Sediment Filter

longball53098

There is a wide variety of filter housings and filter cartridges.

As above: housings made of plastic (plexi?)m typically 10 and 20 inch long:

8k.jpg

50 micron is about the "roughest" mesh that you can get.

Filter cartridges for 10/20 inch housing, diameter 2.5 inch.

Reusable or dispose when clogged.

About most expensive, 20/2.5 inch, reusable/washable (900 Baht at "my" shop):

fh.jpg

Example pictures are from an online shop that is in Thai language only (maybe not too helpful for you).

I am 100% sure that there is more than one specialized shop in Pattaya.

Maybe a local can help.

Be aware: some stuff available at the usual home stores for inflated prices (like 5 times the online shop).

Cartridges:

https://www.duan-daw.com/category/28/ไส้กรองน้ำ/ไส้กรองกรองตะกอน-sediment

Housings:

https://www.duan-daw.com/category/19/กระบอกกรองน้ำ-housing-2

The shop is located in Sri Racha area.

Don't know whether they sell over the counter.

You would a need Thai speaker to phone/ask?

Thanks for the tips and web sites. I have been to the Star filter site a few years ago I think. Will contact them and see what they can do.

Any ideas how strong a pressure the BIG Blue can withstand if the filter gets clogged with muddy water? Has happened to me before and the filter housing I had before came apart at the seams (twice).

14 hours ago, longball53098 said:

Thanks for the tips and web sites. I have been to the Star filter site a few years ago I think. Will contact them and see what they can do.

Any ideas how strong a pressure the BIG Blue can withstand if the filter gets clogged with muddy water? Has happened to me before and the filter housing I had before came apart at the seams (twice).

Sorry I don't know the pressure, but the filter should be on the mains water before any pump. The only reason it should get full of mud is if they have been working on the pipes. You can get a filter with a clear bulb. I have one in the Pattaya house on the incoming main water supply. 

In Isaan I have a 'big blue' plus other filters on the output of the pump and never had a filter failure.

1 hour ago, carlyai said:

Sorry I don't know the pressure, but the filter should be on the mains water before any pump. The only reason it should get full of mud is if they have been working on the pipes. You can get a filter with a clear bulb. I have one in the Pattaya house on the incoming main water supply. 

In Isaan I have a 'big blue' plus other filters on the output of the pump and never had a filter failure.

That is the main issue here in Phala. When they repair mains they never flush the line before opening the supply and we all get a day of mucky water before it clears up.

Archived