Ready Made Garden Pond?

cheeryble

Hi 

I built a new house.

We're having a largish pond in front 4m x 4m this will need to be cast in situ.

But round the back of the house I have made a space for an open atrium about 4m x 2.4m

I has a couple of rooms with glass sliding doors overlooking at the ends, it will enhance them greatly.

I would like a small pond with splashy sounds and water plants and so on.

As for the pond it doesn't have to be so big.

For my last home I bought a pre-made concrete pond on the Superhwy they used to be by the side of the road between Wat Jed Yot and Mae Rim Rd but have long gone.

It was about 2m x 1.4m x 0.4m and rectangular. 

Damn heavy but they delivered for free with a handful of strong guys and sat it in a hole I'd prepared.

I left the top edge a little above ground level and put a row of bricks on top and visible to improve the looks. 

Where can I buy something like this?

I had it over ten years with no leaks and a nice little fountain.

It was very reasonably priced and would be a lot less hassle than building in situ and many people's ponds leak anyway.

Where oh where?

ps I would even consider a GRP pond like a cement mixing trough but it has to look OK.

Brainwave......Wonder if a couple of old baths end on end would do? Good size longer and narrower this would suit. Have to disguise the edges somehow.

Still like to know about a concrete pond supply though.

Thx 

2 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Kamthieng market,behind Tesco Lotus Highway, has some but not sure of the capacity.

I live south of town aways.

If anyone goes by Kamthieng perhaps they could have a peep and let us know?

Good to have a sense of purpose!!

I note that bath;s look kinda ugly.

https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=bathtubs for garden ponds&rs=typed&term_meta[]=bathtubs for garden ponds|typed

But the examples shown are kinda unfinished.

Lightweight, cheap, waterproof..........good!

They need trimming around the rim nicely, maybe painting inside, and maybe semi submerging in the earth.

Also thinking the only place likely for second hand tubs is if people renovate condos.

Scrapyards. Laan meu sawng? Suggestions?

1 hour ago, metempsychotic said:

i too have been looking for something similar in the 1500-2000 litre range, though preferably made of plastic. 

I have used a builders cement mixing tub before :

ผลการค้นหารูปภาพสำหรับ cement mixing tub

You can put two of them end to end and make the gap between into a bridge or just cover with plants. 

Cheap and does the job. The biggest size is over a meter long.

Just now, Denim said:

I have used a builders cement mixing tub before :

ผลการค้นหารูปภาพสำหรับ cement mixing tub

You can put two of them end to end and make the gap between into a bridge or just cover with plants. 

Cheap and does the job. The biggest size is over a meter long.

i have koi which i may need to move. want a backup should i need to relocate them.

those are simply too small.

Kamtieng has everything you need. There are various shops. If you want something constructed, try the big Koi and tropical fish shop called โชกุนฟาร์ม (Shogun Farm). Just behind Tesco, but not the one called Andaman. 

Shogun can excavate and design ponds and water features as large as your imagination. 

There are many other shops that have fountains, water pumps and assorted things for ponds, including pre-make ones in various kidney-like shapes. 

tried the old bathtub method years ago image.jpeg.ddfb940693fc08860ca43ab1d3306f5e.jpeg , but lifted it when times changed;

and a Deep bath, needed a safety fence!  

another idea I never got around to; was to get a hold of some wheelbarrow hulls! 

image.png.2cff02f95bc34cb2d59d46f52861d16e.png

The black plastic ones would be easy to meld into position...

7 hours ago, Trujillo said:

Kamtieng has everything you need. There are various shops. If you want something constructed, try the big Koi and tropical fish shop called โชกุนฟาร์ม (Shogun Farm). Just behind Tesco, but not the one called Andaman. 

Shogun can excavate and design ponds and water features as large as your imagination. 

There are many other shops that have fountains, water pumps and assorted things for ponds, including pre-make ones in various kidney-like shapes. 

I must take a look.

Though not fond of kidney shape, maybe I'll see a rectangular.....though I'm getting fonder of the idea of long and narrow.

5 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

Cheapest way....dig out the hole to the size and shape you need,then drop a butyl rubber pond liner in it.

Trim edges and hide with stones, rocks.,much more au naturel

I think one would have to step inside to bed heavy pots and so on.

Would they really not leak?

Another brainwave

(am I getting compulsive?)

how about four of these in a row with gaps in between......nice and narrow, strong enough, not expensive or heavy, perfect depth

More or less instant, just gotta dig the hole(s) and put a bit of sand in

Size 50*72*42

879702071_Screenshot2019-12-0813_26_11.jpg.9bc9ffffe8b49486560f091f8467d0aa.jpg

Archived