Applying for E-visa from London

I am married to a Thai person. Past 10 years i was living in Thailand and I had visa  non Imm-O visa as married to Thai.

Now I am in UK and this will be my first time I apply for non imm-O visa from here. 

I am trying to apply for visa on the website:https://thaievisa.go.th

I set up an account.  I provide all the information required and when I click on proceed it tells me: ACCESS IS INVALID, PLEASE TRY AGAIN.

and that's over and over.

Did anyone encounter similar problems? What to do? Can I just go  to Thai Embassy in London and apply in person?

IMG_20191206_130635.jpg

You can't go to London unless you conquer the e-visa hurdle first. Are you near any of the consulates? Cardiff, Glasgow, Hull or Liverpool, if you can go to one to submit application or collect the visa.

London needs the barcode print out, from the e-visa system to process a visa application.

Also they no longer issue 1 years multi non-O's anywhere in the UK, only non-O single entry 90 Days.

I'll have to apply for single non-O every time I go back to the UK from next year...

Edited by UKresonant
  • Like 1

If possible, go to one of the honorary consulates. You just make an appointment via email, and will get the visa (single entry Non O or multiple entry tourist) while you wait. Many have problems with that (grossly misnamed) evisa system.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UKresonant said:

You can't go to London unless you conquer the e-visa hurdle first. Are you near any of the consulates? Cardiff, Glasgow, Hull or Liverpool, if you can go to one to submit application or collect the visa.

I am in Hatfield, so London is the nearest.

I am slowly getting through the process...  Managed to  step 5 now they want copies of various documents. What's really crazy is that they require an invitation letter from my wife??   I am not booking any hotels as will stay at her house. But why invitation? Isn't this obvious? I am married to my wife.

How should such letter be written?

IMG_20191206_143107.jpg

32 minutes ago, Stokakrishna said:

I am not booking any hotels as will stay at her house. But why invitation? Isn't this obvious? I am married to my wife.

How should such letter be written?

Never had to do a letter before, for a  Thai VIsa. Suppose an open word come anytime wording would be best.

Technically when I visit her in Thailand, legally it his her house, not our house. Maybe hence the invite need.

Edited by UKresonant

10 hours ago, Stokakrishna said:

I am slowly getting through the process...  Managed to  step 5 now they want copies of various documents. What's really crazy is that they require an invitation letter from my wife??   I am not booking any hotels as will stay at her house. But why invitation? Isn't this obvious? I am married to my wife.

That is just one of the things on the site that is the same for every visa application.

Just have your wife write write a short letter that you are staying with her with her ID card number on it.

You will also have to upload a copy of your UK passport photo page for number 8.

• Like 2

The online visa is enough for me not to come back.  I was about to return for a few months, after more than 6 months in UK, looked at the site which lost my saved state, and then considered the undefined risk of being turned back as unthinkable.

They offer a METV valid for six months plus last entry, but decline entry to people for staying that kind of duration.  Once they make it clear how to avoid rejection at the border, as other countries do, I'll be there.

• Like 1

The e-visa application is sadly lacking. I registered to renew my multiple O or just get a 60 day tourist visa but it indicated I had exceeded applications, yet I had not completed and submitted anything. I was in IT industry so it ain't me ! The login proces is also ridiculous. I'm out here now for just 30 days. LOS and farang lose out.

I had a similar experience in trying to obtain a visa whilst in the UK recently. I found the E-visa website almost unusable, whilst filling in the required informatio

n the application screen would, quite out of the blue, display the notice: "Access Is Invalid, Please try again. Back to Home"

• Like 1

I also had a similar experience in trying to obtain a visa recently when in England. The E-visa website is almost unusable and whilst trying to input the required information into the application screen a notice would suddenly come up stating “Access Is Invalid, Please try again. Back to Home”.

This would happen no matter what stage I was at in filling out the form and no explanation was given as to why this had occurred, leaving no choice other than start the whole application from scratch. I must have made at least 15 attempts to complete the application form and only the last attempt was successful.  I found the whole process deeply frustrating and only persevered because I needed to return to Thailand urgently.

I also tried to contact the Hull consulate but without success, when trying to phone them I constantly got an answerphone message saying that they were busy and to try again later. I also sent them an email but did not receive a reply.

I also sent an email to the Cardiff Consulate who did reply saying that they could issue a visa in a single by appointment visit as long as I brought with me the correct paperwork and the visa fee in cash.

The whole process left me wondering if the difficulty’s I encountered was just due to inefficiency or that they just don’t want Brits coming to Thailand any more.

On 12/6/2019 at 2:39 PM, Stokakrishna said:

What's really crazy is that they require an invitation letter from my wife??   I am not booking any hotels as will stay at her house. But why invitation? Isn't this obvious? I am married to my wife.

I had my wife send me an email with only her address, from her email address. But it is a non-sense requirement.

Trying to apply through this wonderful system today and have everything completed on the application, but after submitting my return address for the postal option then clicking "Submit", the page just redirects to home.

Anyone else going through the same pain or does it just not like me today!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phuketitnet said:

Trying to apply through this wonderful system today and have everything completed on the application, but after submitting my return address for the postal option then clicking "Submit", the page just redirects to home.

Anyone else going through the same pain or does it just not like me today!

Classic, it just doesn't like Google Chrome!

You need to tick the box on the left next to your completed application and click "Submit Visa Application". This will then lead to a page to confirm the return address and finally to the payment page (or should if it works!) - as noted above, that page doesn't seem to work properly on payment completion.

After which, print out the confirmation with barcode, add that and your return address (again), your passport and £10 in cash to an envelope before sending off Special Delivery to the embassy.

I also included print outs of the supporting documents, just in case as it's quite unclear at various stages of the process what's actually required. Probably don't need these, as you'd think scanning them in would be enough, but you never know!

Screenshot 2019-12-12 at 06.26.19.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1