METV - letter from gf inviting to stay and other documents?

I remember reading before on TV some people suggesting if staying with a gf and having a history of multiple METVs, to help a bit with the chance of not getting rejected at the airport is to have a signed handwritten letter (in Thai) from the gf inviting you to stay at her rented accommodation with a photocopy of her Thai ID card. What exactly needs to be in the letter? Any other documents to get as well before leaving Thailand to make it easier for when re-entering again with a new METV just in case?

Actually, I think the letter from the gf will be needed anyway when applying for a METV in my home country as they want to also see proof of accommodation.

Edited by bbi1

7 minutes ago, drh1010 said:

It may help satisfy them that you are not working in Thailand. Could depend on the IO.

I used to take a letter with me when entering on METV as it was my third in a row, just to back up my reasoning for visiting so frequently. 

How much time between the 3 metv.

47 minutes ago, drh1010 said:

It may help satisfy them that you are not working in Thailand. Could depend on the IO.
I used to take a letter with me when entering on METV as it was my third in a row, just to back up my reasoning for visiting so frequently.

Exactly, such a letter could be helpful to back up the reason why you come to Thailand frequently.

Surely wouldn't hurt and be easy to get from your girlfriend, so indeed why not.

However, imo you cannot use just the letter and the front/back cover of the ID card from your girlfriend as proof of accomodation when applying for your Visa.

Before I applied for an OA long-stay Visa mid this year I was in Thailand on METVs.  As proof of accomodation I used the confirmation from a Hotel booking site like Agoda or Booking.com for the first 2-3 nights of say.  Once I went straight to the place of my girlfriend so I simply cancelled those bookings after I got the METV.

Note: For my OA long-stay Visa a 3-day hotel-booking was not accepted, but the embassy provided me with a form to be filled-in and signed by my girlfriend (see attached).  And that form, together with a copy of the house-book of her home and a signed fron/back copy of her ID-card was accepted.

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Exactly, such a letter could be helpful to back up the reason why you come to Thailand frequently.

Surely wouldn't hurt and be easy to get from your girlfriend, so indeed why not.

However, imo you cannot use just the letter and the front/back cover of the ID card from your girlfriend as proof of accomodation when applying for your Visa.

Did your embassy/consulate say that they wouldn't accept a letter of invitation by your gf as satisfactory proof of accommodation? If so, which one was it?

17 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Did your embassy/consulate say that they wouldn't accept a letter of invitation by your gf as satisfactory proof of accommodation? If so, which one was it?

The "proof of your accommodation" is least of your worries. That's very easily circumvented. 

Your op was about back to back metv because you have squeeze here. Think you mentioned 3.

Letter or not that won't cut it with passport control.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

As proof of accomodation when applying for my Non Imm OA Visa (long-stay) at the thai embassy in Brussels, Belgium I provided what they told me to:

= a filled-in and signed form by my girlfriend (see form attached in my post #5)

- a copy of the house-book of the house of which she is the owner

- a signed front/back copy of my girlfriends thai ID-card.

Note: On the form to be filled in by her, the embassy staff attached a Post-It note in thai so she would know what was required when I mailed it to her.

Edited by Peter Denis