BANGKOK

I have a 1 yr NON-0 multi, same visa iv been getting from Savanakhet for 7yrs and same border bounce 3x a year for same period.

Yesterday on last day of my stamp (non-o still good till august) they basically threw my passport pack at me and said i had to pay 1500 to stamp me out otherwise go back, book a flight and go out/back that way.

Iv never heard any rules like this have you? BtW wasnt just me anybody with  Non-o or A was the same!

• Sad 1

Which border crossing? Poi Pet?

I have had issues over the past year at Ranong and Sungai Kolok. It may be in your case that they were simply trying to extort money, but I do have the impression that Non 'O's are the next domino to fall. One or two others have noticed an increasing hostility to this class of visa too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

It was this one past rayong

First I have heard of any problems at the Ban Pakard crossing. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

First I have heard of any problems at the Ban Pakard crossing. 

Well trust me it happened, hopefully it will go back to normal after NYE parties have finished across thailand and the sudden rush of border crossers goes down 😉

16 minutes ago, baboon said:

I have had issues over the past year at Ranong and Sungai Kolok. It may be in your case that they were simply trying to extort money, but I do have the impression that Non 'O's are the next domino to fall. One or two others have noticed an increasing hostility to this class of visa too.

Thought NON immigrant visa were rock solid visas.

I mean what others are there apart from tourist visaa which they trying to make harder.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

Well trust me it happened, hopefully it will go back to normal after NYE parties have finished across thailand and the sudden rush of border crossers goes down 😉

If they didn't stamp a refusal in your passport, it was an extortion attempt.

Did you ask to contest the refusal, using the appropriate form (TM 11)?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

Nothing is rock solid in Thailand, e.g. off the topic, but if and when they decide to change the rules and apply mandatory medical insurance bu Thai companies as they have with the non O/A visa, then the $hit will hit the fan, not wanting to be scaremongering, as it may vary, but plan B & C has to be in place as most won't be able to get insurance or refuse to pay a Thai insurer for several reasons, i.e. unless they are desperate. 

Sigh, they've got a lot of VISAs to insist on insurance before they work their way down to 90 day VISAs.

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Sigh, they've got a lot of VISAs to insist on insurance before they work their way down to 90 day VISAs.

Mine is 1 yr multi 🙄

5 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

Not an attempt I had to pay it as no otjee option it was the thr last day on my stamp so they had me by the short.and curlys.

Just shows when you getting scammed from the top how do i teach my kids to be decent people.

The irony of the whole thing is that when you walk round the corner they got a big sign up on arrivals from Big Joke days saying "No gifts to immigration 😂😂😂

Hopefully you got a receipt, and a photo of the immigration officer on your smartphone, and can report the officer concerned to head office in Bangkok.

You were illegally extorted, and foolishly agreed to pay the criminal extorting you.

Edited by BritManToo

2 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

Mine is 1 yr multi 🙄

Yes it's a 90 day multiple entry VISA.

You can buy the same multi entry option on a tourist VISA, it's still only a 60 day VISA.

Edited by BritManToo

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Hopefully you got a receipt, and a photo of the immigration officer on your smartphone, and can report the officer concerned to head office in Bangkok.

I didn't no, had i had a few days to play with on my stamp i would of tried but on the last day i couldn't.

But i can GUARANTEE if i hadnt of paid the runner they wouldn't of stamped me out.

• Thanks 1