Space left in passport

Going on a 3 monthly border bounce end of Jan. Non o multi. Basically have 1.75 pages left (see attached). Last page for the Laos visa, second last page Laos in and out and Thai out and in stamps. Last page has some ink marks from the personal data page opposite but figure they will put the Laos visa on this page. Do I have enough space to come back into Thailand or time for a new passport?20191208_192856.thumb.jpg.4094f707c4e2e50020f09acdbd6d0254.jpg20191208_192914-2.thumb.jpg.77246cefa588089846da3ac511689ea5.jpg

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can get a Lao visa online now. You can use it a the Savannakhet and Vientiane entry points. See: https://laoevisa.gov.la/index

That would avoid having a full page visa sticker for a fee of $15 above the normal visa fee you pay.

After that entry you would need a new passport.

Must be a fairly new thing. That's good news. I perused the site but couldn't find out payment methods. Has anyone got one before? Wonder if one needs a credit card or it can be paid for via online banking through a thai bank account?

Edited by johnny1966
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, johnny1966 said:

That's good news. I perused the site but couldn't find out payment methods.

I cannot find it either. I am sure you will need a credit or debit card.

Perhaps proceed with the application to the point where you pay for it.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can get a Lao visa online now. You can use it a the Savannakhet and Vientiane entry points. See: https://laoevisa.gov.la/index

That would avoid having a full page visa sticker for a fee of $15 above the normal visa fee you pay.

After that entry you would need a new passport.

I did the e-visa thing online (one obtains an eVisa approval letter you download and print), crossed at the Friendship Bridge and presented my passport and the approval letter, and still got a full-page Visa sticker.  Presuming that's still the case, then the full page the OP has left will be used, leaving the one partial page remaining for the Laos "in" and "out" stamps and the Thai "in" and "out" Thai stamps.  Again, presuming that's still the case, the OP has essentially used up all his passport space.  While that could work if the two immigrations use the space left on the partial page conservatively, what happens if the OP needs to quickly exit Thailand (before getting a new passport) and there's no space left for any stamp?  Might be wise for the OP to get his new passport now.

Edited by CMBob
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, CMBob said:

I did the e-visa thing online (one obtains an eVisa approval letter you download and print), crossed at the Friendship Bridge and presented my passport and the approval letter, and still got a full-page Visa sticker.  Presuming that's still the case, then the full page the OP has left will be used, leaving the one partial page remaining for the Laos "in" and "out" stamps and the Thai "in" and "out" Thai stamps.

There have been recent posts of people only getting a entry stamp when they had a approved e visa.

Perhaps you got the sticker shortle after they first started doing it at bridge.

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There have been recent posts of people only getting a entry stamp when they had a approved e visa.

Perhaps you got the sticker shortle after they first started doing it at bridge.

Yes, just checked my passport and it was at the end of 2018, about a year ago.  If they're no longer doing the full-page visa stamp, then the OP has enough space for a while. 

3 hours ago, CMBob said:

I did the e-visa thing online (one obtains an eVisa approval letter you download and print), crossed at the Friendship Bridge and presented my passport and the approval letter, and still got a full-page Visa sticker.  Presuming that's still the case, then the full page the OP has left will be used, leaving the one partial page remaining for the Laos "in" and "out" stamps and the Thai "in" and "out" Thai stamps.  Again, presuming that's still the case, the OP has essentially used up all his passport space.  While that could work if the two immigrations use the space left on the partial page conservatively, what happens if the OP needs to quickly exit Thailand (before getting a new passport) and there's no space left for any stamp?  Might be wise for the OP to get his new passport now.

Seems like the online visa is well over priced. After entering all details carefully and correctly for an australian the following cost came up???????? Normally costs $30 US at the border.

20191209_121012.jpg

Edited by johnny1966

Be careful! When doing a border run fom Vietnam I was turned right back around in Vientiane because they saw I wouldn't have the page available for my reentry into Vietnam. (AND they expected me to pay for the additional flight back—couldn't transfer my existing return flight.)

20 minutes ago, allencraig said:

Be careful! When doing a border run fom Vietnam I was turned right back around in Vientiane because they saw I wouldn't have the page available for my reentry into Vietnam. (AND they expected me to pay for the additional flight back—couldn't transfer my existing return flight.)

If you didn't have the page for a reentry stamp I think they were right. No?

20 hours ago, johnny1966 said:

Seems like the online visa is well over priced. After entering all details carefully and correctly for an australian the following cost came up???????? Normally costs $30 US at the border.

That looks like it is the fee for 2 visas. For a visa for a Australian it would be $45 US that comes out to ‪40.67‬ euro at today's rates.

From this webpage. https://laoevisa.gov.la/fee-calculator

image.png.9b47911d0f05d073a960dcf3b3726cbe.png

Maybe the bank charges a large fee.

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That looks like it is the fee for 2 visas. For a visa for a Australian it would be $45 US that comes out to ‪40.67‬ euro at today's rates.

From this webpage. https://laoevisa.gov.la/fee-calculator

image.png.9b47911d0f05d073a960dcf3b3726cbe.png

Maybe the bank charges a large fee.

Interesting. 50% more than the fee charged at the border for a Laos visa for Australians which is $30US (or $31 on weekends) if paid in US currency. If paid in THB it is higher again.

11 hours ago, johnny1966 said:

Interesting. 50% more than the fee charged at the border for a Laos visa for Australians which is $30US (or $31 on weekends) if paid in US currency. If paid in THB it is higher again.

To me it it seems that paying $15 US might be well worth the money to avoid the wait to apply for a VOA when entering Laos and saving one page in your passport.

If you don't have the $30 US and pay 1500 baht for the VOA on entry that is about a 600 baht ($19.00) savings which pays for the $15 e visa fee.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

To me it it seems that paying $15 US might be well worth the money to avoid the wait to apply for a VOA when entering Laos and saving one page in your passport.

If you don't have the $30 US and pay 1500 baht for the VOA on entry that is about a 600 baht ($19.00) savings which pays for the $15 e visa fee.

Very true. The problem is that it seems to want to charge me 86 euro for one visa. Tried it several times and the same charge appears. Wonder if others have had the same issue.

9 minutes ago, johnny1966 said:

Very true. The problem is that it seems to want to charge me 86 euro for one visa. Tried it several times and the same charge appears. Wonder if others have had the same issue.

Why is showing the amount in Euro? Are you selecting it or is it doing it automatically?

24 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is certainly not the official website. It is a bogus rip off site.

Easy to be suckered in. Even the cost displayed on screen is quite inconspicuous and easy to miss. Thanks for the input on this.

Edited by johnny1966