Transfer details new passport Nong Khai or CW?

Good morning. Obtaining a new aussie pp soon. Currently on non imm o me, stamped in till January 26th 2020. My question is, can I get the details transfered into my new pp at the border post in Nong Khai (friendship bridge to Laos)? And, if so precisely where? Will the io do it on leaving the country, is there an adjoining office or do I have to go to Nong Khai or Udon Thani to get it done? Am I better off going to Chaeng Wattana to get it done beforehand?  Thanks for any advice.

It can be done at Nong Khai but they will send you back to the immigration offices near the bridge get it done if the office is open.

They will transfer the entry stampy in your old passport to the new one and do a annotation about your visa in it.

You will have to use both passports on entry to use the non-o visa in your old passport.

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It can be done at Nong Khai but they will send you back to the immigration offices near the bridge get it done if the office is open.

They will transfer the entry stampy in your old passport to the new one and do a annotation about your visa in it.

You will have to use both passports on entry to use the non-o visa in your old passport.

Thank you. So I assume from this I can get it done at the border near the exit/entry points during normal working hours?

45 minutes ago, johnny1966 said:

Thank you. So I assume from this I can get it done at the border near the exit/entry points during normal working hours?

If the immigration office is closed they will do it at the bridge.

30 minutes ago, johnny1966 said:

Excuse my stupidity but im confused. This means I can only do it at the border if the immigration office is closed? Where exactly is the immigration office? 

The bridge is the border at Nong Khai. You do it there at departure immigration there if the nearby office is closed.

The immigration office is about a Kilometer from the bridge.

• Thanks 1