Is your guesthouse spying on you?

On 12/8/2019 at 4:17 PM, Just Weird said:

"Not surprising they are not married nor have boyfriends". 

That has some relevance to something or you're just sniping at them?

"They replay the cctv cams all the time and watch what people do when they are not around..."

That's the whole point of CCTV!  What are you doing that's of such great concern to you?

"Actually the seem to stay out of site a lot and just watch people on their phone.  They will sit in the extra room and watch people when they come to the desk when they find nobody is around".

How would you know that if they are out of sight?  How do you know what they look at on their phones if you're not snooping on them and what has it got to do with you?

CCTV should be a backup and only used if there is some incident has occurred. They should not be used to spy on people. Internet activity should be private, they should respect their customers privacy. I was under the impression https: sites would be encrypted.

Don't you people have sense of human rights, dignity and privacy? It seems Thai's have no charter of rights or basic right of freedom and hence disregard others.

23 hours ago, Don Chance said:

CCTV should be a backup and only used if there is some incident has occurred. They should not be used to spy on people. Internet activity should be private, they should respect their customers privacy. I was under the impression https: sites would be encrypted.

Don't you people have sense of human rights, dignity and privacy? It seems Thai's have no charter of rights or basic right of freedom and hence disregard others.

What were you doing behind their counter looking through their computer? That is a criminal offense.

On 12/7/2019 at 6:07 PM, BritManToo said:

Post a photo of the two daughters please.

I have great story about two sisters and a 60 baht a night guest house on KSR many years ago, but probably not the place to recall it. Luckily no cctv or internet then. Thanks for the memories!

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I have great story about two sisters and a 60 baht a night guest house on KSR many years ago, but probably not the place to recall it. Luckily no cctv or internet then. Thanks for the memories!

I remember a great guesthouse along the Mekong River years ago. Returning guests knew which room to absolutely avoid, as there was a direct viewing hole. (Before the days of CCTV).

The OP has a point, Thailand has little sense of privacy laws. Just to point out that in Thailand , to get a hotel license, you have to have CCTV. I doubt most people have the time to watch it or playback unless they have to. Another thing is that most people do not change the password for remote viewing. This I know for a fact because a guy who was installing seemed to have a large swathe of hotels at his disposal to view! All those hotels/houses should have changed their passwords after installation.

I think its a positive thing that guesthouse/ hotel personnel look out for their guests. To use the word spying is a little bit negative in my opinion. For example, when I was staying at a hotel in Nang Rong early this year I decided to take a late night stroll to the local 7/11 which is about a 10 minute walk away. On the way back I was walking along an unlit quite road, when a person on a scooter was coming in the opposite direction straight towards me. My thoughts were, oh dear here we go, something dodgy is about to happen. The rider of the scooter came to a stop in front of me and said do I want a lift back to the hotel ? BTW he was wearing a T-shirt with the hotel logo on it. I decided that would be a good idea and hopped on the back of the scooter. This means the hotel personnel must've seen me leaving the hotel. Not only was this a nice gesture on behalf of the hotel, it also shows that the hotel looks out for its guests.

Archived