Border bounce issue

I have a 1 yr NON-0 multi, same visa iv been getting from Savanakhet for 7yrs and same border bounce 3x a year for same period.

Yesterday on last day of my stamp (non-o still good till august) they basically threw my passport pack at me and said i had to pay 1500 to stamp me out otherwise go back, book a flight and go out/back that way.

Iv never heard any rules like this have you? BtW wasnt just me anybody with  Non-o or A was the same!

• Sad 1

I have had issues over the past year at Ranong and Sungai Kolok. It may be in your case that they were simply trying to extort money, but I do have the impression that Non 'O's are the next domino to fall. One or two others have noticed an increasing hostility to this class of visa too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, baboon said:

I have had issues over the past year at Ranong and Sungai Kolok. It may be in your case that they were simply trying to extort money, but I do have the impression that Non 'O's are the next domino to fall. One or two others have noticed an increasing hostility to this class of visa too.

Thought NON immigrant visa were rock solid visas.

I mean what others are there apart from tourist visaa which they trying to make harder.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

Well trust me it happened, hopefully it will go back to normal after NYE parties have finished across thailand and the sudden rush of border crossers goes down ????

If they didn't stamp a refusal in your passport, it was an extortion attempt.

Did you ask to contest the refusal, using the appropriate form (TM 11)?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

Nothing is rock solid in Thailand, e.g. off the topic, but if and when they decide to change the rules and apply mandatory medical insurance bu Thai companies as they have with the non O/A visa, then the $hit will hit the fan, not wanting to be scaremongering, as it may vary, but plan B & C has to be in place as most won't be able to get insurance or refuse to pay a Thai insurer for several reasons, i.e. unless they are desperate. 

Sigh, they've got a lot of VISAs to insist on insurance before they work their way down to 90 day VISAs.

5 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

Not an attempt I had to pay it as no otjee option it was the thr last day on my stamp so they had me by the short.and curlys.

Just shows when you getting scammed from the top how do i teach my kids to be decent people.

The irony of the whole thing is that when you walk round the corner they got a big sign up on arrivals from Big Joke days saying "No gifts to immigration ????????????

Hopefully you got a receipt, and a photo of the immigration officer on your smartphone, and can report the officer concerned to head office in Bangkok.

You were illegally extorted, and foolishly agreed to pay the criminal extorting you.

Edited by BritManToo

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Hopefully you got a receipt, and a photo of the immigration officer on your smartphone, and can report the officer concerned to head office in Bangkok.

I didn't no, had i had a few days to play with on my stamp i would of tried but on the last day i couldn't.

But i can GUARANTEE if i hadnt of paid the runner they wouldn't of stamped me out.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

Thought NON immigrant visa were rock solid visas.

I mean what others are there apart from tourist visaa which they trying to make harder.

I've pointed out several times in the past that the next group of people who will have problems (after people with tourist visas) will be people who live in Thailand on a non-o ME visa. Looks like it's slowly happening. They think that if you live in Thailand you should get a one year extension.

The Thai immigration refused to let you out of Thailand unless you paid 1500 THB, yes?

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Yes it's a 90 day multiple entry VISA.

You can buy the same multi entry option on a tourist VISA, it's still only a 60 day VISA.

No mate its a 1 yr multi entry with 90 day max stay per visit.

Lets not confuse people who might read the thread.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jackdd said:

I've pointed out several times in the past that the next group of people who will have problems (after people with tourist visas) will be people who live in Thailand on a non-o ME visa. Looks like it's slowly happening. They think that if you live in Thailand you should get a one year extension.

The Thai immigration refused to let you out of Thailand unless you paid 1500 THB, yes?

Yes, pay 1500 or go back and fly out.

17 minutes ago, SteveK said:

I'd be tempted to report this via email, despite the fact that almost certainly nothing will be done.

http://www.anticorruption.in.th/2016/en/contactus.php

Good suggestion and thanks for the link.

12 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

Im seriously thinking about it

Don't dwell on it. Please do it.

6 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Your complaint will probably be taken more seriously if you write to them in proper English.

Im = I'm

Would of = would have

Seriously?

1 hour ago, 2008bangkok said:

Not an attempt I had to pay it as no otjee option it was the thr last day on my stamp so they had me by the short.and curlys.

Just an opportunistic mugging - you'll remember not to leave it until the last day next time!

<reply to a removed post removed>

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

They think that if you live in Thailand you should get a one year extension.

That domino will be next up after multi entry visas are edged out.

After all it is only an extension of a non O.

In the end if you want to stay here full time you will have to apply for residency and fulfill all the requirements.

Unless of course the junta are overthrown by a mass rising of the people, an event I'm not holding my breath on.

1 hour ago, 2008bangkok said:

I didn't no, had i had a few days to play with on my stamp i would of tried but on the last day i couldn't.

But i can GUARANTEE if i hadnt of paid the runner they wouldn't of stamped me out.

One of the reasons I rarely leave it to the last day. Always handy to have a couple of days up your sleeve to cover the unexpected.Car breaking down, or closed border etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveK said:

Probably panic set in when he realised he probably didn't have enough time to go to an airport, buy an expensive same-day ticket, or go to another border crossing. Can't blame him for just paying up instead of wasting a lot more than 1500 on transport.

Agree for that but at least it could be considered a incidental report, not as much as a hard rule that now also changed (hopefully).
1-2K baht is always worth it for a hassle free passage.

But yeah, who knows what is next. They are making it very complicated for me while having a wife and child too. Will have to find out again the 15-18th myself.