Video: Robber wipes up blood and wais after smashing 7-Eleven staffer in the face

rooster59

Video: Robber wipes up blood and wais after smashing 7-Eleven staffer in the face

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTU5NC83OTc0NzcwLzE4dGhlaWZnb29kbWFubmVyLmpwZw==.jpg

Image: Sanook

Extraordinary footage from a 7-Eleven store at a gas station in Roi-Et showed a man attack a staffer behind the counter. 

As blood pours from a wound to his face the robber helps to wipe some of the blood before forcing the stricken staffer to open the till.

The robber then calmly helps himself to 3,975 baht from the cash register as another staff member appears nonchalantly with a mob to clean the floor.

The robber then wais and disappears out the door.

Sanook reported that the staff member was 35 year old Annop who told Muang Roi-Et police in Thailand's north east that the man had come in and was browsing normally. 

He then attacked him while holding a screwdriver, wiped blood coming from a mouth wound, stole the money and wai-ed before fleeing on a motorcycle parked outside.

Police are investigating.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-07

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The robber then calmly helps himself to 3,975 baht from the cash register as another staff member appears nonchalantly with a mob to clean the floor.

What an idiot! Instead of the Wai he should have taken the dosh.

He'll be a very lonely robber soon. 

15 hours ago, EricTh said:

He should be locked behind bars for 10 years for assault.

We can see that staff is really a nice fellow and just doing his low-paid job and don't deserve to be assaulted like that.

That's a novel idea.

Just now, justin case said:

and that is why in the US, people at the cash register are behind a bullet proof window at gas stations at least

In many places in the US he would have been shot dead (legally) by the clerk or store owner. 

17 hours ago, Chazar said:

Its  all ok he waiid  to save time later at the police station when he pays the  500  out, thoughtful

the wai is becoming an overused action. They believe if they do the 1 second movement it absolves of  any guilt. Bit like the Kiwi Hakka it became so overused before competition the government clamped down on its use, example a New Zealand chess team  did the Hakka before any matches. The wai needs to be curbed back. If you believe you are Buddhist and wish to Wai then observe the precincts of robbery, theft and violence.

1 hour ago, Damrongsak said:

Drug addled !!! I suspect.  Or in debt for gambling.  Damn. 

so how do you know that ?  Are you so clever ?  Do you live in a Thai village ? Doubt it.   Possibly he has a family and no job ? Medicine to pay for ?  buy food for family ?  So kids can go to school or need clothes ?  Keep your dumb comments to yourself.  He is still in the wrong and should be punished though.

37 minutes ago, jaiyen said:

so how do you know that ?  Are you so clever ?  Do you live in a Thai village ? Doubt it.   Possibly he has a family and no job ? Medicine to pay for ?  buy food for family ?  So kids can go to school or need clothes ?  Keep your dumb comments to yourself.  He is still in the wrong and should be punished though.

And you know where he lives then 

1 hour ago, legend49 said:

the wai is becoming an overused action. They believe if they do the 1 second movement it absolves of  any guilt. Bit like the Kiwi Hakka it became so overused before competition the government clamped down on its use, example a New Zealand chess team  did the Hakka before any matches. The wai needs to be curbed back. If you believe you are Buddhist and wish to Wai then observe the precincts of robbery, theft and violence.

Wife's niece has a girl about 2 years old. I cringe every time we meet up and mother forces the little girls hands together into a wai directed at me. I never return it. Instead I give a cheerful smile and a wave.

A few days ago the kid was sitting in the garden when we called by and after looking around she gave me a smile and a wave. Come to think of it, I think it's the first time I've seen her spontaneously smile!

2 hours ago, justin case said:

and that is why in the US, people at the cash register are behind a bullet proof window at gas stations at least

in some high crime areas, not everywhere

I'm American and I have never seen that at a 7-11 or at any gas station.  Maybe in some really high crime area.

Nah that's only in poor neighborhoods. Don't make it sound like the US is filled with gas stations layered in bullet-proof steel and cages. It's only in the poor places, where crime is more likely to happen. 

18 hours ago, EricTh said:

We can see that staff is really a nice fellow and just doing his low-paid job and don't deserve to be assaulted like that.

10 Years? For a punch and $100? Jesus man! Maybe just hang the guy?

18 hours ago, EricTh said:

10 Years? For a punch and $100? Jesus man! Maybe just hang the guy?

There are two staff, the second one comes only to bring tissues?? He should have take up a long knife or a hammer or somethig. They let him get away like a good friend saying good bye? Thailand is just a different planet....

Archived