Cool morning Phayao

ripstanley

This morning at 0800 at our house on the western side of Lake Phayao the outside temperature was 13 degrees. That is the coldest we have had for a few years. The coldest I have seen in the 8 years I have been here is 9 degrees. Having lived in the tropics for 40 years that is cold.

Hope none of the posters here are climate change deniers! 

cli·mate change
noun

1. a change in global or regional climate patterns, in particular a change apparent from the mid to late 20th century onwards and attributed largely to the increased levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide produced by the use of fossil fuels.

snoop1130

Monkeys hit hard as temperature drops

By The Nation

We were down to 12C this morning, the coldest so far, plus a very cold wind blowing if you were not in cover. Do not know what the chill factor was as the thermometer is fixed to the wall.

The thousands of tourists up here this weekend for the Overcoat concert will be happy to have it so cool.

11 hours ago, Skallywag said:

cli·mate change
noun

1. a change in global or regional climate patterns, in particular a change apparent from the mid to late 20th century onwards and attributed largely to the increased levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide produced by the use of fossil fuels.

snoop1130

By The Nation

Globalists have infiltrated all of the web, including all the *****pedia's. 

8 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

This morning at 0700 it was 8.5  degrees outside our house. Inside it is 14 degrees. 

The outside thermomoter read 5 degree's at 0630 this morning Rip.

I don't envisage the wife or dog's getting out of bed soon.

22 hours ago, Skallywag said:

cli·mate change
noun

snoop1130

By The Nation

Brass ones me tink.

11 hours ago, torturedsole said:

The good lady wife and in-laws wearing jackets all day and it was 26c at the top of the day.  That's a good summer's day in the UK.

I acclimatized to the heat when living on Samui but do feel stupid wearing winter clothes in the middle of the day when it is 26C out of the wind. 26C is beach weather.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2019 at 8:57 AM, Skallywag said:

cli·mate change
noun

snoop1130

By The Nation

Almost no one denies climate change. To do so would mean the denial of Ice Ages. Many disagree with the false narrative that it is all man made however. If it was there wouldn't have been Ice Ages.

My theory is simple, the Earth isn't a perfect sphere so it can't maintain a perfect rotation nor a perfect orbit. It therefore gets closer to and farther from the sun with gravitational forces correcting it's path back and forth and keeping it from spinning off into outer space. It's why "tracking" objects in space for impact or near Earth impact are never accurate. Until someone locks down all the variables the math will never be 100% accurate.

To the OP - My wife and family love to travel to the north when the temp hits 0 to look at the frost so it does get much colder than 9 in Thailand and has for several years. :wai:

1 hour ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Almost no one denies climate change. To do so would mean the denial of Ice Ages. Many disagree with the false narrative that it is all man made however. If it was there wouldn't have been Ice Ages.

My theory is simple, the Earth isn't a perfect sphere so it can't maintain a perfect rotation nor a perfect orbit. It therefore gets closer to and farther from the sun with gravitational forces correcting it's path back and forth and keeping it from spinning off into outer space. It's why "tracking" objects in space for impact or near Earth impact are never accurate. Until someone locks down all the variables the math will never be 100% accurate.

To the OP - My wife and family love to travel to the north when the temp hits 0 to look at the frost so it does get much colder than 9 in Thailand and has for several years. :wai:

I am fully aware that it gets colder than 9 degrees in certain parts of thailand that are at a higher altitude then where I live. I was posting about where I live in thailand being Phayao. 

Archived