Johnson, Corbyn wage Brexit battle in final debate before UK election

rooster59

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

Would a pedantic pinko be a Pedantist?

Looks like we even have to be oh so Communistically Correct in these matters too now.

Weak reply, because of lack of arguments.

Educating Rita - sometimes I wonder why I keep trying.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

Weak reply, because of lack of arguments.

Educating Rita - sometimes I wonder why I keep trying.

Don't we all wonder why.

Could be because you are the only one who cares what exact breed of commie Corbyn is.

13 hours ago, oldhippy said:

QUOTE: A Stalinist?

Oh dear.

A Stalinist AND a trotskyist at the same time.

You're not very good at history, are you?

Unless of course these are your 2 favourite swearwords.

Actually I am not sure you are either. Corbyn's background is that of an Orthodox Trotskyist. However his right-hand man is Seamus Milne who is an old Stalinist Tankie. Can they ideologically work together? Of course they can, particularly as Orthodox Trotskyists had a defencist line on Russia (weird how that still continues) and both support any tinpot movement going that declares itself against imperialism. For those who are still awake, the main grouplet backing Corbyn is the historical remnant of our old friends the IMG (International Marxist Group). Best known for supporting Cuba and Che Guevara.

7 hours ago, Loiner said:

Don't we all wonder why.

Could be because you are the only one who cares what exact breed of commie Corbyn is.

Of course, lazy old school right-wing nuts would rather not bother. They would prefer old McCarthyist broad brush stuff.

19 hours ago, Emdog said:

Saw report on Al Jazeera regarding Boris doing no campaigning or appearances for his seat. If I voted in that area, that would cheese me off and I'd be tempted to turf Boris out. Could he be PM if he loses local election?

I tend not to believe a channel that has Allah as it's logo, they are heavily biased

14 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What I always find interesting in these threads is that it seems almost everybody is 100% pro one candidate and 100% against another.

How many here are willing to say something like: Guy A is good in this way but bad that way and with guy B its this and that?

It is a valid point but not that straightforward as party leaders are a mixture of personal attributes and party politics.

It is not unnoticed that nearly all the anti Labour comments are aimed at JC, if they had a different leader the polls would be singing a different tune.

I have made no attempt to vote as I wouldn't want to see either JC or Bojo as PM and it's not worth the hassle to vote for the LDs.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

It is a valid point but not that straightforward as party leaders are a mixture of personal attributes and party politics.

It is not unnoticed that nearly all the anti Labour comments are aimed at JC, if they had a different leader the polls would be singing a different tune.

I have made no attempt to vote as I wouldn't want to see either JC or Bojo as PM and it's not worth the hassle to vote for the LDs.

Good point, not only party leaders are a mixture of personal attributes and party politics though, MPs as a whole are. Corbyn is the leader every Tory has been praying for, the gift that gives and keeps on giving. He is the ideal target for the character assassination teams working for the Tory gutter press. The tax avoiding billionaire owners are spending millions digging up dirt on him, and sadly there is so much material which - with a bit of distortion - they can use. Politics is a nasty business, and when we see that people will happily vote for a toffscum buffoon who has made lying the norm, it's sad to see the mindless depths that the country has sunk too. 

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What I always find interesting in these threads is that it seems almost everybody is 100% pro one candidate and 100% against another.

How many here are willing to say something like: Guy A is good in this way but bad that way and with guy B its this and that?

It's a bit like someone saying (no names no packdrill) that only Boris lies, now can you honestly believe how naive someone would have to be to believe such nonsense.

2 hours ago, vogie said:

It's a bit like someone saying (no names no packdrill) that only Boris lies, now can you honestly believe how naive someone would have to be to believe such nonsense.

Let’s excuse Johnson’s inveterate lying because somebody else once told a lie.

No, let’s not.

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Let’s excuse Johnson’s inveterate lying because somebody else once told a lie.

No, let’s not.

You may think that dear Jeremy is as pure as the driven snow, but people can't help noticing how big his nose has grown since becoming a MP.

"Once told a lie" you kill me Greavsie. ????????

9 minutes ago, vogie said:

You may think that dear Jeremy is as pure as the driven snow, but people can't help noticing how big his nose has grown since becoming a MP.

"Once told a lie" you kill me Greavsie. ????????

I don't follow UK politics enough to know how often JC lied.

I follow it since the 2016 Brexit vote and it seems Boris is the by far biggest liar since then.

Stop parliament for 6 weeks was supposed to be normal - lie!

October 2019 no if and buts - lie!

October 2019 die in a ditch - lie!

NI no trade border: lie!

Blaming parliament for his constant delays and then hurry in the last minute. - All home made by Boris.

And now:

Get Brexit done - BS! When the UK leaves the EU then the first step is done, not more.

A EU trade agreement will be ready end of 2020. Really? All experts say it's impossible.

A fast trade deal with the USA. Yeah, in theory that is possible. Just say yes, yes, and yes and make no demands.

NHS not on the table: BS

This is just a small part of what I remember. I am sure the list could easily contain 100 certain lies.

Is JC a liar like that? Certainly not!

