Options to prevent overstay

Hi...for a plethora of reasons I have decided not to get a further extension in March on my original OA visa.

However I had already booked my return flight to UK some months ago ,which will now be a week after my current extension ends.

Just looking at options, as I may go for an new O visa based on my Thai son  (going through legalising our relationship currently) and therefore do not want to have a problem with immigration further down the line.

The easiest option seems to be crossing the border at Nongkai just as my current extension lapses and re enter the following day with a visa exempt, which will keep me legal to my flight date.

Are there other options anyone can suggest?

Many thanks in advance for replies. 

You could go to immigration and apply for a 1 month extension. 1900 baht.

If you have an extension already, then that will be denied and you will be given 7 days time.

Might be enough for you.

If not, then Nongkhai is a good option to get 30 days, but a bit more expensive with the hotel etc...

Good luck

• Thanks 1

You cannot apply for a 30-day extension of your non immigrant entry. However, assuming you have not done so before, you can get a 60-day extension based on your Thai son. You need to be named on the Thai birth certificate as the father, but do not need to have legalised the relationship for the 60-day extension. Your son needs to go with you when you apply for the extension.

A border bounce for a 30-day visa exempt entry should be fine at most land crossings. If you live near Nong Khai, that is a good choice.

• Like 1

If you do not do the 60 day extension to visit your child you could apply for a extension, pay the 1900 baht fee and be granted 7 days to leave the country after it denied.

How old is your child? If 7 or over the legalization of your parenthood can be done at an Amphoe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you do not do the 60 day extension to visit your child you could apply for a extension, pay the 1900 baht fee and be granted 7 days to leave the country after it denied.

How old is your child? If 7 or over the legalization of your parenthood can be done at an Amphoe.

Hi...my son is 3 and we should have the legal papers in early February if everything goes well.

My extension/permission to stay finishes on 2nd March and my flight is booked 9th March.

I am interpreting the above that I can apply for a 60 day extension to visit my son and that is the safest route.

Any advice on what date I should apply... do I leave it to the last day (2nd March) and then if refused for any reason would be granted 7 days to leave ( my flight date). Or would I be best to apply well ahead of 2nd March and if refused do a border run for a 30 day visa exempt. Thanks

37 minutes ago, gavlar said:

Any advice on what date I should apply... do I leave it to the last day (2nd March) and then if refused for any reason would be granted 7 days to leave ( my flight date). Or would I be best to apply well ahead of 2nd March and if refused do a border run for a 30 day visa exempt. Thanks

You should apply for the 60 day extension a couple of weeks early.

No reason for them to deny it. Have you child with you, have the original birth certificate and a copy and a copy of their house book registry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You should apply for the 60 day extension a couple of weeks early.

No reason for them to deny it. Have you child with you, have the original birth certificate and a copy and a copy of their house book registry.

Thanks Ubonjoe....is there a "TM" form I need to fill in?