Tesla boss Elon Musk wins defamation trial over 'pedo guy' tweet

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One law for the rich and another for the poor. 

Vern should not have wasted his time and money.    That aggressive defamation nonsense only works in undeveloped countries like Thailand.    Never should have mouthed off about Mus

This is just wrong.   I know that both sides do share some blame, but labeling a guy 'Pedo' on a public forum for no good reason should not be allowed.   I am a fan of Elon most of

Posted Images

1 hour ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

A reputation for being a peedo in the UK is a death sentence.

Rubbish and shows  how childish some people really are if thats what they think when anyone is  accused of that..............convicted is another matter

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Samui Bodoh said:

This is just wrong.

I know that both sides do share some blame, but labeling a guy 'Pedo' on a public forum for no good reason should not be allowed.

I am a fan of Elon most of the time, but not at this time.

Hey Elon! Do the right thing and cut this guy a cheque for all his attorney's fees; you are a multi-billionaire and it is (literally!) the least that you can do.

I wonder if there are attorney fees, I know many so called lawyers that would be happy to get involved for the notiety. 

Just now, faraday said:

Vern may have started it, but Musk's reply was inappropriately rude.

How much has Vern got to pay?

Probably nothing many low end attorneys would be happy to get there name in the act contingent upon a settlement. 

Vern should have keep his mouth shut. I am not a fan of Elon Musk but he did offer a solution at his expense  

2 hours ago, MarineEquine said:

One law for the rich and another for the poor. 

Suing for a 190 million dollar for being called a pedo is ridiculous. Vern saw dollar signs and thankfully the jury saw it what it was. Musk was wrong and should apologize and maybe buy Vern a case of beer. But suing for 190 million dollars of damages is bs greed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very bad decision by the jury--although the damage amount being asked for was way too high.  Defamation has always been very serious but in the age of Twitter and the like, one must be made to be accountable for what one says--especially if one is famous with millions of followers.  As a previous poster said, Vern will be forever branded on social media and the internet, incorrectly and unfairly, as 'pedo guy'.  For that, Musk should have been held accountable. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well that sucks for Pedo guy. Those high priced rock star american lawyers don't come cheap.

Probably had no understanding that in America, ordinary people stand no chance against the wealthy. Of course his lawyer wasn't going to tell him that. They get paid no matter what happens.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, BestB said:

I never realised he was seeing $180 million in damages . Hardly surprising he lost

maybe if he was more smart and seeking $100000-200000 he would of won but $$180 million ?😳

I completely agree. Going after such an absurd amount of "compensation" for supposed damages caused in such a childish situation killed any sincerity or credibility the plaintiff's case may have potentially had. 

I expect the plaintiff will now go after his lawyer for damages caused by going after such an idiotic amount of money. 😉