How to actually get the 12.12 Lazada discounts?

FarangFB

I see Lazada advertising heavily on 12.12 discounts, some of the items I found will be at a really good price once the discount. For example, Lego sets for my kid.

However, every time in the past that I tried to buy anything with a decent discount on these occasions it shows out of stock, even within the first hour of the advertised day.

One time I actually managed to pay for a camera lens at a very good price, only to get a message later refunding me because they didn't actually have it.

I don't want to miss the Lego sets this time, what is the best way to get them? Add them to cart and wait until 00:00:01 of 12.12 and pay immediately?

I got hit by a 12.12 scam. I was going to buy something but decided to wait for the 12.12 sale then bought it at the reduced price. 2 weeks later I got an irritating SMS message late at night when I was asleep that I was being refunded because the seller had not shipped it which is strange because it actually did get to initial ship status and stuck there. "Surprisingly" the product page is still there and in stock for people to buy, but without the 12.12 price.

9 hours ago, grifbel said:

Your own fault for not putting your phone on silent before sleeping.

Sorry but even if it's the middle of the day I still don't want to be interrupted for such trivial things. I find it annoying lazada sends SMS instant messages for so many things that aren't urgent and don't need immediate attention. And it's plainly poor manners to blindly send useless messages to people in the middle of the night. They need to learn from amazon that just an email is perfect. And there is no way to turn the SMS messages off without calling lazada and complaining and they will then make some changes to your account, but you have to go through this nonsense for each class of SMS message. And remember the customers are ultimately the ones paying for these dorky SMS messages.

It's not a complete scam, but most of the very significant discounts can be impossible to obtain if they're out of stock even before the sale starts, this is what my rant is about. 

I understand an item selling out in the first 10 minutes, but not being unavailable before I get at least a chance.

Anyway I got a few items with a decent discount, it was a good thing overall.