Video: Robber wipes up blood and wais after smashing 7-Eleven staffer in the face

rooster59

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

What makes you think that some people wouldnt hit him back twice as hard ?

We are not all scared of Thai men and some of us fight back when attacked 

The rest of us don't want to be stabbed with a screwdriver over a  few Baht and a bit of blood either then or on the way home. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, chang1 said:

The rest of us don't want to be stabbed with a screwdriver over a  few Baht and a bit of blood either then or on the way home. 

It's not a bit of blood.  The video showed quite a lot of blood spilled on the floor.

Probably there will also be a permanent scar on the face for life.

It's really tragic. I always pity 7-11 workers, they have to work long hours for very low wages and now this.

10 minutes ago, chang1 said:

They would already have been attacked in the shop  .

And some people who get physically attacked dont just stand there and allow it to happen without responding 

Unfortunately we will likely be seeing a lot more of this in the future.  I am amazed the crime robbery rate is low as it is here given the plight of many poor thais particularly in rural areas.  Most are good people experiencing hard times.  I have to sometimes shake my head at how insulated some of the members are on this forum.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

They would already have been attacked in the shop  .

And some people who get physically attacked dont just stand there and allow it to happen without responding 

Sure overpowering him and giving him a good kicking may make you feel good and macho but what about if things don't progress as sweetly as you think? Life is cheap in LOS. 

1 - he stabs you with the screwdriver. You die.

2 - he has a mate waiting outside who comes in and shoots you. You die.

3 - he gets away and attacks you on your way home.  You die.

4 - after recovering from the beating and some time in jail, he finds you and attacks you. You die.

5 - his mates are <deleted> off with you and attack you. You die.

Your a poor shop worker, easy to find and easy to attack by anyone with the slightest grudge against you. Why would you want to risk  your life and live in fear over a minor injury?

It will take time for the workers to get over this but they are relatively unharmed and don't have to worry about being targeted by the robber.

It looked like the robber was taken aback by the how much he had hurt the worker. The wai looked like an apology so I doubt he would want to ever hurt him again but if the workers had put up a fight that would have changed 100%. 

For me, the harder thing would be to control myself and not to react.

20 minutes ago, chang1 said:

Sure overpowering him and giving him a good kicking may make you feel good and macho but what about if things don't progress as sweetly as you think? Life is cheap in LOS. 

1 - he stabs you with the screwdriver. You die.

2 - he has a mate waiting outside who comes in and shoots you. You die.

3 - he gets away and attacks you on your way home.  You die.

4 - after recovering from the beating and some time in jail, he finds you and attacks you. You die.

5 - his mates are <deleted> off with you and attack you. You die.

Your a poor shop worker, easy to find and easy to attack by anyone with the slightest grudge against you. Why would you want to risk  your life and live in fear over a minor injury?

It will take time for the workers to get over this but they are relatively unharmed and don't have to worry about being targeted by the robber.

It looked like the robber was taken aback by the how much he had hurt the worker. The wai looked like an apology so I doubt he would want to ever hurt him again but if the workers had put up a fight that would have changed 100%. 

For me, the harder thing would be to control myself and not to react.

If a person is attacking you with a weapon , either youy should fight back or run .

Standing there doing nothing would be the worst thing to do 

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

What does the Wai mean in this instance ?

I have done something wrong and please dont do something wrong back to me * ?

I cannot claim to understand the weird thinking of Thais, but in this case I think the wai meant... sorry I had to do this brother but I need the money.

19 minutes ago, sanemax said:

If a person is attacking you with a weapon , either youy should fight back or run .

Every situation is different. In this case being submissive worked out Okay. Trying to escape before opening the till may have gone very wrong. 

22 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Surely it's easy to be tough while typing on the keyboard :whistling:

9 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

No doubt, but 7/11 workers are not required to be martial arts experts as far as i know.

Yes, but we were talking about TV posters who stated they would have hit him back .

Just weird could not believe this and I merely stated they there are people in existence who would have hit him back , so its not unbelievable that some people would have fought back 

2 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

No doubt, but 7/11 workers are not required to be martial arts experts as far as i know.

7-11 across the road from me will knock you or anyone out with their rudeness.

new staff gets trained on how to be rude.

funny enough when I called to lodge complaint with head office they knew which 7-11 it was before I even told them store number.

10 years , without a fail, you go there in a good mood , you come out feeling knocked down and that’s only just paying . Try asking a question and you might end up in a coma????.

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Yes, but we were talking about TV posters who stated they would have hit him back .

Just weird could not believe this and I merely stated they there are people in existence who would have hit him back , so its not unbelievable that some people would have fought back 

Well, why should he risk his life for a little money that is not even his money ?

If i was him, i would give the robber a couple of beers too, and hope he leaves quickly.

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

7-11 across the road from me will knock you or anyone out with their rudeness.

new staff gets trained on how to be rude.

funny enough when I called to lodge complaint with head office they knew which 7-11 it was before I even told them store number.

10 years , without a fail, you go there in a good mood , you come out feeling knocked down and that’s only just paying . Try asking a question and you might end up in a coma????.

Tough luck, in my local 7/11 mostly cute girls, smiling and always polite ????

9 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, why should he risk his life for a little money that is not even his money ?

If i was him, i would give the robber a couple of beers too, and hope he leaves quickly.

The robber had already used a knife to cut the shop worker .

Roadrunner raises that to a six pack of beers. Not worth working in a shop that is open all day and night and risking your life while getting paid peanuts.

You guys have it too easy. I have to put up with a stroppy ladyboy at my shop. One night I had to navigate my way around an 8 foot Python to get to the shop. Not sure which has the most nasty suck, the ladyboy or the Python?

1 minute ago, DaRoadrunner said:

You guys have it too easy. I have to put up with a stroppy ladyboy at my shop. One night I had to navigate my way around an 8 foot Python to get to the shop. Not sure which has the most nasty suck, the ladyboy or the Python?

A python ? A real one ? they stay in the jungle where i live, but to each their own ????

12 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Its one and only 7-11 in my life anywhere in the world where even cute girls turn into crocodiles, for the life of me do not understand what the deal is with this store and its not just me, all my staff refuse to go there, all neighbors feel the same way, all have called and complained and nothing changed.

1 minute ago, BestB said:

Its one and only 7-11 in my life anywhere in the world where even cute girls turn into crocodiles, for the life of me do not understand what the deal is with this store and its not just me, all my staff refuse to go there, all neighbors feel the same way, all have called and complained and nothing changed.

That's very strange, it seems good material for a horror movie ????

10 hours ago, pandabear1 said:

10 Years? For a punch and $100? Jesus man! Maybe just hang the guy?

Does this idiot really have no clue there’s a camera on him as he takes 20 minutes to rob the place???!!!!

and yeah, I have no problem with hanging him

50 minutes ago, mickyboy said:

lets hope he meets a nice death scumbag ever thought about getting a job and working i put hot needles in his eyes his world be a dark place then

That would make you a much worse person than he is, if you were to do that 

Archived