Minimum wage to be raised

webfact

19 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

6 baht is about 2%. Not so bad for a wage increase.

Yet since Prayut has been Head of Government, the military and civil service have received what seems to be annually almost 5%. Government salary raises should at best match civilian pay raises with regard to rate of inflation.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, webfact said:

This will give Phuket and Chonburi the highest minimum wages of Bt336 a day while those with the lowest minimum wages, Bt313/day, are Narathiwat and Pattani.

Holy <deleted> that should make a feast, Except down here around Songkhla and Hat Yai . The minimum wages day rate is barely THB 200 some THB 250 and a few THB 300.   

So the THB 200 /250/300 are going up to THB 300 Plus.   Never gonna happen ????

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Minimum wage to be raised

Raise the level to what you want, but get the courts to back it up!

I have contact with people in a construction site in Hua Hin owned y a very prominent and wealthy Bangkok developer... he pays 260baht per day... he's been taken to court on 3 separate occasions by builders on the site, he's been ordered to increase the payment to meet the minimum salary and pay back payments to the start of employment, which is over two years... so far he's ignored everything the court has said dating back 18 months already!

The courts are toothless.

5 baht on the lowest wage is a raise of 1.62 percent. The annual inflation rate is under 1 percent, so the question is, when the minimum wage was raised last time, to compare if it's over, or under, the inflation rate?

22 hours ago, tabarin said:

Increase? In CM many have to accept a decrease to even 7k baht, as some owners cant afford more.

You did not clarify the 7K baht. Some readers may not understand. I believe "tabarin" is stating 7k baht for 4 weeks work, down from 9,000 baht. Those are usually 9 hour days and a week is 6 days.

Correct me "tabarin" if I am wrong.

19 hours ago, ParkerN said:

Allow me to be a tad less sympathetic. A population gets the government it deserves. No point crying about it later... Every Thai will naturally be delighted that Prayuth and those he serves are doing very nicely thank you.

"A population gets the government it deserves."

Your statement is valid if said government was elected fair and square, free of vote buying, vote rigging, votes honestly tabulated ................

Allegedly, that may not be the case with the current government. Thus, it is not fair to say " A population ............... "

A young friend of mine, a university graduate with an accounting degree went to work for a major hospital chain. She worked over two years for 9165 Baht a month before she got the big pay raise to 1100 baht a month. There have been times when she thought about going back and being a caddie at a golf course and I do not blame her.

On 12/6/2019 at 10:38 AM, BestB said:

Do think think 5-6 baht will make all that much difference to staff wanting payrise, but i do see price rise to cover the increase.and prices will rise will more than 5 baht

Staff are in salary and workers on daily. And it will make a difference because when you talk about volume it adds up to a lot of cost. Normally buyers never accept a price increase. 

Archived