Minimum wage to be raised

webfact

3 hours ago, faraday said:

What an insult....!

Later, the gubbermint will be able to crow that they:

"Raised wages, to take people further away from poverty"

I feel genuinely sorry for the Thai people, who have to suffer this indignaty.

Allow me to be a tad less sympathetic. A population gets the government it deserves. No point crying about it later... Every Thai will naturally be delighted that Prayuth and those he serves are doing very nicely thank you.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, ParkerN said:

Allow me to be a tad less sympathetic. A population gets the government it deserves. No point crying about it later... Every Thai will naturally be delighted that Prayuth and those he serves are doing very nicely thank you.

They deserve what they get....?

Really....?

So, all the mistreatment, suppression & etc, of people in the world, is, in your opinion, 'there fault'?

5 hours ago, GalaxyMan said:

It's a joke and an insult. 5-6 baht increase per day! What a shameful act.

Have you ever worked or owned a business in Thailand?

At least half the workforce are not even worth half the minimum wage, if anything they costing you money with their stupidity and laziness.

Productive and useful employees get way above minimum wage and this increase would not apply to them.

However in times of high prices and drop in exports probably yet another dumb move that will push prices even higher and put more out of work.

58 minutes ago, faraday said:

They deserve what they get....?

Really....?

So, all the mistreatment, suppression & etc, of people in the world, is, in your opinion, 'there fault'?

What mistreatment and suppression?

As i said earlier, open up a business and employ unskilled minimum wage staff and see how well you will do, or i should say how much you will lose on daily basis.

Let me paint a small picture for you in a few words. 

Business employs someone new, spends first month on training them and taking loss for their mistakes, while paying them a wage and then after 1 month they quit. rinse and repeat

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Have you ever worked or owned a business in Thailand?

At least half the workforce are not even worth half the minimum wage, if anything they costing you money with their stupidity and laziness.

Productive and useful employees get way above minimum wage and this increase would not apply to them.

However in times of high prices and drop in exports probably yet another dumb move that will push prices even higher and put more out of work.

finally some common sense in a world  full of idiots who  know  nothing of  Thai employees and their work ethics (oxymoron)

1 hour ago, BestB said:

As i said earlier, open up a business and employ unskilled minimum wage staff and see how well you will do, or i should say how much you will lose on daily basis.

Business employs someone new, spends first month on training them and taking loss for their mistakes, while paying them a wage and then after 1 month they quit. rinse and repeat

and NEVER  EVER  tell you they'll be  leaving

Just now, holy cow cm said:

Bad move by the government and it is going to hurt more businesses and buyers again. Normally now factory give higher than that wage to keep employees, but when they hear this they will want more than what they get over the wage. 

Do think think 5-6 baht will make all that much difference to staff wanting payrise, but i do see price rise to cover the increase.and prices will rise will more than 5 baht

Maybe Thai people, because they have rubbish wages, work long hours, & are generally not valued, see no reason to be loyal or hard working.....?

Perhaps they see how unfair the system is here, how there is a very sharp divide between rich & poor, & that their lives will never improve financially?

And to further add to comment #31.....

People do not get the government they deserve -but  perhaps you think that 'our' blessed leader (all genuflect) :laugh:was democratically elected....?

8 hours ago, BestB said:

I feel for you and anyone trying to run a business there. Definitely not easy to find quality help.

1 hour ago, faraday said:

Maybe Thai people, because they have rubbish wages, work long hours, & are generally not valued, see no reason to be loyal or hard working.....?

Perhaps they see how unfair the system is here, how there is a very sharp divide between rich & poor, & that their lives will never improve financially?

And to further add to comment #31.....

People do not get the government they deserve -but  perhaps you think that 'our' blessed leader (all genuflect) :laugh:was democratically elected....?

So zero experience working in Thailand  or with Thai ?

1 hour ago, BestB said:

So zero experience working in Thailand  or with Thai ?

No, not at all.

You think my opinions & observations are invalid then?

I offered some explanations, just because I didn't 'tar them all with the same brush' it appears as if you think all Thai people, are essentially unreliable.

Would you be motivated, reliable & happy, if you were paid rubbish wages, while people higher up the scale have it better?

27 minutes ago, faraday said:

No, not at all.

You think my opinions & observations are invalid then?

I offered some explanations, just because I didn't 'tar them all with the same brush' it appears as if you think all Thai people, are essentially unreliable.

Would you be motivated, reliable & happy, if you were paid rubbish wages, while people higher up the scale have it better?

To answer your first paragraph , yes 

To answer your last paragraph.  When I started my working career I was paid minimum wage . I worked my ass off , over time and all else possible to move up in life and get more skills.

i use to work 12-14 hour days 

18 hours ago, webfact said:

The National Wage Committee announced on Friday (December 6) that it will raise the minimum wage by Bt6 for nine provinces and Bt5 for the rest of Thailand, Suthi Sukosol, Permanent Secretary of Labour, said.

WOW! Look forward to a spate of new Honda Clicks on the road!

24 minutes ago, law ling said:

Well I suppose the Thai authorities know what's best ...

In related news: Today my McDonalds b/fast (South Pattaya) (without coffee) increased to B95 from B88 - a near 10% increase. Still in shock - can't talk about the coffee price.

Hope you waited for your change from 100

Minimum  wages messes uo economy 

Pushes inflation  up.

People just start charging  more

Also i take it this applies to all that work in the goverment  to garbage men road workers

All levels of government  labour?

Archived