Looking to buy a condo in BKK, some questions

I'll be buying under a foreign title, as I understand it the money needs to come in from O/S. Can I use money from the sale of a previous condo that I originally bought with money from O/S or do I need to bring in more?

If I can use the funds from my previous condo, can I still use that for an investment visa?

and finally, does anyone have any suggestions on good condo buildings? I'm looking to live around the Sukhumvit line between Siam and Ekkamai. Something high up with nice views, modern interior, full height glass windows and no washing machine in the kitchen. At least 80sqm and under 20M.

You need to ask at the relevant land office. Transfers have been made with a copy of the original FET and sales contract of that condo...providing the price of new condo is same or less there shouldn't be any need.....however different land office and different officials will determine what you require.

I looked at this place a year or so ago.

Pretty decent construction and good views which will be "probably" never be built on as the land is occupied by a school and a church.

Some are duplex's and some have very nice balconies. (I think the ones with the balconies that lead onto the living room are better than the ones which lead onto the bedrooms). There are several different designs and some of the condos have large staircases that take up a bit too much room - when I visited I saw about 6 variations (?)

About a 7 minute walk to Terminal 21. Could probably bid on one to be less than your budget - as having a quick look some of the ones I saw are still for sale a year later!!!

https://www.hipflat.co.th/en/projects/the-room-sukhumvit-21-behcqc

On 12/8/2019 at 2:37 AM, wprime said:

I've been using ddproperty which has a lot of options, maybe a better question would be who are the good developers?

worry  more  about  who  are  the  best in  long term maintenance of  the building

Websites like hipflat are useful in that they help aggregate property information to give a general picture of how things are. It certainly saves a lot of time for people.

HOWEVER, the problem with this website and similar ones is that one listing may have duplicated multiple times and at different price points from multiple agents all adding the listing on the website. This means that if a property is overpriced (which is inevitable) it will skew the prices upwards and give a misleading picture of real market prices.

The best way to find a good property which is fairly priced and a fair deal is to use a reputable agent that knows how to guide a customer through this process. 

4 hours ago, Chazar said:

worry  more  about  who  are  the  best in  long term maintenance of  the building

I agree that it is essential to choose projects that have good building maintenance (even if this means a higher CAM fee). Without good building maintenance, the building will age quickly and that will affect rental and sales prices negatively. 

Archived