Border bounce issue

3 hours ago, 2008bangkok said:

The main question of my post was is this an actual law that people with NOn Immigrnt visa are meant to only come and go by air because in all the time in thailand iv never heard of it

There is no such law....

Only comment might be don't use Poipet!

3 hours ago, 2008bangkok said:

The main question of my post was is this an actual law that people with NOn Immigrnt visa are meant to only come and go by air because in all the time in thailand iv never heard of it

It is irrelevant whether arriving by air or by land. The question is whether Immigration at that entry point wants to invent a rule that a multiple Non O is only for visits to Thailand, and not to spend long periods in the country. Fortunately, unlike with tourist visas where several airports also already reserve the right to abrogate the visas, Non O visas seem to be honoured everywhere except Poipet. I fear that the practice may spread in the future. Once the principle is established that Immigration can refuse to accept one type of visa when they feel like it, extending that practice to other kinds of visa becomes quite likely.

I can foresee a time when Immigration will only accept long stay visas (Elite, O-A, O-X) with other types of visas only honoured for periodic short visits. Immigration endorsed extensions may be insisted upon for other classes of visitors.