Honda Sonic doing more than 120 kmh!

Kenny202

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

On the Op: if he was going 120km and the scooters passed him so quickly how did her observe them for so long? 

They pass, they’re gone - it’s a 5-10 second thing before they’re out of sight if they are going so fast. 

Whats that supposed to mean? I made the whole thing up?

Maybe my eyes are a lot better than yours. Have you ever heard of traffic lights?

Typical nonsense rhetorical post that contains no real knowledge, only sniping at others. Too many like you on TV. 

2 hours ago, Kenny202 said:
15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

On the Op: if he was going 120km and the scooters passed him so quickly how did her observe them for so long? 

They pass, they’re gone - it’s a 5-10 second thing before they’re out of sight if they are going so fast. 

Whats that supposed to mean? I made the whole thing up?

Maybe my eyes are a lot better than yours. Have you ever heard of traffic lights?

Typical nonsense rhetorical post that contains no real knowledge, only sniping at others. Too many like you on TV. 

Wow... thin skinned much? 

Must be a lot of traffic lights over those mountain roads from Phitsanulok....

.....or you've just exaggerated with the story, that's all, a lot of posters do it, nothing to start crying about. 

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Wow... thin skinned much? 

Must be a lot of traffic lights over those mountain roads from Phitsanulok....

.....or you've just exaggerated with the story, that's all, a lot of posters do it, nothing to start crying about. 

Hahaha, what a tosser. There are traffic lights on the mountain road to Phitsanulok, Khao Kho. Quite a few sets on the way down the mountain. And of course you'd know because you were there, and of course you know me so you know that I am prone to exaggeration. You have added nothing to this thread nor I am guessing do you add anything meaningful to any thread. Just what you perceive to be pithy throw away one liners. Nothing factual or that can be challenged. Just sniping at people trying to round up the pack dogs. Do you walk around Makro or Big C casting aspersions on people's credibility "Dick". Of course you wouldn't....you would get a smack in the mouth. I would have a battle of wits with you "Dick" but alas you would be fighting unarmed. Go and crawl back under your rock ????

If a PCX 125 with 13.5 hp and a decent variator and exhaust will do 120 kph then there is no reason why a Sonic with 13.5hp (stock) will not do over 120. ????

(NB. The additional 2hp for the PCX comes from the variator /exhaust combination)

So I see nothing wrong with the OP's original claim. 

4 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

If a PCX 125 with 13.5 hp and a decent variator and exhaust will do 120 kph then there is no reason why a Sonic with 13.5hp (stock) will not do over 120. ????

(NB. The additional 2hp for the PCX comes from the variator /exhaust combination)

So I see nothing wrong with the OP's original claim. 

I did actually check my speed so it wasn't a claim or an exaggeration. The Sonic I can understand as these are sportier but the Spark? Was an older bike too. Still interested to know how they get them going this fast. Going down the mountain they were just mental. Couldn't tell you how fast they were going but it was crazy. Weaving in and out between trucks. More than anything would like to know how they keep them on the road. I have been on a Honda wave doing 80kmh and that was enough for me. Felt like doing 150kmh on a pushbike. Too flighty and light and no control and would hate to have to put the brakes to the test.  

I had my Indonesian Wave up to just shy of 118kph not for long as pot holes intervened. It really just depends on how much time and effort one wishes to spend. I was only up to 115cc so one can go bigger. 

Loads of Honda Sonic drag videos on YouTube. Honda Sonic is now 150cc in Indonesia so no reason to suspect parts are not in Thailand. That is 150 stock not bored/stroked.

Spark can be bored out to about 170cc. 4v per cylinder, better breathing than Sonic?

