More Indian tourists want to visit Phuket but limited airport slots make it impossible

webfact

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sydebolle said:

Just wondering, how long it will take for any of those gifted present leaders here to propose a second airport, or at least a second runway. It might coincide with the fact, that one of the very same leaders has some land on cheap offer to ease the avalanche of Indian quality tourists (who, apparently, spend B 5300/day) when ransacking Phuket - the Pearl of the Andaman! 

News flash, it has been proposed!

Because of geographical restrictions there is no way a second runway nor airport can be built in Phuket.  However one is in the planning process just north of the Island in Phang Nga. It is, of course in the usual state of suspended animation while land and ecological matters are negotiated. 

https://centreforaviation.com/data/profiles/newairports/phang-nga---andaman-international-airport

20 minutes ago, Nick Stevens said:

They do as a matter of fact. They're the highest earning ethnic group in US and other countries. They earn double than an average White person.

Not so sure about that. According to “The Millionaire Next Door”, the Russians in the USA declared the wealthiest small ethnic group in the USA.  And the highest percentage of repeating millionaire generation ethnic group?  American Scottish families.

14 minutes ago, mlmcleod said:

It is only a 4 hour bus ride from BKK to Phuket.  If that is too much time, I guess they are not motivated to go to Thailand.  Sad to say but Thailand has no idea that Indian tourism is the bottom of the barrel.  

Of course, only the wealthy Indians are coming to Thailand.  I have yet to see any in Pattaya but I am sure that the Thai tourist authorities are correct. 55555

I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to get on a Thai bus that averages 210kph on a 850km journey!

21 minutes ago, Nick Stevens said:

<deleted>. Never heard any Indian sexually assaulting any women in other countries. What they do here is exactly the same as any westerners come here to do. Pay for sex. Also, there are for more sexual assaults happening in Western countries compared to India. Most of sex trafficking is carried out by the Western countries transporting poor girls and minors from Asia to West. Check the numbers. Don't just believe what your media shows you.

This is so obvious a feeble attempt to defend these Indian 'tourists' .... You are obviously trying to cover up for the most 'rape' inclined males in the world... Just this past couple weeks there are 2 news stories in which they rape and afterwards dump petrol on and burn the girls to death, once THEY (the Indian guys) have had their pleasure..... INDIAN MEN are worse than Thai men for treating women 'WORSE THAN SOI DOGS'.......

I spend a lot of time in Pattaya, almost live there... And it is common for INDIANS to pay for sex, as you say, and take a girl to a room..... then 5 of their friends come to have free sex with he same girl once she is in the room.....

Try to pass your BS defense of 'INDIANS' ..... elsewhere...........

44 minutes ago, Nick Stevens said:

They do as a matter of fact. They're the highest earning ethnic group in US and other countries. They earn double than an average White person. The rising Baht didn't affect them at all. No Indian complained about it. How much they spend and how they spend is nobody's business. Thailand wants people to spend and that's it. The so called rich and high spending whites are running away from a slight increase in Baht so it's better to focus on those who are coming no matter what.

Right on i,ve got a lot of time for indians,diamond geezers.only person I knew who didn,t have a lot of time for them was general custer.

44 minutes ago, Nick Stevens said:

They do as a matter of fact. They're the highest earning ethnic group in US and other countries. They earn double than an average White person. The rising Baht didn't affect them at all. No Indian complained about it. How much they spend and how they spend is nobody's business. Thailand wants people to spend and that's it. The so called rich and high spending whites are running away from a slight increase in Baht so it's better to focus on those who are coming no matter what.

Where do you come up with all these lies???????????  The Thai's call them (Indians) 'Khacks' like they call us 'whites' farangs...... but it seems the Khacks are lumped together in a 'stingy class' among the Thais and most other educated races........

3 hours ago, legend49 said:

Who makes up this BS? There are much nicer beaches in south of India.

Yeah, there are much nicer beaches in Maui, Hawaiian islands and Malibu, California as well. I have homes in both places yet spend 9 months out of the year in Northwest Phuket. Why? Maybe because Thailand is awesome??? Someone needs to get outside a bit more and explore the amazing Land of Smiles instead of spewing negative anti-Thai propaganda all over the web. It’s particularly interesting how so many expats on TV hate Phuket ( sadly most have only ever been to the crappy Patong ) and I can’t help but wonder if their hatred for Phuket is a byproduct of their jealousy of not be able to afford to live in Phuket.

