Hunt on as foreigner breaks window in door at Tak temple

rooster59

17ป่วนวัด2.jpg

Caption: Farang out of control at temple

Channel 7 reported that a foreigner who arrived at a temple in Tak in Thailand's north west with a Thai woman fled the scene after smashing a window in a door. 

The couple had arrived in a Toyota with the number 1344 (Bangkok plates) and had asked to see some paintings in the chapel of Wat Bot Manee Sribunreuang. 

As the abbot was away on duties in Bangkok they were directed to another monk in charge at the residential quarters.

There the foreigner - described as big, 170 cms tall and 50-60 years of aged - smashed a window in a door. 

His companion - a Thai woman aged about 30 and 160 cms tall with long hair - and the foreign man then fled east in their car. 

Despite a brief chase and police radioing ahead the couple escaped. 

The media reported that the couple had arrived at the temple about a month ago wanting to look at paintings in the chapel but had been denied by the abbot on that occasion.

Police asked the public to call 191 with information. 

Source: Channel 7

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-07

But see! Another foreigner tarnishing on the already deeply hurt reputation we get by all dorks that are still left in this beautiful country.

Starting to be an everyday thing in the news nowadays. Hope everybody posting here still sees it like no big deal.

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

But see! Another foreigner tarnishing on the already deeply hurt reputation we get by all dorks that are still left in this beautiful country.

Starting to be an everyday thing in the news nowadays. Hope everybody posting here still sees it like no big deal.

come again???

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Sheesh, that cuts it down to about half a million

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

a Thai woman aged about 30 and 160 cms tall with long hair

This description isn't a big help either i guess. ????

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Why can't the just say, Looking for a Foreigner? Animals Get Hunted ,are we as Foreigners classed as Animals I thought that we where Aliens.   ☠️

5 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Why can't the just say, Looking for a Foreigner? Animals Get Hunted ,are we as Foreigners classed as Animals I thought that we where Aliens.   ☠️

Yes, I had a mental picture of Alan Quartermaine when I read the headline.

So a man an spouse visit a temple to see paintings and for some reason not allowed then make the effort to come back quite possibly when instructed and again told go find someone else. Is it not possible he just closed the door hard and the glass smashed. I've done that before. Maybe no one on here has ever broken a glass.? And they wonder why tourists and expats are leaving never to return. A nothing event being treated as the crime of the century all because its the virmin non Thai.... Feeling the love yet? 

3 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

Let me guess... just another poor foreigner with mental health issues that needs treatment and then repatriation (not prison and deportation/blacklist) right?  55555

Or could be just another TVF poster who wants to lockup, deport and blacklist people for any minor infraction

4 hours ago, Scot123 said:

Is it not possible he just closed the door hard and the glass smashed. I've done that before. Maybe no one on here has ever broken a g

Possible if so... let someone know / write note.....

12 hours ago, Matzzon said:

What the hell are you talking about?

12 hours ago, Scot123 said:

So a man an spouse visit a temple to see paintings and for some reason not allowed then make the effort to come back quite possibly when instructed and again told go find someone else. Is it not possible he just closed the door hard and the glass smashed. I've done that before. Maybe no one on here has ever broken a glass.? And they wonder why tourists and expats are leaving never to return. A nothing event being treated as the crime of the century all because its the virmin non Thai.... Feeling the love yet? 

If you break a glass door you do not just run away.

3 hours ago, orchis said:

If you break a glass door you do not just run away.

10 hours ago, scorecard said:

Seems to me the foreigners objective was to get access to the paintings. 

And not concerned at all about doing damage.

Not sure if @scorecard is right, but, if the damage was not intentional, why run away ?

It would be much easier to say sorry and pay for a new glass imho.

On 12/7/2019 at 4:41 PM, digger70 said:

Aww.. think the nasty Thai press-men are calling you an animal?? Bless!.. 'Cause, like in the west, newspapers never call it a 'hunt' when the police - or anyone else - are searching for a HUMAN, do they??? But, really.. Aliens?.. Animals?.. Life's just so hard for us poor victims of oppressive Thailand, isn't it??? (I really do think that waay too many guys on here, really do need to stop playing the - ever more popular these days, but nonetheless pure, weak-minded, BS!! - victim-hood card!!!.. Or, perhaps just go home to your 'wonderful' countries.. which, after all, you certainly never came here to escape from, in the first place.. right???)... ps: And I suggest you learn to spell.

Foreigner goes to the temple with his Wife wanting to look at some paintings in the chapel. 

Main monk is away, the Foreigner is re-directed to another monk - Smashes a window in response?

Really ??? this is all that happened?  

I'm not defending the foreigner, but this seems an incredibly one sided story - its just very odd and somewhat xenophobic reporting.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Foreigner goes to the temple with his Wife wanting to look at some paintings in the chapel. 

Main monk is away, the Foreigner is re-directed to another monk - Smashes a window in response?

Really ??? this is all that happened?  

I'm not defending the foreigner, but this seems an incredibly one sided story - its just very odd and somewhat xenophobic reporting.

Perhaps this is just a minor crime, but i'm eagerly waiting for some update.

Very strange story.

On 12/7/2019 at 7:16 PM, Scot123 said:

why run? is that what you would do? personally I'd put money on that there is some potentially rare art involved and this may have been an attempted theft because like I say, why run? 

Archived