Jump to content
BANGKOK
snoop1130

Sacred hair relic of the Buddha to enshrine in Thailand

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Moonlover said:

They don't have to prove it. They only have to belief it. Just like all the rest of the religious myths, legends and relics that abound on this planet.

 

If they believe it, then it's true, no matter what anyone tries to tell them.

I feel a virgin birth coming on

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought he was bald, he probably was after everyone started pulling his hair out for relics. The Buddha's tooth they were showing around, I think it was Malaysia, turned out to be a pigs tooth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some troll posts and the replies have been removed. 

 

A post containing an off topic copyrighted photo has been removed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Orton Rd said:
12 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Religion is the opiate of the masses.  Karl Marx

 

12 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

But even that is better than communism

Does that include the Taliban or Islamic State? I know which I would prefer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That hair looks like a Roman number 9 or 11 to me. So, roll on lottery day, I'm on to a winner. (Well, beats finding a burning tree or a two headed animal)

800_269426011ce8cb2.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bluesofa said:

How can they be sure it's Buddha's hair - has there been some DNA testing?

Considering how many hairs of the Buddha there are enshrined around the world, the man must've had a mop like a Rastafarian. Not to mention all those alleged tooth relics...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Considering how many hairs of the Buddha there are enshrined around the world, the man must've had a mop like a Rastafarian. Not to mention all those alleged tooth relics...

Could be a pubic hair..........

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Shwedagon (Golden) Pagoda in Rangoon (Burma) also contains hair from Buddha - 8 strands supposedly - along with other artifacts.

 

Shwedagon Pagoda 2017.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, bluesofa said:

In that case, I believe I'll have another beer - even though I don't have any.

Would that make me a virtual drunk?

A lot of people don't need beer. They get drunk on religion alone as clearly testified by their often rather curious actions, attitudes and speaking in tongues. I'll rather join you and stick to beer... even if it's only a virtual one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Sacred hair relic of the Buddha to enshrine in Thailand

By The Nation

So now we got a Hair? What's next , Toe nails, Bone fragments , Lamp shade made off skin? or a couple off teeth? Whoever came up with starting all the  religions must have been on Drugs. Ganja has been around for millions off years and also the Angels Trumpet, and to top that of they must have been Soft in the head Same as the people believing in everything under the sun like Ghosts an Spirits. I believe in Spirits that come in a Bottle that's as far as believe .How can one believe (or prove that it did exists) in something that they can't see? :crazy:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:
22 hours ago, bluesofa said:

How can they be sure it's Buddha's hair - has there been some DNA testing?

Considering how many hairs of the Buddha there are enshrined around the world, the man must've had a mop like a Rastafarian. Not to mention all those alleged tooth relics...

Ha ha, yes.

So for the benefit of trying to look at it reasonably scientifically, wouldn't it be a good idea for all of these alleged artefacts to be DNA tested?

Then at least it could be established whether they are all from the same person - or is that too practical a suggestion?

 

Also IIRC, didn't Buddha say something about believing nothing until you have seen the evidence for yourself?

 

Edited by bluesofa
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, digger70 said:

So now we got a Hair? What's next , Toe nails, Bone fragments , Lamp shade made off skin? or a couple off teeth? Whoever came up with starting all the  religions must have been on Drugs. Ganja has been around for millions off years and also the Angels Trumpet, and to top that of they must have been Soft in the head Same as the people believing in everything under the sun like Ghosts an Spirits. I believe in Spirits that come in a Bottle that's as far as believe .How can one believe (or prove that it did exists) in something that they can't see? :crazy:

From what I read, he was cremated.  So how do any hairs remain?  Also what I read, yes, they did pick out some bone, teeth etc. to keep and immortalize.  Even though he told them not to.  But who ever listens to their boss.  As far as DNA testing, yes he had a son.  But trying to track down his (The Buddha's) lineage would probably not happen.  So your pretty much left up to believing or not believing.  Me, I don't care either way.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I feel a virgin birth coming on

There wasn't any com ing, was there? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...