Investigation underway after German tourist found dead in Khao Lak room

rooster59

Investigation underway after German tourist found dead in Khao Lak room

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTU5NC83OTc0Mzg2L3Nhbm9va190aHVtYm5haWxfMTIwMHg3MjAoODIuanBn.jpg

Caption: Mystery: Lying dead in a pool of blood

A large number of officials including the governor of Phang Nga province responded after a maid found a 60 year old German man dead in a pool of blood in a Khao Lak room yesterday afternoon.

Uwe Meisser checked in last Sunday and on Wednesday the maid left a bottle of water hanging on the door as there was a "Do Not Disturb" sign put out. 

She noticed that the water was still in place on Friday and she had not seen the tourist for two days so she decided to enter the room. She immediately called the police. 

There was vomit containing blood on the bed and alcohol and tonic drinks in the room. It was determined that the victim had been dead for two days. Decomposition had begun. 

A quantity of an antithrombotic medicine (that stops blood clots) was found in a cloth bag. Sanook reported that this can have adverse stomach reactions when combined with alcohol. 

Both front and back doors of the room were secured and there were no signs of a struggle.

The body was taken for autopsy. 

Thaivisa notes that the report was unusual in that a very large number of police both local and provincial, local officials and forensic teams were on the scene. They included the Phang Nga governor  Jamrern Thipyapongthada.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-07

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Both front and back doors of the room were secured and there were no signs of a struggle.

Does that mean they were just shut, or they were secured on the inside by a deadbolt; if the latter, how did the maid get in?

Uwe Meisser checked in last Sunday and on Wednesday the maid left a bottle of water hanging on the door as there was a "Do Not Disturb" sign put out. 

RIP @ Uwe. Let me guess, a murder could never make it look like you've drank a lot of alcohol, right?

Second guess. All money, ATM card(s), etc.. are gone?

Something doesn't sound right here. I'm afraid that it will be a natural death as usual. 

So sad. Come to Thailand and dead 2/3 days later and left to rot in your room. No worry case closed and nothing to see here move on. Every hotel I've been in Thailand has a button on the door handle that you press in as you leave the room and door locked so the fact that the doors are locked is irrelevant. 

12 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

RIP @ Uwe. Let me guess, a murder could never make it look like you've drank a lot of alcohol, right?

Something doesn't sound right here. I'm afraid that it will be a natural death as usual. 

They found vomit with blood on his bed

No sign of a strugle

alcohol and medicines in his room

These kind of medicines can cause internal bleeding in the intestines and stomach

Therefor, the pool of VOMIT and blood

But hey, keep guessing mate

I am sure each time someone dies, it has to be murder or bad intent right?

15 hours ago, Moti24 said:

Does that mean they were just shut, or they were secured on the inside by a deadbolt; if the latter, how did the maid get in?

Housekeeping have pass keys. Obviously no deadbolt. I've never seen a deadbolt on a hotel room door, have you? Asking for trouble in a evacuation situation.

3 hours ago, Traubert said:

Housekeeping have pass keys. Obviously no deadbolt. I've never seen a deadbolt on a hotel room door, have you? Asking for trouble in a evacuation situation.

Maybe "Deadbolt" was the wrong word.  Hotels usually have a latch that goes over a protruding ball-shaped metal piece; whatever you call them.

On 12/7/2019 at 4:04 PM, Moti24 said:
On 12/7/2019 at 9:54 AM, rooster59 said:

If she was able to enter then, obviously, the door wasn't deadbolted from the inside.

On 12/7/2019 at 7:20 PM, Isaanbiker said:

The only thing that doesn't sound right is the content of your comment.  Did you read the OP?

8 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Me and scooby doo suspect it was the janitor.

sounds like some sort of stomach problem and maybe from the meds.i take anti coagulants but first omoprazol and eat first.deffo don't do alcohol first.

No, had to be old Mr Withers from the abandoned amusement park. 

On 12/7/2019 at 7:20 PM, Isaanbiker said:

Another body sent to the police hospital for an autopsy. The tourist machine is well oiled. 

Archived