Thailand sees first case of pneumonia from e-cigarettes

webfact

Thailand sees first case of pneumonia from e-cigarettes

By The Nation

800_a0ff2ca8a40c851.jpg?v=1575775477

E-cigarettes have been blamed for breathing problems in a 48-year-old male patient admitted to a private hospital, Dr Asadang Ruaycharin, deputy director-general and a spokesman for the Department of Disease Control, said December 7.

The man told doctors he had started to smoke e-cigarettes containing marijuana on November 3 and soon developed shortness of breath, fatigue, fever and chest pain.

On November 15, he was admitted to a private hospital then transferred to another private hospital on November 18 after lab tests revealed no lung infection but symptoms consistent with pneumonia from electric cigarette use, according to the criteria set by the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention. He was treated with intravenous steroid therapy and has now been sent home.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/lifestyle/30379200?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-09

Misleading article. The patient got sick from the compounds in the marijuana mix, probably vitamin E acetate, which is what made the US users ill, not from an E-Cigarette. Regular nicotine e-juice does not contain these chemicals and there are no known cases of anyone contrating pneumonia or related lung illnesses from E-cigarettes using conventional nicotine juice other than in a few cases where the patient already had underlying symptoms, usually from a lifetime of smoking tobacco. Blaming the device for his illness is the same as blaming a syringe for a heroin overdose.

In theory you could put any Poison in and E-Cig and smoke it just like you could drink poison would that mean drinking is dangerous?
Guess now there gonna Spin this to justify keeping em Illegal. lol.
Wonder what's more Illegal E-Cig or the Marijuana oil?

When I got back to the UK about 9 months ago. I tried Vabing with 5% cannabis vap (I have sever back pain and take morphine etc). I found it very beneficial both relaxing, ease of pain and enjoyable at nigh. However I stopped due to 2 things: maintenence (wasn't using it enough so it was crystallising up) and that's when I found out Chambers require to be changed and elements need to be changed. Second after losing 2 Chambers of fluid trying to clean it at £25 it was just to expensive for this Scot to justify and that was the same reason I gave up smoking way back in the 1980's when cigarettes wet £0.75 now they are over £8 a pack. The moral is if vape devices require such regular maintenance then Thai's are going to have problems. 

24 minutes ago, Scot123 said:

When I got back to the UK about 9 months ago. I tried Vabing with 5% cannabis vap (I have sever back pain and take morphine etc). I found it very beneficial both relaxing, ease of pain and enjoyable at nigh. However I stopped due to 2 things: maintenence (wasn't using it enough so it was crystallising up) and that's when I found out Chambers require to be changed and elements need to be changed. Second after losing 2 Chambers of fluid trying to clean it at £25 it was just to expensive for this Scot to justify and that was the same reason I gave up smoking way back in the 1980's when cigarettes wet £0.75 now they are over £8 a pack. The moral is if vape devices require such regular maintenance then Thai's are going to have problems. 

Try dry herb devices ????

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Try dry herb devices ????

Yep going to get a Shisha pipe and try the real stuff (been told not a big deal in the UK any more even growing one plant). Think it might be nice when the kids are in bed having a bubble or two. 

Most probably the same kind of oil used un USA. AFAIK it's not happening in Europe where regulations are stricter. I still believe the e-cig is much less dangerous than normale cigarettes and still a good way to quit, if you want to.

But there are not make to heat oil !

3 hours ago, Scot123 said:

Yep going to get a Shisha pipe and try the real stuff (been told not a big deal in the UK any more even growing one plant). Think it might be nice when the kids are in bed having a bubble or two. 

Not that I mean actual dry herb vaping. I am pretty sure it’s designed for that . Just as compact as regular vape mods and tanks just slightly different mechanism 

3 hours ago, Rv Hawee said:

Most probably the same kind of oil used un USA. AFAIK it's not happening in Europe where regulations are stricter. I still believe the e-cig is much less dangerous than normale cigarettes and still a good way to quit, if you want to.

But there are not make to heat oil !

For sure, locals copied cooking recipe from YouTube 

Archived