Ms. Pareena surrenders Sor Por Kor land she occupied

rooster59

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Of course not, JustWeird. Of course not. 

exactly as the government pointed out themselves:

"The deputy agriculture minister confirmed that this consideration will be applied to all those who occupied Sor Por Kor land prior to national land reform came into force." 

When they acquired it, it was normal land. These cases happen all over thailand currently. They just confiscate land owned by farmers since decades, you can cheer for them but i won't. That it happens this time to a parliament member is irrelevant, many normal thais are affected and lose their farm land to the government. 

If it's illegal land, why and how does she pay taxes every year? yeah right because it isn't. 

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Of course not, JustWeird. Of course not. 

The land ownership in itself wasn't illegal but the land use was?

I was engaged in planning an oil and gas exploration survey over near Sa Kaeo about 8 years ago and there was this reserved Sor Por Kor land as well as Forestry Land. Then there was the National Parks to speak with but we threw the towel in before the Department of Antiquities stuck their oar in the water. The bureaucracy is daunting. IIRC, the junta article 44'd the release of Sor Por Kor land back in 2017 specifically for petroleum, renewable energy and mining. But around the same time, ALRO also reigned in some existing land that was already been used in upstream oil production which hit several E&P companies with state-owned PTTEP hit the hardest. It was claimed that ALRO's decision stopped around 18 companies that had already sunk 30-40 billion into upstream development from investing any more.

Back to the present, so the state has just got itself a chicken farm for free. ALRO are satisfied but it's not all done and dusted yet. From the article linked in the OP:

"Regarding the 7.36 hectares, which were found to be on national forest reserves, the Royal Forest Department will decide whether to take legal action against Ms. Pareena for alleged forest encroachment."

1 hour ago, ThomasThBKK said:

exactly as the government pointed out themselves:

"The deputy agriculture minister confirmed that this consideration will be applied to all those who occupied Sor Por Kor land prior to national land reform came into force." 

When they acquired it, it was normal land. These cases happen all over thailand currently. They just confiscate land owned by farmers since decades, you can cheer for them but i won't. That it happens this time to a parliament member is irrelevant, many normal thais are affected and lose their farm land to the government. 

If it's illegal land, why and how does she pay taxes every year? yeah right because it isn't. 

Yea, poor farmers and rich PPRP politicians. That’s the same thing. 

52 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The land ownership in itself wasn't illegal but the land use was?

I was engaged in planning an oil and gas exploration survey over near Sa Kaeo about 8 years ago and there was this reserved Sor Por Kor land as well as Forestry Land. Then there was the National Parks to speak with but we threw the towel in before the Department of Antiquities stuck their oar in the water. The bureaucracy is daunting. IIRC, the junta article 44'd the release of Sor Por Kor land back in 2017 specifically for petroleum, renewable energy and mining. But around the same time, ALRO also reigned in some existing land that was already been used in upstream oil production which hit several E&P companies with state-owned PTTEP hit the hardest. It was claimed that ALRO's decision stopped around 18 companies that had already sunk 30-40 billion into upstream development from investing any more.

Back to the present, so the state has just got itself a chicken farm for free. ALRO are satisfied but it's not all done and dusted yet. From the article linked in the OP:

"Regarding the 7.36 hectares, which were found to be on national forest reserves, the Royal Forest Department will decide whether to take legal action against Ms. Pareena for alleged forest encroachment."

She isn’t a farmer. And I very much doubt she’s done anything that even resembles farming her whole adult life. 

20 hours ago, Denim said:

Thank God. My pin up babe is safe.

I have been on my knees praying for her every night. Begged god to leave off helping the Palestinians and other needy people and put all his efforts into helping my beloved Pareena. My faith has been restored .

Tonight in my dreams I can now get on with giving her the thorough rogering she deserves.

Rodgering is a reserved  occupation and only available for  the Thai people /peasants

Archived