3 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Good point, not only party leaders are a mixture of personal attributes and party politics though, MPs as a whole are. Corbyn is the leader every Tory has been praying for, the gift that gives and keeps on giving. He is the ideal target for the character assassination teams working for the Tory gutter press. The tax avoiding billionaire owners are spending millions digging up dirt on him, and sadly there is so much material which - with a bit of distortion - they can use. Politics is a nasty business, and when we see that people will happily vote for a toffscum buffoon who has made lying the norm, it's sad to see the mindless depths that the country has sunk too. 

Let's put it another way. Any half-way decent Labour leader would have had Boris on the ropes by now. No Tory character assassination teams required: Corbyn and his own team do it themselves. The stink inside the Labour Party is appalling. Just ask those Labour MPs who bailed out. Yes, Boris is lucky. That is the tragedy of Labour. A re-run of Michael Foot. First time tragedy, second time farce. Since the days of Harold Wilson the only successful leader electorally has been Tony Blair. When I read forum contributors now banging on about billionaire blah-blahs, one just knows that few lessons have been learned. Just a re-run of living in the past. Repent at leisure.

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I despise them all.

I'm 92% against Boris and 97% against Jeremy.

I'm also 70% against Brexit, 80% against no decision, and 86% against another vote.

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I despise them all.

I'm 92% against Boris and 97% against Jeremy.

I'm also 70% against Brexit, 80% against no decision, and 86% against another vote.

Well as the old saying goes:

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time" and you can't please BritManToo at any bloody time.

44 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't follow UK politics enough to know how often JC lied.

I follow it since the 2016 Brexit vote and it seems Boris is the by far biggest liar since then.

Stop parliament for 6 weeks was supposed to be normal - lie!

October 2019 no if and buts - lie!

October 2019 die in a ditch - lie!

NI no trade border: lie!

Blaming parliament for his constant delays and then hurry in the last minute. - All home made by Boris.

And now:

Get Brexit done - BS! When the UK leaves the EU then the first step is done, not more.

A EU trade agreement will be ready end of 2020. Really? All experts say it's impossible.

A fast trade deal with the USA. Yeah, in theory that is possible. Just say yes, yes, and yes and make no demands.

NHS not on the table: BS

This is just a small part of what I remember. I am sure the list could easily contain 100 certain lies.

Is JC a liar like that? Certainly not!

I think where you may be getting confused is mistaking figure of speech with lies. When Boris said "I'd rather be found dead in a ditch" he wasn't lying, he was using figure of speech to emphasise his statement. I cannot for the life in me remember there being public outcry when Paddy Ashdown said "if this exit poll is correct I'll eat my hat" Are you upset that Boris didn't carry out his statement and didn't end up dead in a ditch, surely you can see how rediculous that sounds.

Again when he said we would leave on Oct 2019 nobody beliefed him as it was all political rhetoric.

As for closing Parliament for six weeks, all he was trying to do was deliver on the democratic vote that the referendum called for, let's face it he was fighting a losing battle in the HoC, hopefully the election will give him the majority he so deserves. I agree though that the closing of parliament is a moot point, but didn't they make the most of it when it re-opened, not.

There are too many lies that Corbyn as told to print here, remember Corbyn sitting on the floor of a train and telling everyone that the train had no seats.

Remember Corbyn saying that he has never met any IRA and has never laid wreaths at terrorists graves, it would be easier to name the terrorists organisations he hasn't supported.

This 'proof of the Tories document selling off the NHS' looks like it's pure fiction and may be connected to Russian interference.

He lied when he said he watched the Queens speech, why lie, tell the truth, many people don't watch it anymore.

His manifesto is just one big lie, but he will pick up the gullible voters with it, mind you if he promises us all free easter eggs I may just change my allegiance.

8 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Of course, lazy old school right-wing nuts would rather not bother. They would prefer old McCarthyist broad brush stuff.

Works for me.
Call a spade a spade. Much better than define too many lefty 'ist's into your nonsense.

2 hours ago, vogie said:

I think where you may be getting confused is mistaking figure of speech with lies. When Boris said "I'd rather be found dead in a ditch" he wasn't lying, he was using figure of speech to emphasise his statement. I cannot for the life in me remember there being public outcry when Paddy Ashdown said "if this exit poll is correct I'll eat my hat" Are you upset that Boris didn't carry out his statement and didn't end up dead in a ditch, surely you can see how rediculous that sounds.

Again when he said we would leave on Oct 2019 nobody beliefed him as it was all political rhetoric.

As for closing Parliament for six weeks, all he was trying to do was deliver on the democratic vote that the referendum called for, let's face it he was fighting a losing battle in the HoC, hopefully the election will give him the majority he so deserves. I agree though that the closing of parliament is a moot point, but didn't they make the most of it when it re-opened, not.

There are too many lies that Corbyn as told to print here, remember Corbyn sitting on the floor of a train and telling everyone that the train had no seats.

Remember Corbyn saying that he has never met any IRA and has never laid wreaths at terrorists graves, it would be easier to name the terrorists organisations he hasn't supported.

