated as a member of Internations by a friend of mine many years ago and because I have always lived in remote places where they do not have an 'ambassador' then I have never met one.  Of the originals all that are left now are guys that have to stay because they are married and some young guys that make up the tale of the dog.  If you don't know the meaning of that then you will have to ask someone else.

Right.  Now let me educate you!

Here is your posting ... let's break down why it is nonsense:

Two things.  Firstly I wouldn't listen to anything Internations had to say.

I have been a member for years and have never met one of them.  All they are after is a payday of one form or another.

Secondly, the old school have left the place anyway and what is left is married men who can't get out and young guys who think they are experienced.

"I have been a member for years and have never met one of them."  Yet, are an EXPERT on what they are all about?  Wait for it!  Here comes the best part.  "All they are after is a payday of one form or another."  And you know that how exactly??? ... YOU HAVE NEVER MET ONE OF THEM!

Now to the notion that you know all of "the old school"  My dear friend, what you are saying is that in your little world blah, blah, blah , boo hoo hoo.  You see, there is a big world outside of just you and the guys at your favorite bar ...  I have a feeling you spend most of your time judging others and complaining ... walking around with a glare and a grimace ... completely mystified why Thailand is called The Land of Smiles.  Because, to GET a smile, you have to be willing to GIVE a smile!

16 hours ago, bangkokequity said:

All they are after is a payday of one form or another."  And you know that how exactly??? ... YOU HAVE NEVER MET ONE OF THEM!

because every email that they send to me is a subtle request to upgrade my status to 'ambassador' for a cost of course, as well as advertizing their new 'commercial partner' who I can access for a cost of course.

As for my little world allow me to ask just one simple question.  When did you first arrive in Thailand?

4 minutes ago, car720 said:

because every email that they send to me is a subtle request to upgrade my status to 'ambassador' for a cost of course, as well as advertizing their new 'commercial partner' who I can access for a cost of course.

As for my little world allow me to ask just one simple question.  When did you first arrive in Thailand?

So you are judging Internations Members, an organisation whose specialty is organizing events for Expats in all corner of the globe ... as in ... MEETING FACE TO FACE ... and you are on social media crying because they send you marketing?  Here is an idea!  QUIT Internations and unsubscribe!  You see, where I come from, we have a saying, "If you don't like what you are doing, DO SOMETHING ELSE!"  I am sorry you can not grasp the ridiculous notion of "I do not participate in Internations ... therefore .. they suck."  ????????????????????? You really can't see how silly that is?  Here, try this, "I have never eaten at that restaurant, but I ASKED to be part of their mailing list ... get menus ... therefore, the food is terrible."  See the problem?

On 12/8/2019 at 2:17 PM, bangkokequity said:

So you are judging Internations Members, an organisation whose specialty is organizing events for Expats in all corner of the globe ... as in ... MEETING FACE TO FACE ... and you are on social media crying because they send you marketing?  Here is an idea!  QUIT Internations and unsubscribe!  You see, where I come from, we have a saying, "If you don't like what you are doing, DO SOMETHING ELSE!"  I am sorry you can not grasp the ridiculous notion of "I do not participate in Internations ... therefore .. they suck."  ????????????????????? You really can't see how silly that is?  Here, try this, "I have never eaten at that restaurant, but I ASKED to be part of their mailing list ... get menus ... therefore, the food is terrible."  See the problem?

and naturally I have not sent 'unsubscribe' messages to them many times.

1 hour ago, car720 said:

and naturally I have not sent 'unsubscribe' messages to them many times.

Guess what .. it is 2019, and sending "unsubscribe messages does not work on ANY site!  YOU ASKED to be in Internations!  It is up to you to put on your big boy pants and use the correct tools!

There are two ways to stop Internations mail.  (1) QUIT internations.. (which you should do because you think they suck) (2) Follow the correct procedure in the unsubscribe menu by clicking the link on the bottom of  MESSAGE ... and CHANGE your notification setting.  But, you don't do either ... you sit here on Thai Visa, following the "Thai Visa Way" ... which is to be negative, and complain about things only you can solve, but choose not to, because ... crying about them on social media is your idea of "fun."

uNSUBSCRIBE.JPG

On 12/6/2019 at 1:13 PM, spidermike007 said:

A hapless government controlled by a completely incompetent army that despises foreigners and is racist and extremely xenophobic can dramatically affect how welcome we feel as both Western tourists and ex-pats. 

Hopefully one day in the future the horrific and super corrupt generals will be held to account for their many crimes against this nation and their dreadful mismanagement of the economy and the tourism sector, which they are literally destroying. 

All that I still in top 20 of the world.

You look at 21-86? 

16 hours ago, bangkokequity said:

Guess what .. it is 2019, and sending "unsubscribe messages does not work on ANY site!  YOU ASKED to be in Internations!  It is up to you to put on your big boy pants and use the correct tools!

