Expensive heaters

Lacessit

Currently quite chilly in Chiang Rai at night, went looking for a small heater. Global House, Thai Watsadu and HomePro - mai mee.

The only ones I can find are infra-red radiant, coupled to a fan. 3000 baht. Are you kidding me? I can buy a small fan heater in Australia for about 500 baht.

Opportunity for a business importing them, except tariffs would probably kill it.

Just now, CharlieH said:

A bit like selling a fridge to an Eskimo I would have thought. ????

Normally, yes. However, my GF's village is quite cold at night over December and January.

I brought a fleecy track suit for her father back from Australia. My GF is wearing the sheepskin Ugg boots as I write.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Denim said:

18 indoors this morning and 15 outside.  T shirt and shorts weather.

No more naked breakfast chef.

Just turn on two rings of the gas cooker for 10 minutes to take the edge off the chill.

in your suitably vented room   ???

4 hours ago, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

Why waste money on heaters unless temps consistently below 10c, get a fleece tracky to wear when drops below 12c.

Even in Aust always wore shorts when 15c.

Save electricity and the environment.

????????????

Fair point. I'd only use it to get the chill off.

How much electricity do you think you use posting on Thai Visa?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Was down to 20c in San Sai last night.

That would be a warm summers day back in the UK, everyone out in shorts with their shirts off.

Normal summers day. Frequently hits mid-upper 30s on good ones nowadays, which of course doesn't excuse UK weather from being utter shiiite rest of the time. Anyway, doesn't sansai get down to around 12?

I just can't understand why on earth, anybody needs a heater in Thailand. I live in OZ

and the temperature gets a bit colder in winter here, then in Thailand. I don't have a

heater at all and don't have air con. Yes summer started where I live and we had a week

with no less then 35 degrees(many days 40 plus) and I did not even use my fan.

2 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

I just can't understand why on earth, anybody needs a heater in Thailand. I live in OZ

and the temperature gets a bit colder in winter here, then in Thailand. I don't have a

heater at all and don't have air con. Yes summer started where I live and we had a week

your a tough old bird

5 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Normal summers day. Frequently hits mid-upper 30s on good ones nowadays, which of course doesn't excuse UK weather from being utter shiiite rest of the time. Anyway, doesn't sansai get down to around 12?

Was 18c just before dawn today ....... Brrrrrrr

12 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

You are my hero 

• Haha 1