No reason either could not do 140kph

On 12/8/2019 at 3:57 PM, Kenny202 said:

Hahaha, what a tosser. There are traffic lights on the mountain road to Phitsanulok, Khao Kho. Quite a few sets on the way down the mountain. And of course you'd know because you were there, and of course you know me so you know that I am prone to exaggeration. You have added nothing to this thread nor I am guessing do you add anything meaningful to any thread. Just what you perceive to be pithy throw away one liners. Nothing factual or that can be challenged. Just sniping at people trying to round up the pack dogs. Do you walk around Makro or Big C casting aspersions on people's credibility "Dick". Of course you wouldn't....you would get a smack in the mouth. I would have a battle of wits with you "Dick" but alas you would be fighting unarmed. Go and crawl back under your rock ????

You wrote - 'Passed me like I was standing still', yet you managed to keep up with the bikes at all of these traffic lights over the mountain road. So I call out 'exaggeration' on your post - So many posters on these forums exaggerate for effect and impact in their posts yet so many lack the grey stuff to do so intelligently and when are called out, they cry - just like you have instead of owning your BS. 

Now, none of this was an issue until you started crying and getting overly defensive like a child and then start throwing out names (tosser & dick) and then threatening me with your wit - again, further exaggeration, for if this is an example of your wit you have already been found wanting.

And now 'punch me in the mouth' but only in Makro or Big C ??? is that where your imagination is taking you? I cast aspersions on your credibility in a Marko or Big C and you punch me in the mouth !!! Really !!!  Way to go you rock hard keyboard warrior you... but be careful, I'll tell my dad, he knows karate !

On 12/7/2019 at 8:53 PM, Moonlover said:

I never understand the crazy logic of those wheels. There's a kid not far from here who bought a Honda PCX. Before he'd even received the reg plate he'd had the wheels off and replaced them with rims and tyres that wouldn't out of place on my wife's bicycle.

Not only must the handling be horribly compromised, the bike now looks ridiculous!

Actualy it improves handling that's why they do it 

20 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

I had my Indonesian Wave up to just shy of 118kph not for long as pot holes intervened. It really just depends on how much time and effort one wishes to spend. I was only up to 115cc so one can go bigger. 

Loads of Honda Sonic drag videos on YouTube. Honda Sonic is now 150cc in Indonesia so no reason to suspect parts are not in Thailand. That is 150 stock not bored/stroked.

Spark can be bored out to about 170cc. 4v per cylinder, better breathing than Sonic?

No reason either could not do 140kph

No need to bore , one can just buy a 180cc malossi or whatever and even tune that .

21 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

I did actually check my speed so it wasn't a claim or an exaggeration. The Sonic I can understand as these are sportier but the Spark? Was an older bike too. Still interested to know how they get them going this fast. Going down the mountain they were just mental. Couldn't tell you how fast they were going but it was crazy. Weaving in and out between trucks. More than anything would like to know how they keep them on the road. I have been on a Honda wave doing 80kmh and that was enough for me. Felt like doing 150kmh on a pushbike. Too flighty and light and no control and would hate to have to put the brakes to the test.  

How can a formula 1 car just 1.6 ltr reach 320 km/h and pull up that fast ???? how old are you ?? Are you still living in the stoneage ever heard of technoligy ?? 

5 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

How can a formula 1 car just 1.6 ltr reach 320 km/h and pull up that fast ???? how old are you ?? Are you still living in the stoneage ever heard of technoligy ?? 

Hahaha. These were clearly village Thais (not far from the stone age) on very basic looking motorcycles. Maybe they had some sort of primitive / back yard modifications but I would bet they didn't have anything like formula one technology. As the bikes were at least 5 - 10 years old I doubt they had ever seen a new set of pads or had been serviced.  

What a stupid inane thing to say. You might want to throw your spell checker on

On 12/8/2019 at 9:18 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

The rear wheel is off the ground...

Exactly, a few on here would benefit from learning reading some of the posts, hard braking transfers weight to the front :wink:

26 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

one can just buy a 180cc malossi

I don't think Malossi make bikes. They make expensive cylinder kits, but maybe not for Asian Underbones. Which while not actually required any machining by the customer but would still be considered "bore up" to use local venacular.

Archived