BANGKOK
seajae

what can you do about a pig of person next door

the people next door moved his dad in with them and then when offered a new job in another area decided to move out and leave the old man in their house because he is a real pig & they didnt want him with them in their new house. Now he is by himself he buys all his food and eats it in his second story bedroom then just opens the window and tosses it out on the roof that adjoins our yard( it all blows into our yard) or just throws it in directly. We have asked him to stop but he says it isnt him, we have watched him do it too but when we call out to him to ask him to stop he simply ignores us, we have also spoken to his son but he  says he cant do anything because if he puts him out of the house he will get embarrassed and lose face because they dont want with them. We have no idea what else to do now, we collect all his rubbish that ends up in our yard and throw it back into his yard in the hope he stops but he simply doesnt care, in Australia the council would sort it out but here I doubt anyone else really gives a sh*t and the amount of rubbish is just getting worse, anyone have any ideas that may work

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Invite him for roast pig.. make him the main course.. oh its a human.. that wont work.

I think you can't do much only hope for better. 

We have no idea what else to do now

Easy, move somewhere else. Alternative is get someone to give him a "stern warning" and see if that helps.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

I don't think the police will do squat about it.  He is throwing trash out the window onto his own property (many Thais do it).  The fact that his trash is blowing onto someone else's property is of no concern to him or the police since that is a direct result of the wind and therefore he cannot be blamed for that.  No, I am not being sarcastic here, I would place a bet that the police wouldn't even bat an eye.

my proposal is cheap and no-risk. worth a try.

• Like 1