Motorists asked to ‘drive carefully’ as concrete sheets fall from Chalong Underpass walls

rooster59

On 12/8/2019 at 6:20 AM, Chang_paarp said:

TWO WEEKS??????

In some places two hours would be considered excessive. How long does it take to get a competent person on site to inspect the shoddy work and make it safe? It might take a bit of time to remanufacture the panel, but assessing the site and making it safe should not take that time. (Hint: get some spates made at the same time as this will happen again.)

I bet they didn't use stainless steel frames/bolts to hang the panels on....so the rest will come down soon as well.

37 minutes ago, P Funk said:

Contractor probably got a bonus for finishing ahead of schedule during construction...

You mean a bonus because the construction was only 2 years or so behind?

I passed this morning by the way, no warning signs at all.

A steering committee has been formed, they are now appointing a sub committee to commence the tender process to attract expressions of interest from contractors to apply for the repair contract. this will speed up the contracting process resulting in commencement of repairs by the 3rd quarter 2020. It is interesting to note the Phuket Governors brother in law has a recently registered building maintenance company.

OK, so I made that up, I give my permission to Thai news services to cut and paste my post when it comes true, won't be long.

Archived