White House tells Democrats it will not participate in Trump impeachment hearing

rooster59

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Sujo said:

The senate has stronger powers to force testimony. I foubt repubs would insist on bolton mulvaney perry giuliano testifying. Could be justice roberts call. If called they would have to testify.

Yes he can definitely force that. Don't need a drawn out court case to force them to when the SCOTUS chief justice is running the show. The understandable conventional wisdom is that there is no way for the 45 controlled senate to convict. But if there is a small chance, it would be based on the mother of all smoking guns coming out in the senate trial. 

On 12/9/2019 at 3:21 PM, heybruce said:

Trump is doing his best to prevent these witnesses from testifying, while calling for a speedy trial. 

The House can either proceed without the testimony of these witnesses while the legal process to force them to testify work their ways through court, or put the investigation on hold and wait for the outcome of the court rulings. The House has chosen to proceed (I'm not at all convinced that is the correct choice).

As I noted earlier, all Trump has to do to speed things up is let administration officials testify. 

That’s what I said. The left has chosen to not hear the witnesses. 

Why all the rush?

On 12/9/2019 at 11:22 AM, Eric Loh said:

Not much of an issue for banana republic and if he is King Trump. But alas he is none of that and he committed serious breach of the constitution as a President and serious crime as a citizen. Slammer awaits. 

How is going though the courts a serious breach of the constitution? 

Archived