Knife-edge? UK's Johnson ahead but polls suggest majority might be tough

rooster59

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Sorry to shatter yours, but he's also the PM and doing a better job than the last few of them.

He's also on his way to being a serial PM too, back into No.10 again next week.

if BJ becomes a serial PM then he has played it even with TM . . . .

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Interesting facts about Ms. Abbott. She sent her son to a private school, costing 10k GBP a year. Then on to Cambridge. She herself attended an old style grammar school for girls, then onto Oxford.

But of course, she despises grammar schools and private schools and wants to deny "normal" people the chance of seeing their children educated. 

Another glaring example of the left's philosophy of due as we say not as we do because we're more equal. Total blatant hypocrisy.

Who do you know who sends their 18+ children to any university, let alone years old Oxford.

My kids told me which university they were going to, I’m sure that’s the experience of most parents of university students.

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Who do you know who sends their 18+ children to any university, let alone years old Oxford.

My kids told me which university they were going to, I’m sure that’s the experience of most parents of university students.

Influential/rich  people send their children to the Unis of their choice , rather than being put somewhere

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Influential/rich  people send their children to the Unis of their choice , rather than being put somewhere

don't find that comment very clear, linguistic wise

what exactly does that mean?

that the children are being sent to the uni of the children's choice

or

to the uni of the influential's choice?

14 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Bloke who speaks 4 languages, has a classics degree from Oxford, who has written several excellent book and who became mayor of London, the leader of his party and them PM is anything but a buffon. His books the dream of Rome and his biog of Churchill are particularity worth a read.

And yet, all of this can be forgotten with a single photo...

Image result for boris zipline

19 hours ago, bannork said:

Come on Orton, spell it right 'buffoon'. He may not be a buffon but he's a coward and a serial liar.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-lies-conservative-leader-candidate-list-times-banana-brexit-bus-a8929076.html

He may well be a liar but he also has a steely intelligence beneath the jokester facade.As many opponents have found - underestimate him at your peril.

Incidentally though the Tories may be the big offenders there have been massive lies on the Labour side. As The Economist notes

"A popular parlour game in political circles is to debate which party is the biggest liar. The answer is that the Tories are probably the worst offenders and the Liberal Democrats probably the least bad, though they have a troubling habit of producing fake local newspapers. But this misses the larger point: that both the main contenders have turned disinformation into an art. They both start with big lies—the Tories that Brexit can be delivered quickly and painlessly, and Labour that its gigantic spending plans can be funded by a handful of billionaires (who anyway got rich by stealing from the poor). They then reinforce big lies with smaller ones. The Tories claim they are building 40 new hospitals. Labour insists the Tories are planning to privatise the National Health Service."

21 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Bloke who speaks 4 languages, has a classics degree from Oxford, who has written several excellent book and who became mayor of London, the leader of his party and them PM is anything but a buffon. His books the dream of Rome and his biog of Churchill are particularity worth a read.

So good to see the British working class still doff their cloth caps to show respect to their betters.

The good news is there are only three more days of comrade Corbyn as leader of the British communist party, unfortunately he will be replaced by somebody just as bad. No longer is it the party of the working class but of youngsters , immigrants and the plain stupid, the sort who say well I vote labour cos everyone else does round here.

Corbyn will be ousted by Christmas & I suspect a fair number of others might be out on their kybers as early as Friday. For me that list should include the Weasel; Sozzlebury; Swindle & Chukka 'wot-party-am-I-in-this-week' Umunna.

13 minutes ago, evadgib said:

A sad state of affairs but nothing can be done about it until a new Govt is sworn in & finally gets to work instead of constantly being deliberately tripped up.

Indeed - hopefully the electorate will realise that this is the true cost of 9 years of the Tories in power, and they will dispel any foolish notion that the next Tory government will somehow be different. Always was, always will be the Nasty Party.

5 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Indeed - hopefully the electorate will realise that this is the true cost of 9 years of the Tories in power, and they will dispel any foolish notion that the next Tory government will somehow be different. Always was, always will be the Nasty Party.

Tories are the better of two evils. as for nasty; that for me has to be the (anti English) SNP.

5 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Tories are the better of two evils. as for nasty; that for me has to be the (anti English) SNP.

I am not going to bite, sorry - but there is a little boy lying on the floor of a hospital because the Tories have decided that this is acceptable. This is by design, Tory design.

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I am not going to bite, sorry - but there is a little boy lying on the floor of a hospital because the Tories have decided that this is acceptable. This is by design, Tory design.

Are there any other papers that have covered this story RR, The Daily Mirror is hardly a paragon of truth now is it, especially where the Tories are concerned and it would not be the first time they have pulled a stunt to gain sympathy from its left wing readers.

18 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

FYI: Piers Morgan has just skewered wee Jimmy Kranky on GMB ????

9 minutes ago, vogie said:

Are there any other papers that have covered this story RR, The Daily Mirror is hardly a paragon of truth now is it, especially where the Tories are concerned and it would not be the first time they have pulled a stunt to gain sympathy from its left wing readers.

Yes, extensively covered by even those paragons of truth and impartiality such as the Mail and the S*n.

Capture.JPG

4 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

yesterday uk polling put forward 4 such polls giving tories averagingly 10 points lead over the antisemite corbyn party for example yougov 43 % to 31 %. the gap closing by labour seems to have petered out.

wbr

roobaa01

Seems a bit of an outlier in terms of recent polls. I am sure that Yougov being founded and run by a current Parliamentary Under Secretary for State is purely coincidence. I wonder does he still expect tax payers to pay for the heating of his horse stables?

Millionaire Tory MP claimed expenses to heat stables

5 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

The NHS model by design is outdated and unsustainable.  The influx of economic migrants, refugees and health tourists only adds to the taxpayers burden.  There's not a bottomless pit of money and only a fool would think otherwise.  

The UK will have to go private sooner or later.  I'd prefer sooner.  

13 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

The NHS model by design is outdated and unsustainable.  The influx of economic migrants, refugees and health tourists only adds to the taxpayers burden.  There's not a bottomless pit of money and only a fool would think otherwise.  

The UK will have to go private sooner or later.  I'd prefer sooner.  

Can you provide evidence to back this claim up, because my sister, a casualty nurse of 30 years, suggests that you are incorrect in your analysis.

Archived