Three crown bridge.

up2you2

Following an extraction a year ago, I am now thinking of having three crowns and a bridge.
Certainly not cheap, but at these prices I don't wish to cut corners to create further additional problems at a later date.

So please what are the merits of the different materials and compositions, and is there a so called sweet spot that addresses all of these issues?

Is there a reason not to have implants? 

Are you talking a three three tooth bridge or 3 crowns plus a bridge for recent extraction?  Bridge is normally not too expensive but requires solid support teeth and any future work on those teeth will likely require a new bridge.    

5 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Is there a reason not to have implants? 

Are you talking a three three tooth bridge or 3 crowns plus a bridge for recent extraction?  Bridge is normally not too expensive but requires solid support teeth and any future work on those teeth will likely require a new bridge.    

Cost.

5 minutes ago, up2you2 said:

Cost.

In that case a bridge should be cost effective.  There are anchors for the bridge?  It is to replace 3 adjacent teeth?  Not clear from post as you said 3 crowns (which are put on current teeth and quite expensive and may require RCT and post) and are indeed made of different materials, or if you just mean a 3 tooth bridge (which would require good teeth to anchor).  

Bridges require shaving down adjacent teeth to accomodate the bridge. My concern is with adequately keeping a bridge clean - I alost lost a tooth as decay got under a crown. While an implant is more expensive, the outcome is more predictable - and cleaning around an implant is easy and the adjacent teeth dont require modification. I will be getting an implant in March. 

20 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

In that case a bridge should be cost effective.  There are anchors for the bridge?  It is to replace 3 adjacent teeth?  Not clear from post as you said 3 crowns (which are put on current teeth and quite expensive and may require RCT and post) and are indeed made of different materials, or if you just mean a 3 tooth bridge (which would require good teeth to anchor).  

There are anchors for the bridge.

Nobody it seems is coming back on the merits of the different materials that are used, for making these crowns.

19 hours ago, DavisH said:

Bridges require shaving down adjacent teeth to accomodate the bridge. My concern is with adequately keeping a bridge clean - I alost lost a tooth as decay got under a crown. While an implant is more expensive, the outcome is more predictable - and cleaning around an implant is easy and the adjacent teeth dont require modification. I will be getting an implant in March. 

As you seemed to have made a decision to go down the implant route, I wonder how much they have quoted you.

12 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Go to PI....here I was quoted just over 100k for 4 tooth bridge, had it done in Angeles city for under 15k...amazing Thailand, amazing prices

That seems a very high price quote unless for high grade gold and suspect what you received in Angeles was not the same material.  Dental work here is not cheap - but also not that expensive.

8 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

That seems a very high price quote unless for high grade gold and suspect what you received in Angeles was not the same material.  Dental work here is not cheap - but also not that expensive.

22,500 a tooth, then the add ons and after visits, thats what I was quoted in Patraya....yes probably AC used different materials but its a massive difference. I find the dental care there far superior to here, they actually want to save your teeth rather than extraction and implant as seems the norm in Thailand. 

To start the op need to give more information like age, and is cost important or irrelevant

My father was a highly qualified dental surgeon

Recently a bridge of four teeth on the front of my lower jaw collapsed

And   to repair all this I was talking 80.000 to 200,000 bhat

My wife and I chose to do nothing, with an unlimited budget I would have done implants, I am 75

6 mths on few notice, and when eating spagetty i just use scissors

Archived