Pattaya: No truth to rumor that luxury liner was damaged on rocks in the bay

rooster59

6 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

I can give you a special discount if you rent it for one month! 

If you get some 'takers' for your deal..... Pass them along to me... I have a very large 'Bridge' in San Francisco that select buyers such as yours.... I will pay you a commission also... LOL ...

21 hours ago, rooster59 said:

There were 147 passengers and 293 others

15 hours ago, mikebell said:

What were these others?  Some crew but hardly likely to outnumber the passengers two to one!

Yes, what are they if not passengers? An inordinate number of crew to passenger ratio. Were they loaded up with a few hundred working girls, that are now being returned to port?

16 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

From Wikipedia:-

The World is the largest privately owned residential yacht. The residents, from about 45 countries, live on board as the ship travels, staying in most ports several days. Some residents choose to live on board full-time while others visit periodically throughout the year. Wikipedia

Length: 196 m
Launched: February 28, 2001
Capacity: 150-200 passengers average
Crew: 280

These figures are for a privately owned yacht, not a profit-seeking cruise ship.  Even allowing for the 280 crew never having any holidays these figures don't compare with the Pattaya boat.

8 hours ago, mikebell said:

These figures are for a privately owned yacht, not a profit-seeking cruise ship.  Even allowing for the 280 crew never having any holidays these figures don't compare with the Pattaya boat.

Believe it was set up for rich people to not pay any taxes  ....anywhere !   ..

Archived