Moving to Hua Hin--some general questions

impartialobserver

After living in Bangkok for nearly 4 years, I've decided to relocate to Hua Hin for greenery and a more peaceful and healthy lifestyle. I have a few questions:

1. Does anyone deliver groceries and/or food in the area?

2. Where can I find a house maid and driver? What are reasonably prices for each (the driver would be using my car).

3. I'm on the youngish side--40. Are there many expats around my age in the area and, if so, where's a good place to meet them?

Thanks in advance for any help!

1. foodpanda

2. ask around in the bars outside of the main town, no idea on prices i pay cleaner 700baht per time but have can be lower if smaller property

3. not many but some.. singles hang out in bars (obviously) and on pool league (if you play), parents around schools, others at business network meetings

In HUA HIN, there are at least 3 semi-medical nursing homes,
little old men looking for the streets where we find "girls" in a state, (not like them) but not expensive,
and other little old people who give addresses.
and there you are!????

1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

Where can I find a house maid and driver? What are reasonably prices for each (the driver would be using my car).

finding staff is a NIGHTMARE......over 6  years Ive  finally got a  couple who are  good,  They are  both 51 but  kind  of  old  school,

I  pay 18600 a  month for BOTH  of them ie  total + includes  house, electric ,free  food motorbike. Found them thru word of  mouth.............be prepared 95% of  applicants are useless /lazy

For staff try advertising on some of the Hua Hin Facebook pages, there's a couple of HH forums and several Buy, Sell, Rent FB groups. A quick search on FB will find the relevant sites.

As suggested a few of the younger guys play pool, there's pool leagues most nights.

What area are you living in or not found a place yet ?

8 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Perhaps u should try the place out before moving. Many projects near cha- am that are basically uninhabited. And it's very very quiet in the area, 40 yer old in cha- am??? Good luck!

he  said  he  wants  a more  peaceful  lifestyle

16 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

Thanks for the replies, everyone--greatly appreciated.

I'll be moving to the Palm Hills golf course, which as I understand it is technically in Cha-am. Hopefully Foodpanda will still deliver there, though.

I have a buddy on Palm Hills golf course that I stay with. 

It's a long way from most places and activities; you are going to need that car and driver to get around.

If you like the peace and quiet of a remote location you have it at Palm Hills.

Hope you are a golfer...........

If you want to enjoy more nightlife activities after dark, you will certainly have some traveling to do to downtown Hua Hin.

Good luck.............

On 12/6/2019 at 2:25 PM, sirocco said:

In HUA HIN, there are at least 3 semi-medical nursing homes,
little old men looking for the streets where we find "girls" in a state, (not like them) but not expensive,
and other little old people who give addresses.
and there you are!????

<deleted> are you talking about, or is it some kind of riddle?

Come on, I'll help you.
There are a lot of "white heads" in HUA HIN.
That's why retirement homes are multiplying.

As for the enigma of the streets, if some inquire for a calm place, others are more interested in the stores which propose girls of quality, or on sale.

To search for greenery, it becomes more and more difficult.
Every piece of land is stormed
and condos grow like mushrooms.

19 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Perhaps u should try the place out before moving. Many projects near cha- am that are basically uninhabited. And it's very very quiet in the area, 40 yer old in cha- am??? Good luck!

I'm curious, why does a 40yr old. Need a maid and a driver, food delivery... Do you sleep all day?? 

20 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

Thanks for the replies, everyone--greatly appreciated.

I'll be moving to the Palm Hills golf course, which as I understand it is technically in Cha-am. Hopefully Foodpanda will still deliver there, though.

Tesco Lotus delivers food. Just download the app or go to their website. 

On 12/7/2019 at 4:48 PM, sirocco said:

There are a lot of "white heads" in HUA HIN.
That's why retirement homes are multiplying.

might start contracting once extensions start renewing refusing..

either that or there will be a booming trade in non-o 'white head' visa runs :cheesy:

Archived