This 'proof of the Tories document selling off the NHS' looks like it's pure fiction and may be connected to Russian interference.

He lied when he said he watched the Queens speech, why lie, tell the truth, many people don't watch it anymore.

His manifesto is just one big lie, but he will pick up the gullible voters with it, mind you if he promises us all free easter eggs I may just change my allegiance.

The thing is when Boris uses dramatic figures of speech or slogans- I'd rather die in a ditch', 'it's do or die' and he doesn't do and he doesn't die, it devalues his words. It becomes, ' Yes, Boris, we've heard this before, how there was no way it wouldn't happen, but it didn't happen, and you didn't resign, so please cut the cr.p'

The biggest lie. of course. is the latest, ' Get Brexit done.' If we exit on Jan 31st then the negotiations will just begin, not end, and almost certainly will not end in one year.

2 minutes ago, bannork said:

The thing is when Boris uses dramatic figures of speech or slogans- I'd rather die in a ditch', 'it's do or die' and he doesn't do and he doesn't die, it devalues his words. It becomes, ' Yes, Boris, we've heard this before, how there was no way it wouldn't happen, but it didn't happen, and you didn't resign, so please cut the cr.p'

The biggest lie. of course. is the latest, ' Get Brexit done.' If we exit on Jan 31st then the negotiations will just begin, not end, and almost certainly will not end in one year.

I have messaged Boris and asked him if he would be so good and be true to his word and die just to please you, he said can he leave it till after the election and he appologises for the delay.

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

I have messaged Boris and asked him if he would be so good and be true to his word and die just to please you, he said can he leave it till after the election and he appologises for the delay.

Just ask him to sit in the chair opposite Andrew Neil. He'll die there.

3 hours ago, vogie said:

He lied! I don't know how many people believed him but I am sure some people believed him.

And it seem his promise that he will sure deliver Brexit at the end of October was an important reason why he was made PM.

No, I didn't expect that he jumps in a ditch. But I would have expected an apology.

After he didn't deliver what he promised with so strong words he should have resigned. He should have told everybody that he didn't fulfill his promises and that he does not expect that people believe him anymore. That would have been honorable. But I guess nobody would mention Boris and honorable in one sentence so it's not really surprising that he continues to lie.

At least for me it's amazing that there are still people out there who believe him. Amazing UK.

Good luck with the election. I guess if Boris is elected and if he again does not deliver you will just write: Nobody expected that he would deliver...

4 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Let's put it another way. Any half-way decent Labour leader would have had Boris on the ropes by now. No Tory character assassination teams required: Corbyn and his own team do it themselves. The stink inside the Labour Party is appalling. Just ask those Labour MPs who bailed out. Yes, Boris is lucky. That is the tragedy of Labour. A re-run of Michael Foot. First time tragedy, second time farce. Since the days of Harold Wilson the only successful leader electorally has been Tony Blair. When I read forum contributors now banging on about billionaire blah-blahs, one just knows that few lessons have been learned. Just a re-run of living in the past. Repent at leisure.

Yes I agree with this mainly. The infiltration of the Labour Party by the remnants of the Syphilitic Wank#rs Party, and Malignant Idiocy, and the resultant purge of ordinary decent MPs has left the party severely weakened. 

"When I read forum contributors now banging on about billionaire blah-blahs, one just knows that few lessons have been learned." The Labour Party have done themselves no favours it is true, but one would have to be dumb not to recognise the effect the Tory tabloids have on simple minded voters, and the owners are indeed Billionaires, who appear desperately keen to avoid tax. Dismissively characterising this as banging on about billionaire blah-blahs, it not really that smart. Some LP members may indeed blame everybody else apart from themselves for their failure. I support the SNP, so I have no need to complain.

Probably the most telling headline ever was the Sun's "It were the Sun what won it". The owner and journalists of the Sun were making it clear just how much they despised the members of the working class they had managed to persuade to vote Tory against their better interests. The sad fools lapped it up while the journalists went on happily gloating at them. 

A rerun of the Michael Foot debacle is not out of the question.

1 hour ago, bannork said:

Fair comment.

44 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

As good as admitting he’s hiding from public scrutiny.

Take a gold star.

Why would he hide, he is so popular he doesn't have to hide, 

Boris is on -3

Farage -22

Swinson -34

And last but least, Corbyn on -37

So pray tell, what has he got to hide from, tv interviews are not compulsary, Andrew Marr tried to stitch Boris up last Sunday and failed miserably.

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

Why would he hide, he is so popular he doesn't have to hide, 

Boris is on -3

Farage -22

Swinson -34

And last but least, Corbyn on -37

So pray tell, what has he got to hide from, tv interviews are not compulsary, Andrew Marr tried to stitch Boris up last Sunday and failed miserably.

You admitted it yourself, you said "Why risk a car crash". Clearly your (In my view wise) assessment of your glorious leader is that there is every chance of a car crash. Politicians generally want to be interviewed because they want to get their views across. Boris's handlers know he is a total liability.

Just say the words "Gutless chicken", you'll feel much better after you admit the truth (It's called Catharsis). 

Archived