Video: Robber wipes up blood and wais after smashing 7-Eleven staffer in the face

rooster59

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, phka said:

Don't care about the money but if he swung for me like that I would rip the f****** life out of him

Not a very smart move. Why make yourself a target for future reprisals? It's not your money and the pain will soon be gone, so just let him go and let the CCTV and police do the job for you. Far better than worrying about being attacked on your way home for years to come. 

36 minutes ago, P100 said:

There are two staff, the second one comes only to bring tissues?? He should have take up a long knife or a hammer or somethig. They let him get away like a good friend saying good bye? Thailand is just a different planet....

And they both probably walk home alone late at night. Easy targets for the robbers mates to injure or even kill them, well away from any CCTV. On their wages why would you risk it? Also a weapon may end up in his hands and being used on them. The robber left without any bad feelings towards the staff, I doubt that would be the case if they had brought out a knife. 

17 minutes ago, chang1 said:

Not a very smart move. Why make yourself a target for future reprisals? It's not your money and the pain will soon be gone, so just let him go and let the CCTV and police do the job for you. Far better than worrying about being attacked on your way home for years to come. 

Right, something to always keep in mind here in the Land of Smiles.

8 minutes ago, chang1 said:

And they both probably walk home alone late at night. Easy targets for the robbers mates to injure or even kill them, well away from any CCTV. On their wages why would you risk it? Also a weapon may end up in his hands and being used on them. The robber left without any bad feelings for the staff, I doubt that would be the case if they had brought out a knife. 

Agreed.  It seems that Thailand does not honor one's right to self defense either which is unfortunate (and a serious concern for us falangs especially).

4 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

In many places in the US he would have been shot dead (legally) by the clerk or store owner. 

Some people even think that is a good thing. All it actually achieves is robbers also bring guns and many innocent people get killed. Which is better - a punch in the face and 4000 Baht gone or having a gun pointed at you and some idiot manager coming out with another gun? Now you have 2 guns both pointing in your direction. Which scenario are you more likely to be killed in? Then look at what it is over - 4000 Baht.

18 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

Right, something to always keep in mind here in the Land of Smiles.

Agreed.  It seems that Thailand does not honor one's right to self defense either which is unfortunate (and a serious concern for us falangs especially).

The more you defend yourself the more the other guy will use against you. 

If I wanted to mug you and thought you were weaker than me I would threaten you with a beating. If I thought you were stronger than me I would bring a knife. If I thought you may be carrying a knife, I would bring a gun. If I thought you had a gun I would bring a mate and another gun. 

In all cases you will probably lose but only one will you be certain to walk away from if you resist and lose. 

The shop has the best defensive "weapon" installed already - CCTV. Even on my phone I would probably be able to identify him. Local police may already know who he is. In the UK 4 million people are already on a DNA database which combined with CCTV greatly improves crime detection rates and portable fingerprint scanners make identification much quicker. These technologies mean I feel no need to carry any kind of weapon. If I was attacked all I would want to do is get a DNA sample (hair or scratched off skin). Be submissive and do whatever to stay safe, then let police do the rest. Obviously if they are being violent then that would need handling differently but money is never worth risking your safety over.

Let us hope he is arrested and locked up. That kind of mindless violence is so inhumane. Most of the people who serve jail time here are poor. This guy looks the role. A real desperado. He would fit in nicely in the Thai prison system. He would make alot of nice friends who would show him alot of affection. 

2 hours ago, P100 said:

There are two staff, the second one comes only to bring tissues?? He should have take up a long knife or a hammer or somethig. They let him get away like a good friend saying good bye? Thailand is just a different planet....

The second person is a girl who probably didn't relish a broken nose or being stabbed with the screwdriver but, regardless, they have instructions on how to act in those circumstances and tackling robbers with knives and hammers isn't on the list.  Calling the police, which they are not unlikely to have already done, is though. 

5 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

I cringe every time we meet up and mother forces the little girls hands together into a wai directed at me. I never return it.

6 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

You wouldn't be expected to!  

The mother is trying to instil good manners into the child, why have a go at her as though she's doing something inappropriate?

Where did I say I 'I have a go at her?' The point I make is that I much prefer to see kids, of all persuasions show good manners by their own motivation.

In my experience, kids learn by observation and example. Having the kids hands pushed together is not a wai, nor is it an example of one. If this is not true, why does the this little girl smile and wave at me instead of giving a wai? Perhaps because she learned by example.

22 hours ago, EricTh said:

He should be locked behind bars for 10 years for assault.

We can see that staff is really a nice fellow and just doing his low-paid job and don't deserve to be assaulted like that.

I liked the dramatic music.

Archived