41, Male. Seeking Global Insurance???

Hello Everyone,

I am a 41 year old and I have recently moved my address to Thailand and I am therefore not covered in my home country (Iceland) any more. If i plan to move back to Iceland then I will be put on a 6 month wait before I get access to the system again.

So, I have been trying to figure out what is the best insurance to get. And I must say... What a Jungle!!!

I think I will be needing a International (Global) Plan. The main reason for that, is because I am still working in Europe as a sesonal worker.

1. I plan to stay in Thailand around 4-6 months per year. My address is registered in Thailand.

2. I will be working in Norway (3-4 months per year) and in Iceland (3-4 months per year).

Right now I am trying to find a good Insurance provider, and I hope you guys can give me some links so that I can start comparing...

Right now I am not looking for any Brokers!

Please Help, I am arriving in Thailand January 3rd... I am getting nervous...

At your age there are many options. Among the popular providers of Expatriate policies are (in alphabetical order);

ACS

April Global (based in France, do not confuse with April Thailand which has different policies subject to Thai regulations)

AXA Global

Cigna Global

David Shield

It is best to go through a broker, they will give you comparison charts to help you decide and also help later with claims. I use AA  www.aainsure.net

Archived