Video: Pick-up driving father killed in front of his family

webfact

Video: Pick-up driving father killed in front of his family

8pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

One person died and 12 people were injured after a pick-up collided head on with a non-scheduled route minivan in Chachoengsao yesterday afternoon. 

The van was on its way from Ban Laem in Chanthaburi to Bangkok with 12 onboard. Nine including the driver were injured though apparently not seriously. 

The driver of the pick-up Sommai, 48, died. In the vehicle were a 30 year old woman and two girls aged 12 and 2 who were all injured. 

77kaoded who reported on the story said that the pick-up driver had crossed the central dividing line when the collision occurred. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-06

Mini-van on wrong side of the road, but both driving too fast to avoid each other or stop before the collision. Another reason to drive slowly ... poor man dead, kids without a father, and all they'll get for their trouble is a wai and a few thousand baht!

20 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Mini-van on wrong side of the road.....

For once, it appears the minivan driver was not at fault.

40 minutes ago, webfact said:

77kaoded who reported on the story said that the pick-up driver had crossed the central dividing line when the collision occurred. 

45 minutes ago, webfact said:

26 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Mini-van on wrong side of the road, 

Conflicting views here.

27 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Mini-van on wrong side of the road

According to the article, it was the other way around.

the pick-up driver had crossed the central dividing line when the collision occurred

Perhaps he fell asleep?. 

19 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

According to the article, it was the other way around.

Although the video is blurry I support: mini-van on left lane. Pickup slowly drifting to opposite lane. Another case of "short nap"?

44 minutes ago, losername said:

Conflicting views here.

But it is only AlexRich who said that.

On the video that I just watched the van was in the correct lane and the pickup went from the correct lane on his side and was on the wrong side when he hit the minivan.

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Same same, day in, day out......only one dead, should have been many more, lucky escape for most, RIP to the driver.

I do hope that in your haste to post, you meant to say "...only one dead, could have been many more, ..."

Otherwise...

Thais  cant drive on the right side of the line to save their  lives  ( ironic)  ALL drivers  round by me cross the central  line on almost  all corners with ALL 4  tyres then get that last second panic  swerve when they see another vehicle  coming the other way, some even refuse to change their  line as if they are entitled to do this.

I would say in most cases in my observation on these small roads they all tend to drive in the middle of the road.

The driver f the minivan at least reacted and went left but the pick-up seemed stunned and failed to react at all at the oncoming vehicle.

"dear in the headlights syndrome" ?

Tragic end nevertheless.

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Same same, day in, day out......only one dead, should have been many more, lucky escape for most, RIP to the driver.

I sincerely hope you meant to have written "could have" and not "should have"?

Archived