Living in a noisy condo?

parafareno

12 hours ago, Pengo2001 said:

We bought a condo in Jomtien this year and have a similar problem. It is on the 7th floor but Jomtien second road is directly under us.

We have three options now. New window front and balcony door (quite expensive because it is a 4 meter front - even just for our bedroom), noise reducing curtains or shutters for the night. 

I did not sleep at this place yet just my wife arrived last week and she said the noise is quite loud. So we don't know yet which option we will take.

Double glazed doors and windows cut noise down a lot. Plants on the balcony, a cauldron of boiling oil. Although having to close windows on cool nights is a shame. 

5 hours ago, rech said:

High floor ? smart if you are above 15. Stupid if you are below. Anyway, with so much choice in this country, why living above a road ?!

Right, I have to park my car and walk 3 kilometres through rice paddies to get to mine....but jeez, it's quite!

On 12/8/2019 at 7:40 PM, mike787 said:

these will fix it 100% 

51ntWa1Q0sL._SX466_.jpg

OK if you sleep on your back, side sleeper no chance with those

Noise is the biggest downside for me when living in Thailand, those bloody Tannoy trucks all day selling fruit to condos just as your having a siesta

6 hours ago, bartender100 said:

OK if you sleep on your back, side sleeper no chance with those

Noise is the biggest downside for me when living in Thailand, those bloody Tannoy trucks all day selling fruit to condos just as your having a siesta

I agree...Immigration is my night mare/cross to bear....can't this place like a HELL.  Good luck to both of us...i'm not so sure I will be here much longer....can't survive in this xenophobic (noisy) society.

Archived