There are two ways to stop Internations mail.  (1) QUIT internations.. (which you should do because you think they suck) (2) Follow the correct procedure in the unsubscribe menu by clicking the link on the bottom of  MESSAGE ... and CHANGE your notification setting.  But, you don't do either ... you sit here on Thai Visa, following the "Thai Visa Way" ... which is to be negative, and complain about things only you can solve, but choose not to, because ... crying about them on social media is your idea of "fun."

uNSUBSCRIBE.JPG

Man, I love your presumption.

Just what makes you think that this has not been done many times?

You sound like a banker.  Are you a banker?

No surprise.....the shopping malls in Spain and France are cheaper then the prices at Siam, Central or MBK...and so is the booze in many spanish holiday islands....and when the hookers tourist guides in Europe will start to crash their "gift" rates,  as it is already happening......Thailand will further sink in doomsday......

....Stop the hypocrisy....people travel for sun, cheap but high quality food, clean beaches, no corrupt police trying to scam and harass foreigners as it happens to often in Bangkok or Hua Hin, affordable prices in malls, for booze, dance clubs and for boumBoum !!.....

26 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

No surprise.....the shopping malls in Spain and France are cheaper then the prices at Siam, Central or MBK...and so is the booze in many spanish holiday islands....and when the hookers tourist guides in Europe will start to crash their "gift" rates,  as it is already happening......Thailand will further sink in doomsday......

....Stop the hypocrisy....people travel for sun, cheap but high quality food, clean beaches, no corrupt police trying to scam and harass foreigners as it happens to often in Bangkok or Hua Hin, affordable prices in malls, for booze, dance clubs and for boumBoum !!.....

All very good points. And as far as the police go, just say no. That is what I have been doing. First I try to flee from them. If they pull me over, I just go around them. They rarely pursue me, and on the one occasion they did, it was no big deal. I did not see you. LOL. When they do manage to stop you and ask for a fine, just say no. Take me to the station. Do what you have to do, but I was not breaking the law. Worst comes to worst, I negotiate the fine down. Works nearly every time. Push back. They like an easy mark. So, when you push back it surprises and confuses them. They tend to defer to foreigners, especially if you have a valid Thai license. Do not give in easily, to the local franchisee. Do not support them. 

On 12/8/2019 at 6:08 PM, Vacuum said:

I'll bet not many "nice things" are said about Muslims either....

Well, I think it can be agreed upon that Muslims all over the world have a real PR problem. Not enough Imans, clerics, and heads of state, speaking out and condemning the extremists amongst them. Not to mention the highest birth rates in the world, in Muslim countries, some of the extreme versions of their faith, such as the Saudi Wahhabism, and the silly clothing some of the women seem to be forced to wear. It does not leave a good impression. 

Personally, I have alot of Muslim friends, and have known many over the course of my lifetime who are wonderful people. But, for those who do not, the impression is not good. 

4 hours ago, car720 said:

Man, I love your presumption.

Just what makes you think that this has not been done many times?

You sound like a banker.  Are you a banker?

Dude ... Just. Quit. Internations. "Case Closed"

2 hours ago, car720 said:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

QQ Photo20160426205041.gif

Said the guy so helpless, he does not know how to unsubscribe or quit a service he ASKED to be part of. You can't make that level of just plain stupid up.

5 minutes ago, bangkokequity said:

Said the guy so helpless, he does not know how to unsubscribe or quit a service he ASKED to be part of. You can't make that level of just plain stupid up.

Dude.............., do people still say that, take a close look you will see it wasn't me that said it.  I don't know why you have got a hard on for me.  I'm just not that pretty.

Oh and FYI I didn't ask to be a part of it.  Someone else put me in it.

4 minutes ago, car720 said:

Dude.............., do people still say that, take a close look you will see it wasn't me that said it.  I don't know why you have got a hard on for me.  I'm just not that pretty.

Oh and FYI I didn't ask to be a part of it.  Someone else put me in it.

Oh my!  I am SO sorry!  Oh my! YOU are the VICTIM, someone else put you in it!  You know what, this is so pathetic, I am actually going to help you.  If you use G Mail, I will teach you how to stop this and other unwanted mail.  Think of it as my Holiday giving to those a bit "challenged".  If you use G Mail and want to know an awesome trick ... let me know.

1 minute ago, bangkokequity said:

Oh my!  I am SO sorry!  Oh my! YOU are the VICTIM, someone else put you in it!  You know what, this is so pathetic, I am actually going to help you.  If you use G Mail, I will teach you how to stop this and other unwanted mail.  Think of it as my Holiday giving to those a bit "challenged".  If you use G Mail and want to know an awesome trick ... let me know.

Too late my man.  You lost.  You have resorted to sarcasm and everyone knows that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Just now, car720 said:

Too late my man.  You lost.  You have resorted to sarcasm and everyone knows that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

So that is a "no" ... you don't want to learn something new and solve your problem.  This truly IS the beating heart of Thai Visa!  Absolutely PERFECT!  som nam na ... "my man" ... see ya, wouldn't wanna be ya!  555 

Archived