Tesla boss Elon Musk wins defamation trial over 'pedo guy' tweet

rooster59

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Hey Elon! Do the right thing and cut this guy a cheque for all his attorney's fees; you are a multi-billionaire and it is (literally!) the least that you can do.

I doubt the Attorney received a single bean in advance. Usually these cases especially against billionaires are paid % only on a win

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

What are your thoughts about someone telling you to stick something where it hurts? Do you think that's right?

It is what is referred to as the principal of "First blood". He who draws first blood, is subject to the wrath of him who he has declared his enemy. Same thing happened to Trump. He started the war with the media, and he has suffered endlessly, ever since. One of the worst decisions of his lame political career. 

Musk started this thing. Unsworth simply stated that from his vast experience in caves, that the solution Musk proposed was impractical, and perhaps a PR stunt. Musk made it far more personal, by insulting him directly. However, the corrupt US legal system let him off, due to his wealth and power.

20 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Didn't we read in the news long time ago that Unsworth was asking $75,000 in compensation?

Unsworth is seeking at least $75,000 of compensatory damages plus unspecified punitive damages in his complaint filed in the U.S. District Court in Los Angeles.
Source: Reuters September 17, 2018 "Tesla's Musk is sued for calling Thai cave rescuer pedophile".

I surprised to read $190 million, it's way out of proportion and unfortunately smells of gaining money – the US law firm probably get half – which seems to move the case away from the original defamation claim.

It's the way it's worded makes you think he's only wants $75,000 in fact it says "at least $75,000" and many believed it.

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

It is what is referred to as the principal of "First blood". He who draws first blood, is subject to the wrath of him who he has declared his enemy. Same thing happened to Trump. He started the war with the media, and he has suffered endlessly, ever since. One of the worst decisions of his lame political career. 

Musk started this thing. Unsworth simply stated that from his vast experience in caves, that the solution Musk proposed was impractical, and perhaps a PR stunt. Musk made it far more personal, by insulting him directly. However, the corrupt US legal system let him off, due to his wealth and power.

Lol so it was musk who started it talk about turn everything around lol next you'll say it was Unsworth who made the public apology.

6 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

There was no pay off but a request for 50 k dollars to be given to a children's charity. Musk was supported by the kind of corrupt legal process the world has come to expect from the USA, a pariah state.

was a jury trial and plaintiff and defendant lawyers are involved in juror selection. do you think the jury was paid off for such a relatively unimportant non criminal case?

now if were in thailand i'd say the musk team could make it go away.

7 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Vern should not have wasted his time and money. 

That aggressive defamation nonsense only works in undeveloped countries like Thailand. 

Never should have mouthed off about Musk's efforts to help either. 

..methinks he protested too much my Lord.

lets just imagine what happened in the jury room after the end of the court case.....the 5 hand picked feminists and 3 beta males start the discussion....the women who hate any man that goes to Thailand and considers them sexual deviants then put their case and the beta males are shamed into accepting the womens views because if they dont go along with it they know they will be accused of toxic masculinity and patriarchal oppression......I am not accusing the court system of deliberately hand picking these jurors..cough..cough,,, for this case against one of the richest men in the world.. however the plaintiffs integrity has been severely compromised by this incident and probably more so by the verdict

1 minute ago, johnnyonesock said:

lets just imagine what happened in the jury room after the end of the court case.....the 5 hand picked feminists and 3 beta males start the discussion....the women who hate any man that goes to Thailand and considers them sexual deviants then put their case and the beta males are shamed into accepting the womens views because if they dont go along with it they know they will be accused of toxic masculinity and patriarchal oppression......I am not accusing the court system of deliberately hand picking these jurors..cough..cough,,, for this case against one of the richest men in the world but the plaintiffs integrity has been severely compromised by this incident and probably more so by the verdict

There are many contenders for the plumb craziest post on this forum.I am not sure whether this is the craziest but it must be a contender.

7 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

It's a bit ironic that the defendent called the plantiff "pedo guy" in one tweet. The planitff could have just let it go and it never would have been mentioned again.

But no, he took the bait and now "pedo guy" has been used in relation to him what, 1 million times. And he had to hear "Pedo Guy" thousands of times during the trial. And every Google Search for his name will contain the words "Pedo Guy".

What a doofus.

Even the bargirls will be calling him pedoguy..just a lot easier to say than Vernon Unsworth.  Musk has lost a lot of credibility over the last few years, as well has his job of chairmen, at least temporarily, and does appear to be his own worst enemy.

3 hours ago, denby45 said:
3 hours ago, tominbkk said:

Not really, in the States there is a law for everyone.  Pedo guy played his hand and lost.  190 million dollars?  hahahaha.

And there you have it. Your quote "Pedo Guy" proves beyond any shadow of doubt that Unsworth will now be branded Pedo Guy. I am happy that you think that is funny. I hope you never get into a similar situation yourself.

i don't think unsworth is a pedophile at all.  i think of him as an angry silly guy.

34 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

Well done Vern,calling someone a Pedo is a dog act. Sure you slagged of his mini sub and shouldn't have but a jibe about a sub is no way related to pedo rubbish. 

I agree with your comment... there are lots of highly intelligent people who comment on here who probably hold down high paying jobs but when it comes to critical thinking they havent got a clue

8 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Vern should not have wasted his time and money. 

That aggressive defamation nonsense only works in undeveloped countries like Thailand. 

Never should have mouthed off about Musk's efforts to help either. 

And now he is forever known as the “pedo guy.” 

Bad move on his end. 

29 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

So the serial big mouth who can’t keep it shut gets away insulting the guy who risked his life to save 13 kids.

Unsworth didn't risk his life for anyone so don't go down that path he did go on CNN and insulted another guy who tried to help save the kids though i mean how low can you go.

5 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Just googled up "pedo guy." Eight of the first nine results are stories about Unsworth and the trial. He is now and will forever more be "pedo guy" because he chose to take this to court. Dumb move.

It was widely reported before the case was opened. Enough damage done already.  

31 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Does the amount you sue for affect the decision in the first place?

If he'd sued for a million would he have still lost?

it will have been the lawyers that decide the amount of money but of course in no way would they have expected that sort of payout..its all theatre...I am sure Vernon would have been happy just to clear his name with a few extra quid for his stress and anxiety that has been caused by this megalomaniac who not only defamed him but sent private investigators to look into his sexual history in Thailand...it makes a mockery of Musks statement statement under oath about "pedoguy" being just a casual insult in the country where he grew up ie South Africa

Archived