Video: Snoozing trucker causes pile up on Friendship Highway in Nong Khai

rooster59

Video: Snoozing trucker causes pile up on Friendship Highway in Nong Khai

1575446124_44630_vlcsnap-2019-12-04-14h51m17s898.png

Dash cam footage posted to Facebook show the moments when a 22 wheel truck trailer plowed into traffic slowing for a police checkpoint on the Mitraphap (Friendship) Highway in Sakhrai district of Nong Khai in Thailand's north east.

Daily News reported that the incident happened on Tuesday at 9.30 am. They said that the driver of the truck had had a microsleep. 

No one was killed but seven were injured including Thais, Laotians and Japanese people.

The footage appeared on the page of Charnwit Punyanan.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-07

20 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Camera date shows June 2017 !

Does not mean much, as many do not update automatically.

Have to be setup manually. Often wrong or forgotten.

I guess better models with GPS will update automatically?

15 hours ago, Scot123 said:

These police stops are so dangerous especially the ones that just pop up and often where they can not be seen by traffic. 

That's irrelevant. It could have been a herd of buffaloes on the road ahead, the driver of the truck was not in control of his vehicle because he was having a "microsleep", which is only 1/10th the duration of a nap. The truck driver is 100% at fault, not the police. 

It is the responsibility of a driver to be aware of their situation ahead, behind and on the side. Sadly this is not always the case in Thailand or most other countries.

So the cam was in the offending truck who 'burned' 4 vehicles in front of him, knocking a pickup into the offside lane who then put his foot down and careered into the bollards further down the line!  Am I missing something?

Where is the head Muppet in black uniform in charge of the inspection place, hardly any signage to slow down. Why they must close 2 lanes of three is beyond me it suppose to be a random check. The video shows how long the conga line of vehicles waiting; now add up the vehicle damage as opposed to BIB envelopes from those not wanting to be charged. Pathetic.

3 hours ago, P Funk said:

This is a huge problem worldwide.

Many deaths over the years in Germany by such accidents.

Mandatory break assistants/distance radar systems available.

But who will enforce them to be mandatory?

8 minutes ago, 30la said:

Another idiot who does not find sleep at home (perhaps he lives near a temple), withdraw his driving license forever!

Maybe he didn't find sleep.

But calling him an idiot tells me that you don't much about workplace conditions in Thailand.

On 12/7/2019 at 8:15 AM, Scot123 said:

These police stops are so dangerous especially the ones that just pop up and often where they can not be seen by traffic. 

It has nothing to do with the police stops that’s ridiculous.  If everyone is driving at the correct speed and alert there are no accidents like this.  But that’s a fantasy world and will never happen here or anywhere else.

18 hours ago, HHTel said:

So the cam was in the offending truck who 'burned' 4 vehicles in front of him, knocking a pickup into the offside lane who then put his foot down and careered into the bollards further down the line!  Am I missing something?

I think he woke up after the impact from behind & had to make a run for a toilet rather fast.

Archived