3 hours ago, Clutch said:

The problem is created by government red tape...... It's a case of too many chiefs and not enough indians  

Or the new logo; 'You have tried the cowboys now try the Indians' 

(a sign i saw in the UK by an Indian building company)

28 minutes ago, Duck J Butters said:

Yeah, there are much nicer beaches in Maui, Hawaiian islands and Malibu, California as well. I have homes in both places yet spend 9 months out of the year in Northwest Phuket. Why? Maybe because Thailand is awesome??? Someone needs to get outside a bit more and explore the amazing Land of Smiles instead of spewing negative anti-Thai propaganda all over the web. It’s particularly interesting how so many expats on TV hate Phuket ( sadly most have only ever been to the crappy Patong ) and I can’t help but wonder if their hatred for Phuket is a byproduct of their jealousy of not be able to afford to live in Phuket.

What’s so crappy about Patong?North west Phuket....

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Well we tried at that end of the beach, you tried at the other, none of us found any pearls, shall we club together and buy a snack from this lady ?

ff.jpg.a40cc27e94286951124b8c1607e00fdd.jpg.0e4f3a8074fc664312205e43569bfbac.jpg

NOPE................ YOU buy her what you want......... BUT...... not US........

2 hours ago, mlmcleod said:

It is only a 4 hour bus ride from BKK to Phuket.  If that is too much time, I guess they are not motivated to go to Thailand.  Sad to say but Thailand has no idea that Indian tourism is the bottom of the barrel.  

Of course, only the wealthy Indians are coming to Thailand.  I have yet to see any in Pattaya but I am sure that the Thai tourist authorities are correct. 55555

Good god, what kind of bus can do BKK to Phuket in 4 hours? Is this a bus company owned by Micheal Schumacher?

It's a good 7 hours even from Hua-Hin to Phuket and HH is a good 3/4 hours from BKK. Get your facts right!

4 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

Prepare for an increase in sexual assault... Indian men's reputation in their own country proceeds them... One of the worst countries for women's rights. True story.

I don't recall any cases of sexual assault involving Indian tourists here. On the other hand, there have been numerous stories on this very website, involving Thais, and a whole host of other nationalities - boyfriends killing or otherwise harming their Thai girl friends or wives, when relationships have gone sour. 

As far as statistics within India of rape etc go, well, per 1000 population, India is way down the list, with many Western countries far ahead. In a nation of 1.3 B people, there will be sexual deviants. I believe the Indian media is very free and vociferous in exposing crimes, so there's a lot of publicity. 

Should we stop allowing American tourists here solely on the basis of the regular public shootings that take place in schools and malls there, and infer that Americans are a trigger-happy people?   

4 hours ago, Nick Stevens said:

You are totally clueless aren't you. 
Indians living in the US and other countries are considered from the West, where the whites come from ????

A slight increase in the baht, you really are not from this world are you? The bath has become 25% more expensive in the last 5 years. It has gone from an average 42 baht/Euro to 33 Baht/Euro.  That is NOT a slight increase and not taking into account the slight inflation in Thailand.

Indians travelling to Thailand or anywhere in SEA are the upper middle class and those that travel with families only spend as much as their budget allows them like for any normal traveller. 

The time slots at the airport is not the problem to get more Indians to Phuket, it is more like Indians not really want to go to Phuket. If that was the case, an airliner like Jet Airways would be still flying today. 

What you read is more the lobby work from low cost carriers in India who can not uphold their business model and are starting to clamp on to straws. 

3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

News flash, it has been proposed!

Because of geographical restrictions there is no way a second runway nor airport can be built in Phuket.  However one is in the planning process just north of the Island in Phang Nga. It is, of course in the usual state of suspended animation while land and ecological matters are negotiated. 

https://centreforaviation.com/data/profiles/newairports/phang-nga---andaman-international-airport

Why would they need to build another airplane on the island, enough land available just 10 minutes away from the island. 

Seems like westerners are more worried about how much they should spend than Indians themselves. 

Indian tourists got free VOA and these people got TM 30 regulation and Dual Pricing in State hospitals. It shows whom Thai govt is welcoming, and if you are so fussed about it there is a classing phrase "Go back to your country"

Archived