Jump to content
BANGKOK
snoop1130

Activist Thunberg completes intercontinental dash to Madrid climate summit

Recommended Posts

On 12/7/2019 at 2:05 PM, Chazar said:

One of the best arguments  to raise taxes  easily  worldwide after all who is going to argue with "but its  to save the planet"

THAT is your biggest fear, when it comes to climate change?

That someone is raising taxes?

I don't know, where you are from, but I guess, you have no problem with paying taxes for military - spendings of your respective government?

You pay taxes, no matter what!

Some for sensible stuff like infrastructure, some for debatable stuff like "culture & art", some for tosh like new rockets and tanks!

So pray tell: what is wrong with a few more bucks to prevent the consequences of manmade (yes!) climate change?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2019 at 4:29 PM, torturedsole said:

A picture paints a thousand words.

Just one small question, then I will let you slide back into your special little dreamworld: you do know, what ANTIFA stands for, right?!

Care to explain to me, what is wrong with being against fascism and fascists?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

THAT is your biggest fear, when it comes to climate change?

That someone is raising taxes?

I don't know, where you are from, but I guess, you have no problem with paying taxes for military - spendings of your respective government?

You pay taxes, no matter what!

Some for sensible stuff like infrastructure, some for debatable stuff like "culture & art", some for tosh like new rockets and tanks!

So pray tell: what is wrong with a few more bucks to prevent the consequences of manmade (yes!) climate change?

     "...few more bucks.."       Do you have cites for your claim that it will cost only a few bucks?  

 

  A few bucks how often out of my pocket?   Every year?   Every month?  Every day ?    

 

    I bet you could shut down the whole economy of the U.S.       The U.S. could vanish off the face of the Earth.. and you could establish International Communism 

 

    And you might keep the temperature 0.35 of one degree cooler by the year 2100 than it would otherwise be. 

     But I wouldn't hold my breath...      China and India continue to build coal fired plants...

 

And now China is even going to export coal fired plants...  

 

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/29/716347646/why-is-china-placing-a-global-bet-on-coal

 

   https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/01/climate/china-energy-companies-coal-plants-climate-change.html

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off topic and troll posts removed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Catoni said:

So how exactly does Trump lean towards totalitarianism, when his government does not increase regulation over people’s lives, but instead gets RID of several regulations for each new regulation brought in ?

     The massive pile of government regulation is shrinking... not growing. The opposite of what you get in fascism and communism.

I guess, that is one way of looking at it!

A very "special" way, fitting to a "special" person like you...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, stevenl said:

See the previous post from Saint Nick.

i recognize some of these predictions,

for example the lead NASA scientist 'the oracle' james hansen foresaw

that arctic would be ice free in summer no later then 2018,

yet here we are, arctic ice is 2 meter thick, same as it was 60 years ago.

and every single climate model so far was proven wrong,

as they attempted to 'hide the decline'

Edited by brokenbone
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

i recognize some of these predictions,

for example the lead NASA scientist 'the oracle' james hansen foresaw

that arctic would be ice free in summer no later then 2018,

yet here we are, arctic ice is 2 meter thick, same as it was 60 years ago.

and every single climate model so far was proven wrong,

as they attempted to 'hide the decline'

Yet here we are, with polar bears not finding enough thick ice to go hunting and laying siege on Russian villages on a year round basis!

The arctic AND antarctic ice is melting, maybe not at the rate foreseen, but melting it sure is!

 We are on a very "good" way!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

... and join us on the fight against manmade climate change!

 

What precisely is going to stop manmade climate change and how do you separate out naturally occurring climate change from the supposed manmade climate change.  Thereafter, how do you know when you've achieved your goal of stopping manmade climate change in its tracks?

 

I'm genuinely interested.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

Yet here we are, with polar bears not finding enough thick ice to go hunting and laying siege on Russian villages on a year round basis!

The arctic AND antarctic ice is melting, maybe not at the rate foreseen, but melting it sure is!

 We are on a very "good" way!

There Is No Climate Emergency for Polar Bears. Numbers are up....  not down.  And they seemed to not have been wiped out by the Holocene Climatic Optimum.. the Minoan Warm Period, the Roman Warm Period, the Medieval Warm period.. or during any other warm period... including previous Inter-Glacial Periods.

 

     https://youtu.be/jQRle6pgBCY

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

Yet here we are, with polar bears not finding enough thick ice to go hunting and laying siege on Russian villages on a year round basis!

The arctic AND antarctic ice is melting, maybe not at the rate foreseen, but melting it sure is!

 We are on a very "good" way!

yet here we are, with polar bears thriving in numbers like never before documented in human history, guess all life thrives with higher co2 & temperature.

most observers would say they are now overpopulated

and need to be decimated, at least those that has spread to civilization,

tho the opposite can also be stated, human population is thriving

and is overpopulated, and are now spreading into wild life habitat.

in fact everything seem to thrive these days,

it is confirmed that the increased co2 levels has increased biomass on earth

greening of earth.jpg

Edited by brokenbone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, torturedsole said:

What precisely is going to stop manmade climate change and how do you separate out naturally occurring climate change from the supposed manmade climate change.  Thereafter, how do you know when you've achieved your goal of stopping manmade climate change in its tracks?

 

I'm genuinely interested.  

No one wants to take on my question, stevenl.  While you're here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Catoni said:

   Don't hold your breath waiting.   The socialist climate alarmist "comrades"  in this group are not going to answer you.     They lack the ability...  because the truth is not what they are about. 

We can continue with the I don't believe climate change is manmade versus the I believe climate change is manmade argument, but it's entirely reasonable to ask the question as to what will, once and for all, fix this supposed manmade climate change and how would one know how to separate out natural climate change versus manmade climate change.  

 

A response of taxing us to death doesn't answer the question either as how will taxation solve the issue?

 

I wait with bated breath, Catoni, though suspect I'll be waiting for some considerable time to come.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2019 at 8:25 AM, mauGR1 said:

Nope, i doesn't go over my head, perhaps you should read my posts again, slowly.

There are far worse things on this poor planet that Greta and their parents, i don't understand all this hate.

I wish the people with some knowledge and wisdom could stick to discussing the environmental issues and the feasible solutions instead of attacking a little girl and her parents.

The title of this thread has her name in it and she is now a world famous figure. Just because people disagree with her does not mean they hate her. However, her aggressive posturing has created a febrile atmosphere which caused chaos in cities such as London earlier this year. At her age she is classified as a young adult.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...